Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Here we go.

Getting a bit tight up there isnt it!

Comments

• Unbelievable that we're actually edging nearer second every week despite being unconvincing for so long now. Leeds woeful form and a good cushion inside the play-off zone means we've got a great platform to change our plan, formation and/or personnel, and really attack the home straight of the season. Good result today but just find it so frustrating that Parky's sending out incohesive 4-4-2s week after week that aren't really taking hold of any game. Somehow Jonjo is still on the bench. What a ridiculous scenario to have someone of that talent disregarded for a crucial run-in. Could offer us goals, creativity and a link between midfield and attack that just doesn't exist with Racon. Even when he's not on song Jonjo covers so much ground and puts in a shift. Please Parky play something similar to the 4-5-1 that was so successful at the start of the season to give us fresh impetus for the final games...promotion's there for the taking but we look a long, long way away from going up on current performances... As I say, good point today though.
  • As I said in the match thread that's a good point. I thought we had no chance and would get battered, but despite it sounding like we didn't play well, we held on for a good draw.
  • For excitement levels its getting great.

Would have taken a draw beforehand, but from the commentary I would have hoped for a slightly more imposing performance.

But our squad looks a lot more balanced than it did 5 days ago, and that gives real encouragement for the run in.

Gonna be some crucial fixtures coming up and absolutely anything can happen. If norwich get promoted early, that home game may prove more attractive than we feared earlier.

Let's all try attacking it with a bit of belief.
  • Patched up team did well to get a point
  • Would rather have Leeds or Swindon in the playoffs than Millwall to be fair.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Neil Heaney[/cite]Somehow Jonjo is still on the bench. What a ridiculous scenario to have someone of that talent disregarded for a crucial run-in. Could offer us goals, creativity and a link between midfield and attack that just doesn't exist with Racon.

Absolutely spot on. We are simply getting no creativity from our 'attacking' 'creative' midfielder
  • It is amazing that we are getting closer and closer to Leeds. Unfortunately so are 4 other teams!

What a great end of the season this could be.

Most of us wouldve taken a point before the game so I suppose we have to be happy. Out last three home games will define our season I think.
  • I really think we'll beat Mcdons comfortably
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]For excitement levels its getting great.

Would have taken a draw beforehand, but from the commentary I would have hoped for a slightly more imposing performance.

But our squad looks a lot more balanced than it did 5 days ago, and that gives real encouragement for the run in.

Gonna be some crucial fixtures coming up and absolutely anything can happen. If norwich get promoted early, that home game may prove more attractive than we feared earlier.

Let's all try attacking it with a bit of belief.

how can we though our form since december is woeful
  • Yet we're closer to second that we have been in weeks Steve. Funny old game.
  • Sponsored links:

• swindon show some balls after a sticky few games, they win away at brighton & hartlepool an draw with norwich.Millwall just continue to show balls and team spirit
  • Considering the amount of loans in the squad its amazing we still have a genuine chance.

We've got to go on a winning run, this is such a pisspoor league.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Neil Heaney[/cite]Unbelievable that we're actually edging nearer second every week

The trouble is that while we're edging closer, Millwall and Swindon are currently on better form and moving more rapidly in that direction. Chins up, though, lads - we're still 5th!
  • Spanner mate had 20 quid on 5-0 Millwall at 33/1
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Considering the amount of loans in the squad its amazing we still have a genuine chance.

but we are a piss poor team and the fact he still dont play jonjo is a disgrace
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Neil Heaney[/cite]Somehow Jonjo is still on the bench. What a ridiculous scenario to have someone of that talent disregarded for a crucial run-in. Could offer us goals, creativity and a link between midfield and attack that just doesn't exist with Racon.

Absolutely spot on. We are simply getting no creativity from our 'attacking' 'creative' midfielder
    To be fair to Racon, or maybe not, he's never been "creative". Skillful, a good dribbler, comfortable and composed on the ball, but he doesn't have a great range of passing nor if he drifts out wide you don't see him putting in a good cross. For an attacking midfielder he doesn't offer an end product in goals or assists which isn't really good enough. Shelvey doesn't always play well, but still offers those things and a better work rate.

Racon's not a bad player but for me he just doesn't have a clear role in the team. He's not there for his defensive side and he doesn't score or create goals apart from occasionally. He might get involved in the moves but so would any player playing central midfield.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

Don't think Parky has a choice. Only sensible reason why he can't get a game in our very average team/
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Considering the amount of loans in the squad its amazing we still have a genuine chance.

I agree but maybe a fit, chomping at the bit jonjo will bw very useful for the run in?

Someone has to drag us up!

Ive given up with Parky, its upto the players to pull their fingers out!
  • Could be a very important point by the end of the season as it keeps six between us and Hudds
    can't see us being involved in the race for second in any shape or form personally unless there is a dramatic turnaround over the next couple of matches
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Let's all try attacking it with a bit of belief.
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Would rather have Leeds or Swindon in the playoffs than Millwall to be fair.

Good start :o) who cares about the play-offs we are in a position whereby we should only be thinking about 2nd, if and only IF we end up in the play-off position should we start worrying about who's in or out.
  • Sponsored links:

• being in this league again next season wouldn't normally faze me,what happens to us as a club if we dont go up,frightens the living daylights out of me.
  • good point today..with leeds losing opens up second spot, going forward we need to really go for it....hopefully not over yet.
  • One game at a time.

We would all have taken a point at Huddersfield before the match.

Regroup and hope we can one better away at MK Dons then beat Carlisle on Easter Monday.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]being in this league again next season wouldn't normally faze me,what happens to us as a club if we dont go up,frightens the living daylights out of me.

Yeah, that's the point. RM has hinted that it is essential to the club's health. And that's why I can't feel the positivity that others seem to feel as we limp along like this. Yeah, maybe a point v Huddersfield is not a bad result. But we need more than 'not a bad result'
  • good solid point and it's tightening up at the top (i'll be honest millwall are giving me headaches and look unstoppable for second spot atm!)

with 2 fixtures over the easter weekend it's gonna get messy up there

i now see us as 1% automatics 75% playoffs and 24% out of playoffs come the end of the season , i'll up date it after each game so you all will know where we'll end up ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    We have some massive games coming up. Leeds, Norwich, Colchester, MK Dons and Southampton. All Top 10 teams in this league.
    When we get into this stage of the season draws aren't important we need to go for it in games and go for the 3 points instead of being happy with a point. If we want auto promotion I think we have to aim for 12 points from these games.
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]But we need more than 'not a bad result'
    Not a bad result is fine if we get two good results next.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good solid point and it's tightening up at the top (i'll be honest millwall are giving me headaches and look unstoppable for second spot atm!)

with 2 fixtures over the easter weekend it's gonna get messy up there

i now see us as 1% automatics 75% playoffs and 24% out of playoffs come the end of the season , i'll up date it after each game so you all will know where we'll end up ;-)

I think your 1% is way too pessimistic, supposing we take maximum points off MK Dons & Carlisle - not beyond the realms of possibility. I agree with AFKA, the new blood - could really help us in the final few games.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

99/1 for automatic ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]But we need more than 'not a bad result'[/quote]
    Not a bad result is fine [b]if[/b] we get two good results next.[/quote]

Like all those good results we've been getting lately ;-)