Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parky to Leicester?

edited June 2010 in Rumours
Article

But it is The Sun, so it's probs a load of crap

Comments

• Would be a disaster......
  • Would be a terrible move for Parkinson, Mandaric has a real trigger-finger.

You also have to ask yourself why Pearson is so keen to move to Hull - who we all know are in real strife - probably to get away from Mandaric.

Still, I guess some people on here would be pleased to see him go.....although God only knows who we would get to replace him.
  • I think the real disaster has already happened ie not getting promoted. The failure to stay up last season and the failure to go up this season, whilst not entirely Parky's fault, it is largely influenced by managerial input.
    If Parky wasn't prepared to play open attacking football, especially at the Valley, with the players that he had at his disposal last season, then we have no hope for the coming season.
    We need a fresh start, with an ambitious manager who is prepared to put faith in the younger players and who believes in playing football as it should be played, Ian Holloway last season, being a good example of where that can take you.
  • I think if we lost Parky we could be in for a relegation battle...

with parky I think mid table and maybe just sneak the play offs...
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]I think the real disaster has already happened ie not getting promoted. The failure to stay up last season and the failure to go up this season, whilst not entirely Parky's fault, it is largely influenced by managerial input.
    If Parky wasn't prepared to play open attacking football, especially at the Valley, with the players that he had at his disposal last season, then we have no hope for the coming season.
    We need a fresh start, with an ambitious manager who is prepared to put faith in the younger players and who believes in playing football as it should be played, Ian Holloway last season, being a good example of where that can take you.

I can't really agree with very much of that - we only missed out on auto-promotion by two points.

Regardless, if PP were to go then who would you have come in and replace him?
  • With parky under contract, surely its a money matter again. Leicester would have to pay us compo for parkys services. If mandric offered somewhere between 250k and dare I dream a million then surely the board would have to let him go. He is just another assest we own that may have to be stripped to keep us alive for the season. Maybe they would let us talk to sir chris as part of the deal, he wouldn't demand mega wages and despite what some say on here could be our new lennie lawerence.
  • that was nonsense then.
  • seriously, why on earth would Leicester want Parkinson !?!?
  • I've supported Parky on here and think he is a good manager at this level . He has potential but more than that I think he sees potential in Charlton as a project , so I'm not sure he would walk .Only two years ago Leicester were where we are now.

If he did go remember our best managers in living memory Mike Bailey , Alan Curbishley and Lennie Lawrence were all appointed at times of crisis and were not seen as 'big names'. Maybe someone like Kinsella or even Christian Dailly might step up to the plate.
  • Sponsored links:

• With the size of our squad at the moment, there's a lot of work to do just to finish mid table. I'd trust Parky to do that over a ln even cheaper manager or someone like Powell, Kinsella or Dailly.
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We need a fresh start, with an ambitious manager who is prepared to put faith in the younger players and who believes in playing football as it should be played, Ian Holloway last season, being a good example of where that can take you.
    If we throw more than the odd youngster into the team as regulars and try to play open attacking football we'll be closer to a relegation battle than the top 6.

Big difference with Blackpool is there was no pressure on them at all for even making the play-offs. Teams play differently against the better clubs, we saw teams at The Valley sit back against us. Would clubs have been so cautious against Blackpool?

Parky can be cautious but it was generally working quite well at the end of the season. The players we had suited a cautious game.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]that was nonsense then.

why believe The Mirror over The Sun ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]With the size of our squad at the moment, there's a lot of work to do just to finish mid table. I'd trust Parky to do that over a ln even cheaper manager or someone like Powell, Kinsella or Dailly.
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We need a fresh start, with an ambitious manager who is prepared to put faith in the younger players and who believes in playing football as it should be played, Ian Holloway last season, being a good example of where that can take you.
    If we throw more than the odd youngster into the team as regulars and try to play open attacking football we'll be closer to a relegation battle than the top 6.

Big difference with Blackpool is there was no pressure on them at all for even making the play-offs. Teams play differently against the better clubs, we saw teams at The Valley sit back against us. Would clubs have been so cautious against Blackpool?

Parky can be cautious but it was generally working quite well at the end of the season. The players we had suited a cautious game.

Agree entirely with this. The cautious game was played as much out of necessity as anything else. Apart from Jonjo, we didn't really have any attacking options that were in anyway under used, imo and Jonjo alone would not have transformed us into a lower league Barcelona.
  • if there was any truth to this and parky does leave, then Mark Bowen would be my first choice.
  • Notice, with Nigel Pearson going to Hull, he's taken Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh to work under him.
    So no place with him for Chris Powell, who presumably is still under contract at Leicester.

When Leicester appoint a new manager, no doubt the new man will want to bring in his own men.
    Where does that leave Sir Chris?
  • Hope this does not happen. Think Parky did well and obviously squad like him
  • what squad?!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]what squad?!

It's not a squad anymore, just a clique.
  • Hopefully Chrissy P will come down and Coach our lads
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]With parky under contract, surely its a money matter again. Leicester would have to pay us compo for parkys services. If mandric offered somewhere between 250k and dare I dream a million then surely the board would have to let him go. He is just another assest we own that may have to be stripped to keep us alive for the season. Maybe they would let us talk to sir chris as part of the deal, he wouldn't demand mega wages and despite what some say on here could be our new lennie lawerence.

we couldn't demand much more than the 1 yr on his contract is worth. If that's 100k/150k then the Board would find even that hard to refuse. Don't know if Sir Chris would be the answer but I'd be prepared to give him a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]seriously, why on earth would Leicester want Parkinson !?!?[/quote]

That was my immediate thought.

If this turned out to be true, I would be more than happy to see the back of parkinson and get money for it. As someone said above, a fresh start is needed at the club and I can't see how this can be acheived by keeping a manager that has been a failure since he joined the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]seriously, why on earth would Leicester want Parkinson !?!?

If this turned out to be true, I would be more than happy to see the back of parkinson and get money for it. As someone said above, a fresh start is needed at the club and I can't see how this can be acheived by keeping a manager that has been a failure since he joined the club.

I would imagine Leicester rate Parkinson's acheivement of a play-off place higher than you do. And, let us not forget, we were one win away from automatic promotion. Those stats look good from the outside.
  • PLease god let this be true he can leave we pay him nothing

win win both sides
  • Chrissy Powell would get a wonderful reception if he was soon to be appointed manager here.

But in our present circumstances, after the honeymoon period, he'd get slaughtered by many once he'd lost 3 in a row.
    And all he would be allowed to do to change it, would be to throw in a couple more untried teenagers.

No, not the right time here anytime soon for Chris Powell.
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]seriously, why on earth would Leicester want Parkinson !?!?

i 2nd all of what you say bdv a loser of the highest order complete failure
  • If this is true i hope it all happens pronto. I dont want to have another manager come in a inherit the previous mans signings. Just gives an excuse to hide behind.

I dont mind actually keeping Parky, but if he's gonna go...then i hope it gets done now before any signings are made.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]PLease god let this be true he can leave we pay him nothing

win win both sides

And if Parky did go, who do we replace him with ...... Iain Dowie?

Careful what you wish for.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Chrissy Powell would get a wonderful reception if he was soon to be appointed manager here.

But in our present circumstances, after the honeymoon period, he'd get slaughtered by many once he'd lost 3 in a row.
    And all he would be allowed to do to change it, would be to throw in a couple more untried teenagers.

No, not the right time here anytime soon for Chris Powell.[/quote]

Not sure OR. I think that most fans realise that failing to get promoted last season has meant that we could be in this division for a while and that there is no quick fix unless we get taken over.

I think that someone like Powell would be given time to do the rebuilding job.
  • I agree with BDV. There wouldn't be much pressure on Sir Chris as at the moment my only expectation of next season is that we don't get relegated. Mid table would be seen as a success and anything more he'd be a bigger hero than he already is.
  • Can't see Parky going to Leicester but......

Damian Matthew as manager. Cheap, available, good coach, knows the young players, plays good football. If he want Chris Powell as part of his team then fine.