Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

the most scared you have ever been

Comments

• Sorry to read that GH my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Sorry to hear that gh.

Went through the same with my dad a few years back.

Stay strong and you will know yourself that you done nothing wrong
  • Thoughts & sympathies are with you GH.
  • wow gh, very sorry to hear that, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Sorry GH. xx
  • Sorry to hear that, GH.

RIP
  • There are some real horror stories on here, kind of makes me realise how thin between life and death can be. My own scary experience seems pretty tame by comparison.

While in Kuala Lumpa a few year back I got chatting to some locals who seemed alright. We had a few beers when they invited me back to their house. Now usually I would have politely declined but on this one occasion I had an acute attack of stupidity and decided to go feeling all jollied up as I was. It wasn't until I got into the car and they drove me further and further out of town that the thought occurred to me that I had made a big mistake. During ride to the outskirts of KL they started to mention a friend of theirs who was coming around for a regular card game, a game of poker. It was at thet point I realised I was in a scam, i just kept trying to find some way out of it.

Somehow I managed to lie my way out of the situation, but I still found myself in the middle of nowhere surrounded by some very pissed off Malaysian card sharks.
  • [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]First one, myself and colleague were driving through a small town one sunday morning when all of a sudden the local catholic church emptied out from their morning congregation. As they all poured into the street, the car in front stopped, leaving us just sitting there completely swamped by what seemed a couple of hundred catholics in an area that was not known for being "squaddie friendly". We were both trying to conceal our weapons (which were usually just tucked under the leg for easy access) and trying not to look too conspicous. It seemed like every single set of eyes were staring at us. This was only only about 6 months after two fellow soldiers were spotted and pulled from their vehicle and murdered in the street, so naturally we were kacking it.
    Jesus! I bet time literally froze.
  • Today I was driving down a dual carriage way when i saw a porschgo to overtake a peugeot 106 as porsche did the driver lost control smashed into the peugeot bounced into the safety rail and across the road before hitting the peugeot again and scraping to a stop against the central divide. His lights were off so i parked up hazards on and went to check on the peugeot 2 young girls scared sh*tless and shaking i told them to get their car further to the side of the road and crossed traffic (which had carried on driving through) to see blood on the windscreen of the Porsche and the guys head resting on the steering wheel I feared the worst as i prized the passengers door open i was so relieved to see the driver had just bust his nose and was conscious and fully able to move. I dragged him out from the car and walked him accross to my car where we sat whilst calling the police and waiting for an ambulance. They were all released with minor injuries.
    This was the second scariest moment in my life as iopened that door and he turned to look at me I was so relieved.
    Porsche definite write off as was the Peugeot. I am still surprised the guy survived his car was absolutely trashed.
  • edited November 2010
    thoughts are with your daughter hope everythings ok NLA?

Mine was driving back from my mates house in the country lane hit the bank so steerd away then tried straightening up and steering wheel locked up went the other side of the road flipped my car 3-4 times ended up upside down crawled out through broken windows luckily only a few scrapes but not hurt next day was a bit sore though!

Other time we had loads of burgularies down our road and Mum n co went away for week i couldnt sleep properly for a week

PS- well done dazzler i can imagine takes some guts that top bloke
  • Sponsored links:

• Scariest moment of my life was when I posted something on CL on a Monday morning, then set off for Italy but suddenly realised at Dover docks that I'd maybe made a spelling mistake in my post. I was fearing the worst, so at our cheap petrol stop in Luxenbourg (can be spelt 3 ways) I went on the internet...Phew! I hadnt made a spelling mistake and there was no sneering correction from Henry....now that's scary!
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]I hadnt made a spelling mistake

apostrophe?
  • well we are finally reaching the end of things now i hope, after nearly a year and a half of going in and out of the hospital system, Scarlett goes to Great |Portland street in a couple of hours to have a an operation on her left kidney, and have part of it removed and then the tube reatched, going to be a long night, the operation is quite a long one, and i must admit i am bricking walking down and handing her over to a surgeon,

needed the pick up of 3 points turesday , been a long week waiting,

good luck my princess daddy loves you
  • well we are finally reaching the end of things now i hope, after nearly a year and a half of going in and out of the hospital system, Scarlett goes to Great |Portland street in a couple of hours to have a an operation on her left kidney, and have part of it removed and then the tube reatched, going to be a long night, the operation is quite a long one, and i must admit i am bricking walking down and handing her over to a surgeon,

Can assure you that each and every poster/member on CL is with you and your family. We're thinking positively with heart felt thoughts.............. every inch of the way.
    Keep us posted nla.

• edited March 2012
    Chin up fella. My baby was recently diagnosed with a hole in the heart and a narrow pulmonary artery, which will need fixing fairly soon. I know exactly how you feel.

Can assure you that each and every poster/member on CL is with you and your family. We're thinking positively with heart felt thoughts.............. every inch of the way.
    Keep us posted nla.

Soundas has said it already. Will be thinking of you and Scarlett, Buddy

• cheers chaps

McB

god bless mate thoughts are with you must be a testing time for you all
  • I know someone who was born with only 1 kidney and never found out until they were 40. I am sure everything will be OK, and the folk at G.P.S. will look after her. Best Wishes.
  • cheers chaps

McB

god bless mate thoughts are with you must be a testing time for you all
    Thanks mate, appreciated

• All the best Dal my thoughts are with you and the family let me know how things go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Positive thoughts going out to you mate, may your angels be looking out for you and your cherub.
  • Unfortunately I have experienced a parents worse nightmare as you put it. As an old guy I have always preached that the most important things in your life are the people with whom you have loving relationships, young and old. Tell them you love them, record the precious moments, they will stay with you for the rest of your life. When my son was ill with leukaemia I saw my wife standing in the bedroom combing his hair. I had been told by a barber previously that he had a perfect neck for modelling hair styles and remembering that, I went over to him and put my hand around his neck. To this day I remember exactly how it felt, and how he looked. It has stayed with me now for forty years, and will never leave. I have been a front passenger in a car that went through the central reservation on the M6, over the side rolling over and over, and finishing upside down. That memory has no importance in my life. When faced with the horrible experience you have been through, stay calm and try to be a rock for others, good luck.
  • soundas has said it all really, stay strong

McB - thoughts are with you

• Soundas speaks for me as well and as Elthamaddick, says stay strong
  • Thinking of you and yours, NLA and McB, and wishing you every strength.

Many condolences Granpa - hope the good memories never leave you.
  • NLA all will be well I am sure of it, best of luck keep strong, we all wish your little girl a speedy recovery too xxx
  • Just caught up with this thread. Will be thinking of you and your family NLA. All the best.
  • All the best NLA.
  • Same to you McB
  • Good luck mate call me when your free.