Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life charity games (22nd May 2007) - Squads and Officials

Firstly, balancing around 55 people into squads, positions and correct standard that suit them best was not the easiest thing i've ever done, but i have tried to do a best fit. So if it turns out it wasn't ideal for you, i can only apologise and state i did the best i could. But i think it will all work out well.

Managers will be forwarded with every players positions, level of fitness etc, and the suggested line ups i think will fit best. PLEASE do not barrage your manager with whispers and requests unless they contact you first.

The squad lists are not in any order, and you will notice the squads for the first game are slightly larger than those for the 2nd. If it turns out that a player in the first game would be better suited to the second, it will give us the ability to change it. If for whatever reason, you cannot now play, PLEASE let me know ASAP.

The first game, registering at 3.45 for a 4.30 ko, will be contested by

Team 1 - Pardew's Porkers

PaulBaconSarnie (Captain)
MCS
Randy Andy
Quintessboss
Ian Sarge
Latimer
Spankie
3 Blokes
Guinness Addick
Riscardo
The Covered End
Stu of SE7
Peakey's Rocket
CAFC Maria
Medders

Manager - Alex Wright

Team 2 - Charlton Unathletic

Shag (Captain)
Les Says
Oggy Red
West Stand Singer
Carter
Valley Addick
Mascot88
Mr Weegie
Killers Beard
Jimmy Melrose
Weegie Addick
Ooh Aah Mortimer
Cheeseroll
Bibble

Manager - Large Addick

The 2nd game, with players reporting to their manager at 5pm at the home dugout for a 5.45 KO, will be contested by:

Team 3 - Junk Food Addicks

Dave Storry (Captain)
ns_eb_rj
CAFC Bourne
Eltham Addick
Spud
Carlsberg
Sco
Hillsy Up
Carling Addick
CharltonParkLane
Blackheath Addick
Reserves
Stanmore Addick

Manager - Rothko

Team 4 - Charlton Pathetic

Ketman (Captain)
AFKA Bartram
Glass Half Empty
Kigelia
Crispy CAFC
Howitzer
Righthandbackward
Cookie11
CAFC Polo
Canada Addick
TrickyRicky
Charlton Charlie

Manager - Tavern

Officials - CfW (ref match 1, linesman 2)
Spankie (ref match 2)
JohnboyUK (linesman match 1)
TBC (linesman match 1+2)

Comments

• How did i get lumbered with you AFKA?
  • [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]How did i get lumbered with you AFKA?

because you're young and doing my running.... :-)
  • which one is the rubbish game?!
  • Bit confused - thought the first game was the serious one, with the second game 'special needs'....
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Bit confused - thought the first game was the serious one, with the second game 'special needs'....

It is mate - you're semi-pro ain't ya?
  • I'll mark Maria lads
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Bit confused - thought the first game was the serious one, with the second game 'special needs'....

that was never said.

not happy with the rubbish / special needs stuff, there are a mix of peeps in both games. I think the second one is likely to be a bit quicker.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I think the second one is likely to be a bit quicker.

15 mins each way?
  • I would like to take my team to Spain for a weekend for some bonding
  • and your team would very much like to go !
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Bit confused - thought the first game was the serious one, with the second game 'special needs'....

that was never said.

not happy with the rubbish / special needs stuff, there are a mix of peeps in both games. I think the second one is likely to be a bit quicker.

Sorry, bit of crossed wires on my part then. The way I understood was all the regular/fit players in match 1, with the unfit/don't play in match 2....
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Bit confused - thought the first game was the serious one, with the second game 'special needs'....

It is mate - you're semi-pro ain't ya?

Pffffftt! Yeah course mate! I'm the next Kevin Lisbie
  • Tavern I've handed my transfer request to Rothko so i can join ya ;-)
  • Can't wait for the day, but every time I look out at the Valley pitch and see how massive it looks, the more I think I'm likely to play like Dennis!! Especially if its hot!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Tavern I've handed my transfer request to Rothko so i can join ya ;-)[/quote]
    Nice one!How much does he want for you!We dont want to get in trouble with the FA for bribes
  • tavern, are the club subsidising the flights to spain for operation shag-a-muff?
  • That is a great idea
  • T, A packet of Jaffa cakes only not sure he's asking a little too much though!!
  • [Tavern[/cite]I would like to take my team to Spain for a weekend for some bonding[/quote]

Tavern, will you be organising a "dentist chair" team building week ?
  • Rothko's booked a bevvy of page 3 stunnas for a half time massage for his team Bourne, never mind - enjoy Spain.
  • Spain and massages ? Sod that

Large has organised us a game of cricket and a jog up the A1
  • Sponsored links:

• AFKA, are we able to watch the first game?
  • [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]AFKA, are we able to watch the first game?

yes, barring the last 20 mins when we'll have to get changed.

I think its important that those in match 2 come to support those in match 1, and those in match 1 stay and support those in match 2 instead of heading straight for the bar !
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I'll mark Maria lads

Getting the impression that at this rate with the amount of people that are going to mark me in this match - I'll never get the ball!!!!

Weegie - It's me v you!! The battle of the worst!!
  • thank god we ain't got rothko managing us.

shag/large - my faith is with you.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]AFKA, are we able to watch the first game?

yes, barring the last 20 mins when we'll have to get changed.

I think its important that those in match 2 come to support those in match 1, and those in match 1 stay and support those in match 2 instead of heading straight for the bar !

What about those of us that'll be in hospital are we excused?

P.S did you get my whisper AFKA?
  • I ain't wearing a bloody armband. everyone always kicks the oppos skipper. Me thinks I have been well tucked up :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I ain't wearing a bloody armband. everyone always kicks the oppos skipper. Me thinks I have been well tucked up :-)

Very true Ketters, watch out!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]thank god we ain't got rothko managing us.

shag/large - my faith is with you.[/quote]

should we dump our manager then les?
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]thank god we ain't got rothko managing us.

shag/large - my faith is with you.

Cheers Les , I'm a bit worried though as the tabloids have been sold some snaps of a member of our team lining up about 20 pints . Makes Marcus Bent look like Graham Le Saux
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I ain't wearing a bloody armband. everyone always kicks the oppos skipper. Me thinks I have been well tucked up :-)[/quote]

i'll lend you mine mate.. i still got the Lloyds one!