Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    could be worse johnboy, try being charlton supporter :p

Worlds gone mad(football) only explanation

You have defoe, crouch & Pavulchenko surely they will get the goals with bale & VDV? done enough so far, i agree need someone similar to Darren Bent but what you got is not really that bad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]could be worse johnboy, try being charlton supporter :p

You have defoe, crouch & Pavulchenko surely they will get the goals with bale & VDV? done enough so far, i agree need someone similar to Darren Bent but what you got is not really that bad

Absolutely. Of course we cant be too down about it.

This is going to sound quite bonkers but I actually think vdV is the main problem now. Without doubt, he is one of the best footballers I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt. However, he isnt a forward...and he isnt a central midfielder either so where on earth do you play him? Harry's gone from a pretty successful 4-4-2 (which we got our success with last year) and gone to a 4-4-1-1 to accomodate him in the hole. It works to a point but its killed the goals from Defoe, Crouch and Pav. They've only got 6 league goals between them as a result.

But anyway, onwards we plod.
  • Options
    I wasn't digging out JohnBoy, ..... not only is he a decent poster, but he's AFKA's mate and I don't want to be banned.

But I was definitely giving him a leg pull.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]could be worse johnboy, try being charlton supporter :p

Absolutely. Of course we cant be too down about it.

This is going to sound quite bonkers but I actually think vdV is the main problem now. Without doubt, he is one of the best footballers I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt. However, he isnt a forward...and he isnt a central midfielder either so where on earth do you play him? Harry's gone from a pretty successful 4-4-2 (which we got our success with last year) and gone to a 4-4-1-1 to accomodate him in the hole. It works to a point but its killed the goals from Defoe, Crouch and Pav. They've only got 6 league goals between them as a result.

But anyway, onwards we plod.

I agree with that, but from what I have seen of spurs this season (obviously not as much as yourself) I feel that VDV and crouch always seem to link up quite well and that the 4-1-1 system seems to suit the champions league very well.

Although another striker would be advantagous to you lot, I dont feel that you are in desperate need of one (its definatley not worth paying way over the odds to get a striker on the last day of the transfer window like chelsea and liverpool have done). In the summer I think harry will need to strenghen and thats when you will get another striker, probably a big name with a good pedigree.

also, although you moan about Harry and Levy not getting anyone yesterday, they have worked wonders in the past getting last minute deals (vdv) etc...
  • Options
    Just text tottenham mate ' U dissapointed u didnt get Andy Carroll, bargain at £35 million PMSL' wonder what his response is

my guess is better then no striker lol
  • Options
    Ah, this must be the "Tottenham Transfer Deadline Day Thread", right?

;o)
  • Options
    It's tottinham and the fans are fickle. Biggest club in the world Everytime they lose you can't do a phone in without them moaning. When they win they are better than barca.

Should be twinned with charlton
  • Options
    Haha ...... we even moan when we win!

;o)