Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarkson - Love him or Loathe him.......

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Professional provocateur vrs a couple, whose new job it seems to be, to give tell tale interviews, without any comeback whatsoever, from those being accused. Upmarket Jeremy Kyle shite

Has Clarkson got a new book out or something?

I'm just amazed by the revelation that he can write. I thought he had people do that for him and he just read the autocue.
  • Options
    Never liked Clarkson, he’s just not my cup of tea. But it’s clearly an exaggerated comment. The cancel culture and social media pile ons are quickly going to lead us to virtually zero comedy, shock jocks etc and just plain vanilla arts, tv & radio productions, publications

Personally I think there is a huge difference between genuine and inciteful hate, and exaggerated for reaction, amusement etc 
    Of course it was an exaggerated comment, but this has nothing to do with comedy or bloody ‘cancel culture’. Jeez. 
  • Options
    Love the term 'cancel culture' when it's never been easier to shout abuse at/towards someone without any repercussions.

People might see this as Clarkson being Clarkson and of course it fits his image as someone who winds people up and refuses to apologise. Problem is there are some people reading The Sun who aren't so bright or having mental health issues that might think it's a call to arms.

• Options
    Love the term 'cancel culture' when it's never been easier to shout abuse at/towards someone without any repercussions.

People might see this as Clarkson being Clarkson and of course it fits his image as someone who winds people up and refuses to apologise. Problem is there are some people reading The Sun who aren't so bright or having mental health issues that might think it's a call to arms.

Ain't that basically what the Markle's have been doing though? Saying what they want because they know all about the Royals having to follow "protocol"

Not defending Clarkson btw
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Ain't that basically what the Markle's have been doing though? Saying what they want because they know all about the Royals having to follow "protocol"

Probably outweighed by the amount of nutters that legit want them harmed.

And then the media rags running hit piece after hit piece. 

It's not half a dozen of one, it's one side significantly outweighing two people in terms of amount of abuse. 
  • Options
    This is all a very welcome distraction at the moment for some.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Probably outweighed by the amount of nutters that legit want them harmed.

And then the media rags running hit piece after hit piece. 

It's not half a dozen of one, it's one side significantly outweighing two people in terms of amount of abuse. 
    Reckon they were fully aware of what was gonna happen once they started with their shenanigans.

The whole thing was contrived from the start imo
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Chizz said:

Upon thinking about this ,this afternoon.
    You give him  audience he wants Chizz.
    If this doesn't get posted on here I'm sure a few of us wouldn't be talking about him, I know I wouldn't be.

On reflection, you're probably right. I've fallen for the trap and I should have known better. After all, it's obvious: if a journalist wants to stir up debate on Charlton Life, all he has to do is soil himself in a Murdoch newspaper. 

It's known as Rod Littling. 

I shouldn't have posted that quote on here. That would've shown him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She's a fucking wrongun!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    cabbles said:

I don’t think what they are doing with regards to the Netflix doc is called for,, 
    So in their shoes what would you to to counter all the vitriol that’s appeared in the Mail, The Sun and other tabloids then? If you don’t counter it then people will only think it’s because it’s all true. And in their position it does matter. 
    I applaud them for their stance, as did Caroline Flack’s mum on LBC today. As Harry said, if they can’t attempt to fight back, how can anyone without their means hope to do so.
    The press get away with sh1t. I’ve personally witnessed them making up stories during their vendetta against Diana. Scum of the earth, don’t believe a word they say. 
    Rant over. 
    Them doing a doc is going to do nothing to change the opinion of the unwashed masses and imo, it’s probably going to do them more harm than good.  Those of a reasonable level of intellect aren’t influenced by what they see in the tabloid press.  Those that are, are so thick or full of hatred that they’re simply not worth caring about what their thoughts are.

I agree with their feelings about the media and they’re perfectly within their right to make a stance, I just don’t see how it helps.  We live in a cesspit of society when it comes to the tabloid media and how they stir things up.  I think if they had just decided to leave and go about their lives independently of the royal family in LA, without making a doc, that would’ve been just as much a stance.  
  • Options
    Disgusting narrative, even if he was referring to the Game of Thrones scene and it was his attempt at humour.
    Mind you he's rude/offensive to nearly everyone, so at least Meghan should take solace knowing that. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Lectured by Millwall fans on what’s racist and what isn’t. Couldn’t make it up. 
    Ever go Charlton in the 70s/80s?
    90s/00s/10s/20s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You could if you wanted to while wilfully ignoring the Charlton fans who were imprisoned for for singing songs that celebrated the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Clarkson’s a complete bell end, and I hate his politics, but he does make entertaining TV, in my opinion. 

The whole M&H saga I couldn’t care less about, equally the royal family general. None of it has any relevance to my life. 

It’s all self feeding though. M&H, or other similar characters, do something for Clarkson, Morgan etc. to get faux outraged about, in turn M&H can get all offended by the outrage, which fuels more outrage. 

Only way to kill it is to ignore it, and definitely don’t click on the links, or write any tweets about it. Sadly it’s a shitty phase western humanity is in. Hopefully it’ll pass once the climate wars start and we have something genuine to worry about. 
  • Options
    I like most of his TV but this comment was plain old vile - He must have been aware of the likely reaction and his apology makes it sound as if he was surprised.

Still France lost on penalties 😂 😂 😂 😂!
  • Options
    She's a fucking wrongun!
    Oh apologies, I didn’t know you’d met her. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cabbles said:

I don’t think what they are doing with regards to the Netflix doc is called for,, 
    So in their shoes what would you to to counter all the vitriol that’s appeared in the Mail, The Sun and other tabloids then? If you don’t counter it then people will only think it’s because it’s all true. And in their position it does matter. 
    I applaud them for their stance, as did Caroline Flack’s mum on LBC today. As Harry said, if they can’t attempt to fight back, how can anyone without their means hope to do so.
    The press get away with sh1t. I’ve personally witnessed them making up stories during their vendetta against Diana. Scum of the earth, don’t believe a word they say. 
    Rant over. 
    Them doing a doc is going to do nothing to change the opinion of the unwashed masses and imo, it’s probably going to do them more harm than good.  Those of a reasonable level of intellect aren’t influenced by what they see in the tabloid press.  Those that are, are so thick or full of hatred that they’re simply not worth caring about what their thoughts are.

I agree with their feelings about the media and they’re perfectly within their right to make a stance, I just don’t see how it helps.  We live in a cesspit of society when it comes to the tabloid media and how they stir things up.  I think if they had just decided to leave and go about their lives independently of the royal family in LA, without making a doc, that would’ve been just as much a stance.  
    It helps because it sets the record straight. Because of who he is, it has to be done. No one remembers silence. 
    But I agree, some people who’ve made up their minds already won’t change them now, but it doesn’t really matter.
  • Options
    Not sure what would be funnier 

Clarkson or M&H buying Charlton. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Or just giving their side of the story. It's not like the British press is giving them much of an opportunity to defend themselves.

I have the same conclusion I had before I watched the Netflix series. I don't know them and I don't know any other Royal (pretty sure that Andrew fella is a bit dodgy though) so I don't know what they are really like as people. I'm not going to draw my conclusions from the Mail or The Sun. 

The hate is way overboard, it's depressing and frightening. 

Completely irrelevant whether the British press are giving them an opportunity imo. Although, we don't actually know that is the case, as it seems they’ve just chosen to go to the highest bidder to get maximum exposure, and that happens to be in the State side. Just looking at the trailers for the interviews, you can see how stage managed it all is. Reckon it was completely contrived from the start on her part.

Echo your point regarding the hate though. The British Royals have suffered it for years, and she's basically adding to it while going unchallenged for the moment.
  • Options

Imagine Clarkson goes on talking pints with nigel farage while wearing a viglen away kit Charlton shirt!

Stranger things have happened 

Harry and meg would use the Charlton brand to moan more on another documentary 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Imagine Clarkson goes on talking pints with nigel farage while wearing a viglen away kit Charlton shirt!

Stranger things have happened 

Harry and meg would use the Charlton brand to moan more on another documentary 
    I don't think Harry is ever likely to be a Charlton fan... 

• Options
    Redskin said:
    You could if you wanted to while wilfully ignoring the Charlton fans who were imprisoned for for singing songs that celebrated the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
    And now back at games