Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarkson - Love him or Loathe him.......

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    A shitty thing to write but my god, the outrage. 

It says everything about where we’re at.

If only we held the energy companies fleecing us to account like this, or kicked off as much about the way the NHS is being run into the ground and nurses paid peanuts.

The stuff that matters and could cripple our lives we suck up and carry on. 

A mega rich journalist versus a mega rich ex royal. Honestly, who cares. 

Spot on mate. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Stig said:
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    I have never seen Game of Thrones, but still pictures show Dragons and mystic sort of stuff.
    The dreaming up of magical creatures and the like seems to be the stuff of writers who have run out of plausible ideas, so they invent any old crap as a plot get out device.
    So Clarkson justifies his Rose West piece by alluding to some crap TV show that not many of us have watched, in my case because it looks like vapid crap and because Michael Gove praised it.

Circulation of The Sun: 1.3m 
    Viewing figures of Game of Thrones, Season 8: 46m 

Game of Thrones is the most-watched TV series in the world, ever.  Worldwide, it currently ranks fourth in the most watched shows this year, higher than Disney's latest Star Wars offering, despite no episodes having been produced since 2019.  

You may not like it.  You may not have seen it.  (Although these two Venn diagrams shouldn't intersect).  But you can't argue that not many people have seen it.  
    Not sure how that's measured, but I'm sceptical. Are we really saying more people have watched an episode of that than have watched Coronation Street? OK, maybe they have world wide, but not in the UK, no way. What about Dallas, Neighbours, Peyton Place, Sgt Bilko, I Love Lucy, Only Fools and Horses, The Morecambe and Wise Christmas Specials, Jeux Sans Frontiers, Top Gear, Pets Win Prizes...? Are we really saying that GOT is more watched than any of those have been. I'd like to know the methodology behind your claim. But even if we are saying it's the most watched, that doesn't necessarily vouch for its quality and probably says more about the global reach of modern media corps (Netflix?) than anything about the nature of the programme itself (and lets be honest, a lot of those progs I just listed were crap themselves).
    I was right to be sceptical. The answer is Baywatch with 1.1 billion viewers across 142 countries, which was enough to rocket David Hasselhoff to superstardom in Panto in Southend  ;)

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/66933-largest-tv-audience-series  
  • Options

Columnists’ opinions are their own, but as a publisher, we realise that with free expression comes responsibility.

We at The Sun regret the publication of this article and we are sincerely sorry.

The article has been removed from our website and archives.