Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Famous people you've seen in a cafe

Just having a Large Set Breakfast in Jim's Cafe, New Eltham and in walks Bob Bolder.

In full Charlton Tracksuit.

You can't get better than that eh.

(Jim's Cafe was always my 2nd fave behind the sadly closed Frank's Cafe, near the Blackwall Flyover)

Comments

• Sat at the table next to Jo Brand in a curry house in the old kent road about 18 years ago
  • Get anywhere DM?
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Get anywhere DM?

You make me sick!
  • I sat opposite Paul Merton a train once.
  • Isn't she a Palace fan?
  • That was what made him pause first.
  • Had a fiddle with her biryhanni!
  • I lived next door to the aforementioned Franks Cafe - Jools Holland was a regular & I remember coming out of my house one moring to find him & Martin Clunes sitting on my front wall making separate mobile phone calls
  • Mad Frankie Fraser was eating in Costello's near elephant & castle when we were in there. Best italian in london.
  • I have never been so sad when Frank's Cafe went.

You'd buy the same meal and be charged a different oddball price for it like £2.17, £2.33, £2.24.

Quality of the food was great too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Alan Davis in the ( now sadly defunct) Piccadilly Cafe.

Very drunk but not trying to bite of a vagrants ear, this time.....
  • edited December 2007
    us too falconwood - really nice people & replaced by an illegal immigrant run Chinese restaurant, which got closed down by the Health Inspectors with the owner deported
  • I went with the Missus to Australia in 1999 for 3 weeks.

Got home after the flight, literally chucked out cases indoors, bombed down the A2 and was in the Cafe 10 mins later having a full English (with Bubble), just to remind me what food I'd been missing.

Sad but true.
  • Pardew had breakfast in the Valley cafe last season. my mate was in there (not a charlton fan) and pardew came over and asked if he minded sharing his table with him... he said it was bizarre as he said he didnt mind but tried to carry on eating his breafast while the table was surrounded with people and their mobile phones taking pictures.
  • I had a call from a mate of mine (I missed the call but it went to answer machine) saying he was in cafe near Tottenham court Road and Roy Ayres was having a full english in there. Next minute Roy Ayres is saying hello to my answerphone ... Everybody does indeed love the sunshine
  • "I had a call from a mate of mine (I missed the call but it went to answer machine) saying he was in cafe near Tottenham court Road and Roy Ayres was having a full english in there. Next minute Roy Ayres is saying hello to my answerphone ... Everybody does indeed love the sunshine"

Met him a couple of times at Ronnie Scotts. Top bloke and top performer.
  • Get anyw... maybe not...
  • Can't imagine Curbishley in a Cafe.

He would probably say the Cafe Staff weren't appreciating him enough. . . .
  • sco if you know DM you know when pissed and eatin a curry nothing stops him.
  • Edwina?
  • Sponsored links:

• not so much a cafe but sat on next table to Trevor McDonald in Isolabella's in Red Lion St a few weeks ago. He was sat there with 2 absolute sorts as well.
  • Daley Thompson is a regular in Starbucks Wandsworth.
  • Been eating in the Tudor Cafe Footscray for the last 3 weeks and sure that Scary Mary has been in there on more than one occasion. Oh and the bearded one that shouts "There she blows" was with her....
  • When I worked in Belsize Park I always used to see Bill Oddie in the local cafe. Also saw Badiel & Skinner and Esther Ranson in there from time to time.

Was in a cafe in West End last night and Charles Dance was on the table next to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Been eating in the Tudor Cafe Footscray for the last 3 weeks and sure that Scary Mary has been in there on more than one occasion. Oh and the bearded one that shouts "There she blows" was with her....[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_182594][ul][div]ScaryMary.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

me n my mrs have got this joke that i look like the one with the beard and she looks like the other one!! lol
  • Kevin Rowland(Dexy's)in a cafe near the lanes in brighton.
  • Bumped into Karl Howman in the cafe at Faro airport a few months back.
    Saw Bernard Hill in the cafe at LA airport once
    Not a cafe, but sat opposite Ken Stott in The Barca at Waterloo about ten years ago.
  • Lunchtime in the Laughing Buddha restaurant in Bexleyheath a few years back and Clive Mendonca came in with his wife - top bloke.
  • Eating in Cafes.....how nostalgic :o(
  • Was in a resturant one christmas and Frank Mctinlock was in there with his Mrs

Was in Boots Marylebone High St and Tim Westwood buying Durex and creams for a STD