Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous people you've seen in a cafe

Comments

• Options
    Lookout: the words "interesting" and "Steven Segal" are normally never used in the same sentence - particularly with reference to any of his films.
  • Options
    my dad chatted to sonny liston in the office he worked in la in the sixties,never got to ask him if took a fall for the ali fight,dad said he was more intrested in the bird working there.
    been in the ring with a future european champ and met loads of boxers such as duke mckenzie in holland and erol christie and the barcelona team there to,but meeting carl leaburn at a eltham boxing show surpasses them all.
  • Options
    Roy Ayres in a Cafe in Tottenham Court Road
  • Options
    Rosa Mota in a restaurant in Portugal last year. (If you can't remember who she is, try saying her name in a Brendon Foster accent).

However, on the way out of the restaurant I saw a poster for a charity event at the same restaurant the following week, where the special guest was going to be one Jorge Costa.
  • Options
    Omar Sharif in a curry house in Cairo and Mark Ramprakash in a chinese in Hampton spring to mind.

Got pissed with Jasper Carrott, Frank Carson (great geezer) and John Conteh at dinner after a corporate golf day few years back.
  • Options
    Got ratted with Frank Lampard (Senior) in a pub/restaurant near Fleet Street.
  • Options
    Richard Bacon in the top-floor cafe in Harrods.
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson in Bluewater Nando's
  • Options
    the entire Charlton players and management team about 5 years ago, terminal 4 at heathrow in a dirty food place there, about 6 o'clock in the morning.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    James Whale in some cafe in London. I didn't know who he was but my friend pointed him out.

Anneka Rice sitting next to us on a sea wall at Seaview, Isle of Wight, whilst I was drinking coffee outside a pub with my Dad. She's got a holiday home near where he lives. He reckons that her bum is still as lovely as when she was jumping out of helicopters wearing a jumpsuit!

Sat opposite Brian Blessed on a train into Waterloo - we were both drinking coffee at the time so it might count!
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]A couple of minutes later a bright yellow open top Mercedes pulled up and guess who hopped out...?

Only the King of Bleedin' Spain!!!

My Dad drove him and numerous other celebs around when he was still driving coaches on the Isle of Wight. There were loads there for some Americas Cup thing and he drove them from Cowes to Osbourne House.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had dinner with Davor Suker at Tottenham and had dinner with Teddy Sherringham at Stringfellows. Suker was a nice bloke not so keen on Teddy though bit of a P***k
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Roy Ayres in a Cafe in Tottenham Court Road

More like Pam Ayres on a telly about 30 years ago.

;o0
  • Options
    Pete Townsend was sat at the table next to me in a restaurant on Tues lunch in Soho and Keiron Richardson was at the table next to me in Pizza Express, Bromley, back in the summer. I sat next to John Hannah in the Ivy Club a few weeks back and when I looked around it seemed that every other person was famous...so, none of these were in a cafe, but we appear to have moved on a bit..
  • Options
    Nothing to do with cafes, but I never pass up an opportunity to tell people that the bird from 2Unlimited (Anita Doth) sucked me off in a primary school toilet many moons ago.
  • Options
    As regards Attila (John Baine), it's probably pushing things to call him a celebrity, but I have indeed seen him in many cafes. And many other places. But then I know the guy. Don't know if anyone else noticed at the Brighton v Charlton game the half-time plug over their tannoy for their upcoming Help For Heroes game was done by someone else. Attila is their regular DJ/stadium announcer, and he did everything else, but a difference voice done that plug. I asked him about it the next day and he said he refused to plug it. I know his behaviour will probably irk some of them who debated H4H on here, but personally I think (regardless of what you think of his politics) it's good that he's stuck with his principles for his whole life. I'd far rather that than some Tarquin who's a vegetarian eco-warrior for a couple of years as a student, then turns into a right-wing corporate by the age of 30.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Nothing to do with cafes, but I never pass up an opportunity to tell people that the bird from 2Unlimited (Anita Doth) sucked me off in a primary school toilet many moons ago.

U went Primary School in Holland?
  • Options
    Maggie.

She's pretty famous and defo seen in a cafe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Nothing to do with cafes, but I never pass up an opportunity to tell people that the bird from 2Unlimited (Anita Doth) sucked me off in a primary school toilet many moons ago.

U went Primary School in Holland?

Well floyd ? - are you Dutch ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]As regards Attila (John Baine), it's probably pushing things to call him a celebrity, but I have indeed seen him in many cafes. And many other places. But then I know the guy. Don't know if anyone else noticed at the Brighton v Charlton game the half-time plug over their tannoy for their upcoming Help For Heroes game was done by someone else. Attila is their regular DJ/stadium announcer, and he did everything else, but a difference voice done that plug. I asked him about it the next day and he said he refused to plug it. I know his behaviour will probably irk some of them who debated H4H on here, but personally I think (regardless of what you think of his politics) it's good that he's stuck with his principles for his whole life. I'd far rather that than some Tarquin who's a vegetarian eco-warrior for a couple of years as a student, then turns into a right-wing corporate by the age of 30.

I've met him twice - once above when he was Steven Wells and then in Germany when he played a gig in a pub called the Walfisch in Freiburg around five years ago. Annoyingly the pub was just over the road from where I used to live and I'd just moved to the other side of town.

I once saw the Leningrad Cowboys drinking in there after a gig.
  • Options
    No I'm not Dutch. The primary school was in London (off Caledonian Road) and was being rented out as a TV/film studio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Kings Diner in Blackfen at the table opposite was Mark Bosnich wearing a dress.
  • Options
    Oliver Reed in cafe (with very well stocked bar) in Guernsey
    Cassandra (Only Fools and Horses) in curry house in Bexhill
  • Options
    Victor Meldew at Carluccio's
    Tim Roth in some restaurant in New York
    Graham Norton at The Oxo Tower
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gary Nelson and John Robinson at Clackett Lane on their way home to Brighton after a morning's training. Each had a (large) snack comprising stuff the dietician would ban instantly!Seemed pleased someone recognised them.
  • Options
    Had lunch with Lennox Lewis.
  • Options
    terry venables sat next to my father and i at a local indian restaurant in Kent back in 2004. we got a great picture and tossed back a few pints! Also in Chicago, i sat next to Gary Neville at the England vs USA friendly in Chicago about 4 years ago.
  • Options
    Oh yea,

i also have had lunch multiple times with Charlton Legend Sasa Llic.
  • Options
    Speaking of Terry Vegetables I accidentally cut him when driving to Heathrow Airport when he was England manager. Somehow I managed to get in the wrong lane coming off the M4 slip road and had to do an illegal u-turn in a side street which I would have gotten away it but for him driving along at the wrong moment, as he ground to a halt he stopped and stared at me, shook his head at my driving, muttered something and drove off with me doing the hand held up thing to apologise and saying "sorry Tel".
  • Options
    And he didn't even try to sell you a new (second hand) motor? Amazing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Pete Townsend was sat at the table next to me in a restaurant on Tues lunch in Soho

"Pete, where's the book?"