Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous people you've seen in a cafe

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]was sitting next to David Sullivan at a Alexander O'neal concert last month. Oh and i've seen Jonjo shelvey in the cafe near me ;-)

I was in a Cafe in Harold Hill today. No sight of anyone famous or even Uncle : - )

What one mate ? Was it in petersfield avenue

Think is was Gregg's in a parade of shops off Chippenham Road. In the middle of an big estate. Was early for a meeting.
  • Options
    Going off topic a little, but had a hairy bit of bacon once, in Franks cafe. Sorry, never rated the place.
    Whilst I'm at it, after reading about Tim Westwood, can't help but think 'what a tosser'.
    Bloody Timothy coming across all hardened Jamacan.
    Bet his parents must be proud.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]but had a hairy bit of bacon once

Is that different from a hairy piece of pork .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]was sitting next to David Sullivan at a Alexander O'neal concert last month. Oh and i've seen Jonjo shelvey in the cafe near me ;-)

I was in a Cafe in Harold Hill today. No sight of anyone famous or even Uncle : - )

What one mate ? Was it in petersfield avenue

Think is was Gregg's in a parade of shops off Chippenham Road. In the middle of an big estate. Was early for a meeting.

Oh my god you were at hildene lol. You wont see anyone over there but drug dealers and tramps. Its the pits of the earth were your wheels still on your car when you got back . Next time you've got to go over that way give me a shout
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    me and a couple of pals bumped into steve strange years ago in a cafe sort of bar turn ,wot a weird odd f----r he was hence the name strange .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]me and a couple of pals bumped into steve strange years ago in a cafe sort of bar turn ,wot a weird odd f----r he was hence the name strange .

Not as strange as the people henry must have bumped into at that cafe lol
  • Options
    I didn't want to say Uncle in case you were related to any of them but it is one rough old place. So unlike wonderful South London ; - )

Will give you a shout when I go back. Hoping from some more work there so might be there a lot.
  • Options
    Do they need any carpets (Sir) Henry ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Do they need any carpets (Sir) Henry ?

They need a lot more than carpets
  • Options
    But I will not have lived until I get to work with Cameron Diaz - then I'm retiring to be her husband/sex slave/gimp![/quote]
    No doubt the pass their time away telling everyone that they know you.[/quote]

No mate, they take their advance monies, smile politely, do a bit of a PR, get paid royalties and carry on living their own lives. I was just answering the question! In fact, most of them were all very pleasant, barring Simon Jordan who was just Simon Jordan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I saw Rick Waller in the pick n' mix at Bluewater cinema before, got knows what his bag must have weighed!

That's a bit harsh mate, she's probably quite nice when you get to know her.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]But I will not have lived until I get to work with Cameron Diaz - then I'm retiring to be her husband/sex slave/gimp!No doubt the pass their time away telling everyone that they know you.

No mate, they take their advance monies, smile politely, do a bit of a PR, get paid royalties and carry on living their own lives. I was just answering the question! In fact, most of them were all very pleasant, barring Simon Jordan who was just Simon Jordan![/quote][/quote]

er you didnt answer the question . well your lunches may have been in the cafe but "An interesting phone conversation with Stephen Seagal, 3 DVDs with The Chuckle Brothers, The green room with Ian Wright, Spoony and Tess Daly" is not answering the question. its just name dropping.
  • Options
    Have met Ewan McGregor in a cafe and a restuarant, former in West End, latter in Glasgow (and in quite close a time frame - wasn't stalking - me - I hope!).
    Not in a cafe, but have had the pleasure of meeting or chatting to Amy Winehouse, Hayden Panettiere, Michelle Ryan, Edward James Olmos, Helen Slater, Sir Paul McCartney, Sharleen Spiteri, Gary Lineker, George Lucas, Will Young, Gary Barlow and Alan Carr (who is quite funny when p*ssed up). All bar none, very nice people and Sir Paul McCartney was amazingly down to earth for a man who has had World fame for most of his life.
  • Options
    I shook hands with Erik Zabel once...

And sat next to Michael Caine at dinner in his restaurant (in Miami).
  • Options
    Henry its the pits of the earth honestly mate your lucky you still had wheels on your car. I know most of them but gladly not related to any of them. I'll whisper you my number and you can call next time your over there.
  • Options
    Sat on table in Langans Brass next to George Best and Alex blonde bird just as he'd started going out with her.
    Saw Roger Daltry in Cecconi's , he needed to borrow a jacket. Adam Faith in San Lorenzoes and Paul McCartney in Richoux, St Johns Wood - which is a posh cafe. Have breakfast there before going to Lords.
    Also saw the majority of the Gavin & Stacey cast in the Radisson Hotel Cardiff during the 1st Ashes Test last summer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

And sat next to Michael Caine at dinner in his restaurant (in Miami).

Yeah we know, you already told us.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think you should change the title of this thread.

Famous people you've seen in a cafe
  • Options
    Jack Charlton stayed over at my house about 10 years ago. He was doing an after dinner talk my dad had organised in beckenham and we put him up for the night. Very bizarre being sat in your living room with a world cup winner, even as an 11 year old.
  • Options
    lennie lawrence at the next table to me, in a restaurant ( i know not a cafe but ) i think it was in chislehurst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One evening I discussed that night's football results with the late, great Seething Wells. He then disappeared off to the bar with the equally great and fortunately still with us John Baine - a Brighton fan.
  • Options
    A couple of years ago me and the missus were on holiday in Lanzarote and we went for a meal in the rather upmarket restaurant, Meson La Jordana in Coste Teguise...

We were happily tucking into a few plates of some rather delicious tapas when suddenly the old bill turned up big style...

All the waiters started jumping about like frightened rabbits and began setting up a table with some rather plush tableware...

A couple of minutes later a bright yellow open top Mercedes pulled up and guess who hopped out...?

Only the King of Bleedin' Spain!!!

Apparently he's got a massive holiday caravan in Coste Teguise somewhere...

My mobile phone was on the table and I was itching to take a picture but I wasn't gonna take the risk of get a belly full of 9mm from his rather intimidating looking body guards...

He must have been hungry as he wolfed his nosh down and as he left he smiled and nodded to us...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]One evening I discussed that night's football results with the late, great Seething Wells. He then disappeared off to the bar with the equally great and fortunately still with us John Baine - a Brighton fan.

John Baine aka Attila The Stockbroker...
  • Options
    Wow, Ashley Giles !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]One evening I discussed that night's football results with the late, great Seething Wells. He then disappeared off to the bar with the equally great and fortunately still with us John Baine - a Brighton fan.

Ever seen Michael Caine?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Wow, Ashley Giles !!

Weelie Bin!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Ever seen Michael Caine?

John Baine is rhyming slang for Michael Caine

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Ever seen Michael Caine?

John Baine is rhyming slang for Michael Caine

Woooooosssshhhhhh!!!!

:-)
  • Options
    Ashley Giles;
    "The King of Spain".
  • Options
    I forgot about Paul McCartney. When we were kids about 17, my GF of the time was nuts on him and was desperate to meet him.

At the time, early 70s, he had a lovely old 19th century house in Cavendish Avenue, St Johns Wood.
    We hung around outside his front gate, the GF hoping to get an autograph.

Just as I was getting bored and fidgety, a big white van drew up - and out hopped Denny Laine, with Paul McCartney and his lovely old English sheepdog Martha (the 'Martha my dear' song on the Beatles double white album was written about her).

Paul McCartney was brilliant ....... he stood chatting with us for about 10 mins, let me take a couple of photos of him and my GF, then he hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.

She was walking on air all the way back to the tube station.