Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous people you've seen in a cafe

Comments

• Options
    Had a meal in the now defunct Pharmacy restaurant up town a few years ago with the missus. Found ourselves at the next table to Jack Nicholson & his wife. Lovely guy, very friendly.
  • Options
    Now the thread has moved on from cafes to restaurants, I can add that I saw Michael Douglas and Cathering Zeta-Jones in a restaurant in Fife a couple of years ago - he was playing in the Dunhill golf, and was wearing a glaring lime green jacket. CZJ on the other hand looked stunning in black velvet and pearls.
  • Options
    Was in a pub in shoreditch about 6 months ago....saw the bald one from masterchef in there..... saw Jim Davidson leaving the valley after 2-1 southampton when we finished 7th... he wound down the window and said' good day boys' .... probably doesnt reall count... Saw ruud gullit in brighton after a very messy night 10years back....
  • Options
    I had dinner in Michael Caine's restaurant in Miami once and he was sat at the next table - I had great fun telling the waitresses that his real name was Maurice Micklewhite and not Michael Caine.

In case you were wondering the restaurant was nice, very art decoish, but the food and wine was overpriced.
  • Options
    I saw Ruud Gullit in a restaurant in Amsterdam on the Monday after he was sacked by Chelsea at the weekend. I was working in Amsterdam at the time, but had been back in London at the weekend and had seen him constantly on the telly. I wished him all the best for the future in my best Dutch - much to the absolute horror of my Dutch work mates - it was not the done thing there to acknowledge the presence of a celebrity! He didn't seem to mind though!!
  • Options
    OK neither cafe nor restaurant but I saw Frank Lampard once at an airport.....BOOO!!!! I tried to hit him with my duty free voddie but Mr Golightly held me back.
  • Options
    Met Adam Faith in MacDonalds in Victoria about 15 years ago after seeing starlight Express.
  • Options
    Saw Alex Zane (bloke from T4) in a pub up Islington the other week looked like he was off his nut then saw Rory McGrath about 10 minutes later.
  • Options
    took the wife to a romantic, off the beaten track trattoria on the island of Capri a couple of years back

just as the starters arrived, the empty table next to us was taken by a load of braying toffs, in the middle of which was David Mellor

kinda spoilt the ambience
  • Options
    Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on elm street movies) was on the next table to mine in a restaurant in Majorca this summer. Only twigged it was him as he was leaving. Was one of those, 'where do I know him from?' moments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2007
    There are many sightings of Rick Waller around the eatieres of the Medway towns. I myself have encountered him taking up an entire bench in Sue's cafe in Gillingham.

Does anyone remember the series club reps?

One of the two sluts who worked their way through about 45 blokes each in Faliraki used to work at Ray's Diner near Bluebell Hill. She called herself Vanessa in the programme but is called Becky and to link these two up once she came back to the country she and Rick Waller got it on!! Medways own reality TV posh & Becks!!
  • Options
    I saw Rick Waller in the pick n' mix at Bluewater cinema before, got knows what his bag must have weighed!
  • Options
    I know this is not a cafe or a resturaunt but I woke up this morning and found Sienna Miller lying next to me in bed ;o)
  • Options
    She is not Famous & I did not see her in a Cafe, but I did see Kerry Katona at Rodmersham Squash club yesterday when I went to the gym. I believe she is in the Bourne this week doing some sort of Fat Club week. Going back again tonight to see if she is serving up, anyone have any orders ? :-)
  • Options
    Stephen Merchant (lanky one from the office) and Antony Stewart Head (Giles in Buffy/Gold Blend Man) in Cafe Neros in Bath, both seen at the same time at separate tables.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Saw Heather Trott in the Laughing Buddha about 3 sundays ago (Shock!).

My main claim to fame is having a telephone conversation with Johnny Depp about a year ago.

Oh, and the stripper i had in Brighton was on that Paddy McGuiness dating show the other week! ;-)
  • Options
    Not in a cafe, but sat across from Terry Waite on the 422 bus from N.Greenwich a few weeks ago. Not sure where he was going.. He's a massive bloke. My brother-in-law is 6' 5", and Waite looked taller...
  • Options
    I met Jerome Thomas in Mcdonalds before a game once, he wasnt playing that day as he was injured.
  • Options
    I saw Francis Jeffers in the Venue ;-)
  • Options
    I spoke to Keith Peacock in the station buffet at Coventry in 1968.

Does that count ....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan in his own bar, discussing his film
    Gary Lineker and I had lunch discussing his football funnies' DVD he did with me
    Drinks with Ricky Hatton and his family along with Wayne and Colleen Rooney in Vegas after the Castillo fight
    Lunch with Nell McAndrew
    An interesting phone conversation with Stephen Seagal
    3 DVDs with The Chuckle Brothers
    The green room with Ian Wright, Spoony and Tess Daly

Did I just drop some names?... ;-)

But I will not have lived until I get to work with Cameron Diaz - then I'm retiring to be her husband/sex slave/gimp!
  • Options
    Met fearne cotton in a cafe in New Cavendish street before Xmas.
  • Options
    Ian Beale
  • Options
    Andrew Ridgely of Wham! drank my coffee in my office when I worked at Victoria railway station in London.

His Mum had rang me and told me Andrew had just had a nose operation and was there anywhere secure where he wouldn't get mobbed by excited girlies. So I met him off the train and brought him into my office.

Lady Di's mum was an arrogant arseh*le the way she tried ordering me about. I wasn't having that. And told her so.

Anneka Rice got changed in my office - and then drove a Formula 1 racing car down platform 1 at Victoria station.

When his chauffeur failed to find him off an incoming train, I had to go out and search for Sir Harold MacMillan, the old Tory Prime Minister who was by then known as Earl of Stockton, when he was almost 90. Found him on a station bench in conversation with scruffy winos, who were sharing cider around.

Then there were the two Sun page 3 girls who stripped off in my office and changed into bikinis. They weren't shy! One was Corinne Russell, if anyone remembers her from the early 80s. Their party trick was to jump out of a giant birthday cake on Platform 13 at Victoria ..... to celebrate the first anniversary of the Gatwick Express.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Jordan in his own bar, discussing his film
    Gary Lineker and I had lunch discussing his football funnies' DVD he did with me
    Drinks with Ricky Hatton and his family along with Wayne and Colleen Rooney in Vegas after the Castillo fight
    Lunch with Nell McAndrew
    An interesting phone conversation with Stephen Seagal
    3 DVDs with The Chuckle Brothers
    The green room with Ian Wright, Spoony and Tess Daly

Did I just drop some names?... ;-)

But I will not have lived until I get to work with Cameron Diaz - then I'm retiring to be her husband/sex slave/gimp!
    No doubt the pass their time away telling everyone that they know you.
  • Options
    was sitting next to David Sullivan at a Alexander O'neal concert last month. Oh and i've seen Jonjo shelvey in the cafe near me ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]was sitting next to David Sullivan at a Alexander O'neal concert last month. Oh and i've seen Jonjo shelvey in the cafe near me ;-)

I was in a Cafe in Harold Hill today. No sight of anyone famous or even Uncle : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]was sitting next to David Sullivan at a Alexander O'neal concert last month. Oh and i've seen Jonjo shelvey in the cafe near me ;-)

I was in a Cafe in Harold Hill today. No sight of anyone famous or even Uncle : - )

What one mate ? Was it in petersfield avenue
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]An interesting phone conversation with Stephen Seagal

Wait till nolly and Off_it read this!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh and i've seen Jonjo shelvey in the cafe near me ;-)

LOL

Quality, Uncle. Quality!!