Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous people you've seen in a cafe

1235»

Comments

• Options
    bob hoskins in the ivy... not a cafe.

since all others are not relevant to eating in a cafe... bill clinton when drinking in a bar in hong kong. shook hands and a quick chat.
  • Options
    Am going to The Ivy for my 40th in March, not a patch on Jims Cafe though...
  • Options
    I shared a pot of tea with Enoch Powell on the train. I was coming back from Bath and he got on at Swindon and wanted to sit at one of the small tables in 1st class.

Pleasant enough but had really piercing eyes and a face like a predator.
  • Options
    Sat next to Nelson Mandela in the Manor Cafe Lee about seven years ago, he had two sunny side up, and bubble, plus tea no sugar.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]bob hoskins in the ivy... not a cafe.

since all others are not relevant to eating in a cafe... bill clinton when drinking in a bar in hong kong. shook hands and a quick chat.[/quote]

That's the best so far by a mile.

A quick chat, eh? Is that what they call it in Hong Kong!!!

Just reading a great biography on Bill Clinton, apparently he told religious friends in Arkansas who were worried about his philandering that he was not actually doing anything wrong in the eyes of God!

Why? Because Bill insisted that oral sex did not constitute sexual intercourse in biblical terms and could therefore be filed under the "foolin' around" category rather than anything more serious.

Hence, the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky...."
  • Options
    Saw Deon Burton (I think) in the afro barbers (Kem's Clips) on the way into Lewisham this afternoon.
  • Options
    Gregg Wallace from Masterchef.
  • Options
    Don't remember seeing anyone in a Cafe.

Frank Bruno, Gavin Peacock & Peter Shilton - Butlins (Minehead)

Valentines Day last season just before our game against Plymouth ?, In Greenwich Park with few friends just little kick around, this dog chased the ball It's owner turned out to be Christian from Eastenders.

World Freerun Championships was presented by Dave Berry got backstage for a bit, so just random hello to him and Diversity also.

Bob Bolder doesn't feel famous to me in the sense I grew up seeing him on a regular basis he coached me at School, and he lives pretty much 10 minutes from me He is still representing Charlton's Community Scheme coaching all across Thanet quite a long time now.
  • Options
    Shared a table and had lunch with Steffi Graf at Wimbledon, when I was covering the tournament.

Also had dinner with Eusebio, Tony Simoes, Carlos Quiroz and Toni before the Portugal - Ireland match at Tia Matilda's in Lisbon. We were a party of 8. The President of Portugal showed up in a party of 8. There was only one private dining room, that sat 8. Eusebio outranked the President that evening.

But for the this thread ... in 1976 my family and I were on our way to Philadelphia to look at colleges. We stopped on the New Jersey Turnpike at a dinner/road stop. I went to use the men's room, and at the urinal next to me was John Travolta. He was a TV star at the time (playing Vinny Barbarino on "Welcome Back Kotter").
    He was wearing a tuxedo, and got into a limo. It was in the morning, but he looked like he had been out all night. Probably before he found Scientology.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]bob hoskins in the ivy... not a cafe.

since all others are not relevant to eating in a cafe... bill clinton when drinking in a bar in hong kong. shook hands and a quick chat.

That's the best so far by a mile.

No, I think that RedZed333 and the King of Spain trumps that one Ormy...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way Bill over the King of Spain. Bill was actually the president of the USA at the time... just on his way home from Belfast from working on the Good Friday peace agreement. The Lewinsky scandal hadnt broken then.
  • Options
    Thoroughly embarrassed my daughter around 15 years ago when I saw Nigel from Eastenders ( now in Holby ) entering a lift in Selfridge's , Oxford Street. Obviously shouted " It's Nigel " just a tad too loud ...

Met Bruce Forsyth at LAX on the way home from the Olympics in '84, and was on the same flight home for the '87 World Champs in Rome with most of the GB team inc Daley Thompson. We'd been eating quite a bit that week at the MacDonalds at the foot of the Spanish steps and loads of athletes were doing the same. Caught sight of Carol, sister of Carl Lewis queuing up for takeaway one afternoon so followed her out to the waiting car where bro was waiting for his nosh , and thrust 2 autograph books through the window for our kids...Didn't look best pleased but did oblige...
  • Options
    Oh, nearly forgot... Peter Varney came to a meeting at my house a few years back .
  • Options
    If it's restricted to cafes, then Johnny Marr. Really nice guy.
  • Options
    Rory McGrath sitting outside the cafe at one of the tables next to our old office in Great Queen Street. Having a heated discussion with a women. Not helped by him cheekily grinning at me and most of the other women that walked past. She really was giving him an earful.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    Mrs McCluskey from Grange Hill in a cafe in Brighton many years ago..............
  • Options
    In a cafe in north London one morning I saw the ugly/worst one from Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]In a cafe in north London one morning I saw the ugly/worst one from Girls Aloud.[/quote]

What cheryl Cole ;-)