Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester v Charlton match thread

Comments

• Options
    Yes! Super Paddy!
  • Options
    CHarlton going for the win, desperate defending by Leicester.

ZZ just blasted it over, when should of laid ball out to Thomas
  • Options
    Paddddddyyyy yeasssssssssssssss
  • Options
    Woohoo!!!! UNreal!!!!
  • Options
    We're still crap though! Hanging on by our fingertips.
  • Options
    first shot on target. robbery.
    need some changes for colchester.
  • Options
    Bloody hell I nearly went to bed
  • Options
    Final whistle - third 1-1 in a row
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you who kept this going.

Off for a nice cuppa !!
  • Options
    Met up with an old colleague in the week - He's a season ticket holder at Upton Park - He remarked how similar we have been to West Ham when Pardew took them up. Never played to full potential but scraped into Play offs to go up.

Only thing is that my nerves won't take the play offs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 points out of 12 is crap but we could also say that we deserved nowt.

New Year hopefully some new form, agree changes needed if we have the personnel.
  • Options
    I just don't get why everyone is so upset, these ARE NOT bad results taking into account our injuries/suspensions.

We played well up at WBA and gave them a good run for their money, easily could have won the game and they do seem the best team in the league at the moment.
  • Options
    Oh well another scrappy point. Paddy Mc I love you!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]first shot on target. robbery.

Not according to Steve Brown, who knows us and this league well and whose opinion i respect. He said it would of been a travesty if we lost, and if anyone deserved to win, it was us. But a draw was the right result.

Not good enough performance though apparently.
  • Options
    We are only 4 points off the automatic promotion spot - but we are going to need a substantial draft of new players in January - as AFKA said, the present line up is tired & limited. We seem to labour hugely for every point.
  • Options
    That sounded absolutely dire, but I give them credit for battling back late on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]but we are going to need a substantial draft of new players in January .

Not going to happen, if we are going up, it's with this team.

We are missing out best players yet still doing ok, what is wrong with some of you ;-(
  • Options
    Oh how we need another Mark Kinsella or Scott Parker now...im sure with someone of that elk in the engine rooms we would be turning these draws into real results - this team lacks drive and direction - but does seem to have potential...we have the quality but need to get into the winning habit to build confidence and fast
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I just don't get why everyone is so upset, these ARE NOT bad results taking into account our injuries/suspensions.

We played well up at WBA and gave them a good run for their money, easily could have won the game and they do seem the best team in the league at the moment.

The harsh reality, Stu, is that we need to be getting nearer to two points per game for automatic promotion, and at the moment we are well short of this. We have one of the biggest squads in the league, yet it still looks painfully thin at times - partly through our own disciplinary making. It's amazing that we are still 5th, but we desperately need to start putting in some decent performances and stringing together some wins.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]but we are going to need a substantial draft of new players in January .[/quote]

Not going to happen, if we are going up, it's with this team.

We are missing out best players yet still doing ok, what is wrong with some of you ;-([/quote]

Well we are going to lose Mills & Sodje. McLeod is strongly rumoured to be off. So that's 3 that will need to be replaced. It is going to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster, with what money will we be replacing them? We are losing Mills because we can't afford him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Oakster, with what money will we be replacing them? We are losing Mills because we can't afford him.

And because he's a liability?
  • Options
    I wonder if against "poorer" sides it would much more beneficial going back to 4-4-2 for the whole game. Maybe save the 4-5-1 for games like Watford and Stoke.
  • Options
    I think Pardew will tinker heavily with the personnel in January.
  • Options
    I agree with you ChicagoAddick.

There will be some movement - both in and out. Maybe we'll get lucky and Rangers will send Faye back..lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]need some changes for colchester.

they haven't recorded a win since mid october,this shouldn't normally be a fixture to worry about...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I think Pardew will tinker heavily with the personnel in January.

I would of thought so, but evidence so far suggests not. He has tinkered with as minimum as possible in the last few weeks, despite a heavy schedule and injuries and suspensions.

He is very loyal to this core group, playing a number of them in recent weeks when not fully fit and with other options available. He 'appears' as if he has very little belief in the ability of fringe players like Racon, Dickson, and Varney when played as a striker, for example.
  • Options
    This is a game we should have won, afterall we finished with 11 men.

Sodje not guaranteed to go, although we will lose im for another three games suspension. Mils will go if Pards thinks his indiscipline along with his cost just are not worth the bother.

Hope that we have at least one of the couple of new bodies that Pards has mentioned lined up for Jan 1 to raise spirits. Hopefully we can pick up max points from two home games in a row, plus we should be able to give some 1st teamers a two week rest after Colchester.
  • Options
    with this form we will soon drift out of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]with this form we will soon drift out of it.

no,wins over bottom club colchester and blackpool at the home of football should be enough to keep transfers at bay and gloss over the chaff.