Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

May 22nd - Charlton Life end of season meet up - THIS THURSDAY !

I know that it's a little time away yet and I also apologise if the idea has already been muted elsewhere, but does anybody think it might be a workable idea to have some sort of get together to mark what was a memorable day for us Charlton Lifers?

I know the golf idea is being given some thought and perhaps we could combine the two, but otherwise perhaps a drink or two at or near the ground on the day/evening might be in order. Do they open Bartrams during midweek?

Just a thought and even if it doesn't get off the ground, I might head up that way myself anyway.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]I know that it's a little time away yet and I also apologise if the idea has already been muted elsewhere, but does anybody think it might be a workable idea to have some sort of get together to mark what was a memorable day for us Charlton Lifers?

I know the golf idea is being given some thought and perhaps we could combine the two, but otherwise perhaps a drink or two at or near the ground on the day/evening might be in order. Do they open Bartrams during midweek?

Just a thought and even if it doesn't get off the ground, I might head up that way myself anyway.

Bartrams will be open if we ask them and for a small fee they will even lay on some food if we ask in advance.

Could be a good pre-play off final drink up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Could be a good pre-play off final drink up.

nicely worded , i see you didn't mention which teams would be in the final;-)
  • Options
    If its local you can count me and Tavern in.
    If you cant get Bartrams i can have a word in the Oak. They would also do food for a small fee.. we can have the side bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Could be a good pre-play off final drink up.

nicely worded , i see you didn't mention which teams would be in the final;-)

LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]we can have the side bit.

A bit soon for a bit on the side?
  • Options
    yeh well ... you know me.
  • Options
    Back to the original post, yes, i'd be interested KB.
  • Options
    if they get a rush on with us lot though, they'll stop serving vodka!
  • Options
    I'm up for it too, in bartrams. charlton wine. yum! (I know that contradicts my earlier post!)
  • Options
    Well then I guess in the first instance, we will have to get an idea on who is up for a get together on the evening of the 22nd so we can decide if it's worth asking the club to open up Bartrams.

So just add your name to this thread if your up for it, then if there are costs involved in having Bartrams and getting some food we will also know how much per head we will need to cover it.

Henry, Afka and Suzi, I don't want to be seen to be passing the buck here and I don't mind doing all the spadework, but once we get an idea of numbers can we use you guys to liase with the club, as you have the connections?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It can be our end of season drink up.. not quite as big a night as the Charity night but still...

i make that 6 of us... coudl be a little empty but we can spread ourselves about a bit.
  • Options
    Killer if we dont want tomake it expensive (in case that put people off coming) if people want to eat they can just order food over the bar. I dont know what Bartrams regular hours are tho so am not sure if they have to order food in specially if they are closed.
  • Options
    How about we try and organise it as a ten-year celebration of the Play-off final, and get the Sunderland game shown in the background ?

Worth considering or not ?
  • Options
    We do the quizzes there and they keep someone on for 12- 14 of us plus £10 for a couple of platters or sarnies so I would have thought that, barring someone else having booked it, it could be a goer.

And there is still an signed and framed england shirt in my loft if you want a raffle/auction prize.
  • Options
    I'll come.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Killer if we dont want tomake it expensive (in case that put people off coming) if people want to eat they can just order food over the bar. I dont know what Bartrams regular hours are tho so am not sure if they have to order food in specially if they are closed.

Not fussed about the food thing Curb, so it would be no problem either way for me. But I take your point and so I suppose we just go with the flow on what people want.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]How about we try and organise it as a ten-year celebration of the Play-off final, and get the Sunderland game shown in the background ?

Don't see why not, although if we really want to put people off coming I could always show our vid of the first Lifers match also, or just constant re-runs of my goal :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]How about we try and organise it as a ten-year celebration of the Play-off final, and get the Sunderland game shown in the background ?

Good idea.

I'll be there either way.
  • Options
    And a few ex players who played the game to mingle or am i getting carried away... saw Eddie Youds tottering round Blackheath saturday afternoon (in a t-shirt).
    Will get Dave White to ask Sasa if they are in contact.
  • Options
    I'll ask today if they serve food till late. I'm sure the chef would stay on if we were going to be there, and on my menu it says they're open midweek till 8pm, but will find out if they'd stay open later with no charge for a special occasion! Its not a wednesday so it won't clash with the weight watchers meeting they hold in there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do they make much money on food on wednesday nights then sausage?
  • Options
    would love to but will be in disneyland florida.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Will get Dave White to ask Sasa if they are in contact.

If he cant do it I talk to Sasa on business and will ask him. Saw him last Thursday actually.
  • Options
    That would be handy if you could ask him. Thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Will get Dave White to ask Sasa if they are in contact.

If he cant do it I talk to Sasa on business and will ask him. Saw him last Thursday actually.

Who did you see last thursday , Dave White or Sasa , its not clear ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Do they make much money on food on wednesday nights then sausage?

only salads and diet coke.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]

Who did you see last thursday , Dave White or Sasa , its not clear ?

Sasa, wouldnt know Dave White if he walked in here now.
  • Options
    Sounds good - I'm up for it, just need some notice to ensure I am around.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Will the Charlton Life badges and CL End of year awards be given out ; - )
  • Options
    Yeah,i'm in :)