Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Basically anyone consuming food near me. If we're out at a restaurant together (if you can call McDonalds that) - fine, otherwise it's going to annoy me. Maybe that's not fair, but this is not the "only reasonable things that generally annoy you" thread.

Extra aggrivation points if it's:
    • On a train
    • Smells (even a little bit)
    • Is in tupperware
    • The foodstuff is chewy/moist
    • It leaves food residue around, or on yourself
    Guy on the train this morning (a GWR one with little tables) whips out his little tub of what looked like dogshit (think it was some kind of bran-paste), and a fork (that annoyed me too for some reason, metal one, probably nicked it from work) and chomps down on it for a period of 15-20 mins. He took long breaks between each mouthful as the odour from his stinking old tupperware wafted and matured throughout the carriage.
    Strange that the sound of eating doesn't bother you. That's the thing that drills into my brain. The sound of chewers and open mouth chewers are the biggest coño's of them all. 
    I had it as a bullet point, but dropped it out as it's almost worth of a separate topic.

The sound of eating is 10/10 annoying. Chewing with mouth open should be criminalised, way more anti-social than graffiti etc. - legitimately should be an ASBO.
  • Options
    Food Fascism.

How you eat, what you eat, when you eat, blah, blah, blah.

• Options

British people using the word 'Buddy'*

*unless quoting from South Park

Spooky, I have just taken a delivery in and the driver called me Buddy about 8 times, all in the amount of time to put a parcel on a pallet. 
    It took all of my effort not to throw him under his own van.

The spooky thing is that I came into the office and opened this thread and the first thing I read was your post.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Richard Madeley, currently presenting GMB with that noisy cackling bint, Kate 'its all about me' Garroway.
    Anyway, they had an article about the new Only Fools and Horses show, they were tenuously linking their upbringing to being from the East End, Madeley says 'actually I was born in Romford, I guess its close to the East End'. No it isn't Madeley, you fool, but what is more annoying is that OFAH is based in Peckham, so has nothing to do with the East End, and this so called journalist/presenter failed to realise that fact...in short the bloke is an utter minge.
    As you can tell, I'm a morning person.
    This is what you get from a crap morning TV show, if you want news head over to the BBC or Sky. If you want adverts, twitter polls, Andy Peters on a beach somewhere asking if you want to money, insignificant celebrities being asked ridiculous questions then stick with GMB.  
    Wont watch the Tory government controlled Beige Broadcasting Corporation plus Sky news is just as right wing. 
    So its GMB plus Piers Morgan is usually on and he seems like a good sort.
    BBC and Sky News are too right wing for you, so you watch Piers Morgan? How does that work?
    Err... let me see.....hes a labour supporter, he edited the Daily Mirror, a Labour newspaper...thats kinda how it works. Get it?
  • Options
    muppetman said:

British people using the word 'Buddy'*

*unless quoting from South Park

Spooky, I have just taken a delivery in and the driver called me Buddy about 8 times, all in the amount of time to put a parcel on a pallet. 
    It took all of my effort not to throw him under his own van.

The spooky thing is that I came into the office and opened this thread and the first thing I read was your post.
    You should've called him a muppet man.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Greenie said:
    Croydon said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Richard Madeley, currently presenting GMB with that noisy cackling bint, Kate 'its all about me' Garroway.
    Anyway, they had an article about the new Only Fools and Horses show, they were tenuously linking their upbringing to being from the East End, Madeley says 'actually I was born in Romford, I guess its close to the East End'. No it isn't Madeley, you fool, but what is more annoying is that OFAH is based in Peckham, so has nothing to do with the East End, and this so called journalist/presenter failed to realise that fact...in short the bloke is an utter minge.
    As you can tell, I'm a morning person.
    This is what you get from a crap morning TV show, if you want news head over to the BBC or Sky. If you want adverts, twitter polls, Andy Peters on a beach somewhere asking if you want to money, insignificant celebrities being asked ridiculous questions then stick with GMB.  
    Wont watch the Tory government controlled Beige Broadcasting Corporation plus Sky news is just as right wing. 
    So its GMB plus Piers Morgan is usually on and he seems like a good sort.
    BBC and Sky News are too right wing for you, so you watch Piers Morgan? How does that work?
    Err... let me see.....hes a labour supporter, he edited the Daily Mirror, a Labour newspaper...thats kinda how it works. Get it?
    He also wrote for The Sun, hates Corbyn and has even publicly admitted liking Thatcher. Surprised you don't burst into flames at the mention of his name.
    I'll say it again, he still supports Labour and edited The Mirror which is a Labour newspaper, he said that The Snatcher wasn't all bad, he isn't a Tory though and you know this, and I think Ive answered you question now. 
    Is there anything else?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Telling kebabies I want my kebab absolutely pissing with chilli sauce only to get it home and there is none at all on there!

got back from Margate earlier and went to Pickford lane to pick us up some dinner, ordered the kebabs there then popped in the chippy to get the kids dinner then back to the kebab shop to collect mine and the Mrs’ so didn’t see them putting it together.

bastards !
  • Options
    Chins up geeze
  • Options
    Telling kebabies I want my kebab absolutely pissing with chilli sauce only to get it home and there is none at all on there!

got back from Margate earlier and went to Pickford lane to pick us up some dinner, ordered the kebabs there then popped in the chippy to get the kids dinner then back to the kebab shop to collect mine and the Mrs’ so didn’t see them putting it together.

bastards !
    Had the same problem in Sanchos of Gravesham when I lived there. Couldn't afford enough for the £15 to get a free delivery, so limped all the way down my street to order it in person, EMPHASIZED to the bloke that I would like onion in my cheeseburger, gave him the benefit of the doubt and never supervised the building on the burger, limps all the way home, fall into the sofa, open the burger box, take a bite, no onions. Livid 
  • Options
    The Daily Mail. Front page, who get Karl Largerfelds £100m. He isn’t cold but they can’t help themselves.  Nasty paper.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Probably raised this before, but I am farking sick of headphone wearing numpties obliviously drifting across the pavement like drunks at chucking out time, and walking right into my path. 

Imagine doing this in your car on the motorway, just drifting across the lanes from one side to the other, leaving utter carnage in your wake. 

A word of warning to such people - if you drunkenly wander in front of me because you're too busy listening to some form wet pants arsehole like Ed Sheeran or James Arthur and, if on the day you wander in front of me it just so happens that I've had a particularly dismal journey in on South Eastern Trains, don't be at all surprised if I "accidentally" barge you face first into a lamp post.

I scrolled down a bit too far, read this post without seeing the name and thought 'I bet that's @MrLargo '

Bingo!
  • Options

bastards !
    Had the same problem in Sanchos of Gravesham when I lived there. Couldn't afford enough for the £15 to get a free delivery, so limped all the way down my street to order it in person, EMPHASIZED to the bloke that I would like onion in my cheeseburger, gave him the benefit of the doubt and never supervised the building on the burger, limps all the way home, fall into the sofa, open the burger box, take a bite, no onions. Livid 
    If you’d sold chilli sauce in your shop in Grove Park that you never mention, you could have made a ton of dough off upset kebab customers mate, I think you missed a trick there!
  • Options

bastards !
    Kebabies in Pickford Lane don’t put the sauce in, they sell them in separate pots. I found that out the hard way as well. Kebabs are lovely in there and so are the people, but that is one criticism of the gaff.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

bastards !
    If you’d sold chilli sauce in your shop in Grove Park that you never mention, you could have made a ton of dough off upset kebab customers mate, I think you missed a trick there!
    Who told you I had a shop in Grove Park???????
  • Options
    People at work who I am not familiar with using my surname to get my attention. Unless you’re the boss it’s Sir 1StevieG to you. 
  • Options
    People at work who leave their phones on their desks and walk off or in meetings, leaving them to ring off, also with invasive ringtones.  They couldn't be bothered to take the 1 second it takes to put on silent, even though in meetings they have nothing better to do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People at work who leave their phones on their desks and walk off or in meetings, leaving them to ring off, also with invasive ringtones.  They couldn't be bothered to take the 1 second it takes to put on silent, even though in meetings they have nothing better to do
    Are you sitting near me?

There's been one of the dreadful Samsung ringtones going off this morning.

I did it yesterday though, sorry.
  • Options
    The fact that I’ve been off all week and today is the first day I’ve not been up before 6am. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    The fact that I’ve been off all week and today is the first day I’ve not been up before 6am. 
    Before my Doris moved in, if I was off work I could easily not wake up until lunchtime. 

Nowadays I prefer a 2pm to 4pm sofa cruise and sleep after an early start. I'm normally up 6am at the latest and when I'm not working hitting the afternoon wall is a perfect time to catch up

But you have kids, I don't. I doubt you get that opportunity!
  • Options
    The Home Office, and many other government departments under this bungling shitshow of a tory administration, twitching into action at the behest of squint eyed zealots, crooks and scumbags, while routinely doing the square root of naff all about anything important or relevant to the citizenry as a whole.
    Today's example: illegally making someone stateless because of the fundamentally racist clamour of the loathsome cadre of bile peddlers masquerading as our free press.
    Before all you gullible bigots give me pelters for my presumably bleeding heart liberal whinging; count up how many convicted bombers, extortionists, murderers and drug lords affiliated with Ulster's "troubles" have ever been sanctioned in this way.  Consider the one clear distinction between those volunteers and today's example and tell me I'm wrong.
  • Options
    The Home Office, and many other government departments under this bungling shitshow of a tory administration, twitching into action at the behest of squint eyed zealots, crooks and scumbags, while routinely doing the square root of naff all about anything important or relevant to the citizenry as a whole.
    Today's example: illegally making someone stateless because of the fundamentally racist clamour of the loathsome cadre of bile peddlers masquerading as our free press.
    Before all you gullible bigots give me pelters for my presumably bleeding heart liberal whinging; count up how many convicted bombers, extortionists, murderers and drug lords affiliated with Ulster's "troubles" have ever been sanctioned in this way.  Consider the one clear distinction between those volunteers and today's example and tell me I'm wrong.
    Is it that the others committed their crimes in the UK and were caught and tried here whereas this person left the country to live in a foreign utopia to commit crimes against the country ?
  • Options
    People that don’t know their order number in McDonalds, so the person calling their order out is busy doing that instead of bagging up my hot food.
  • Options
    coventry
  • Options
    People that don’t know their order number in McDonalds, so the person calling their order out is busy doing that instead of bagging up my hot food.
    And it happens every time.
  • Options
    That every single middle aged + shopper (except us) in Biggin Hill Waitrose seems to buy the Mail or Express. No wonder the country is going to the dogs … etc ...etc... :wink: