Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    People at work who leave their phones on their desks and walk off or in meetings, leaving them to ring off, also with invasive ringtones.  They couldn't be bothered to take the 1 second it takes to put on silent, even though in meetings they have nothing better to do
    Just answer it. Most will have their contacts saved so a name will come up. If it's their partner then just say they're down the pub with the girl/boy from accounts.....

Bet they'll take it with them next time.... :smile:
  • Options
    Good to see that normal service has been resumed

Dont usually bother watching much Football on the TV anymore for no particular reason

Today though I've seen Luton v Coventry (2nd Half) | Man Utd v Liverpool | Man City v Chelsea and have seen ZERO goals!!

Can bloody guarantee that had I skipped them then they'd have all been thrillers

Fully expecting penalties to end up 0-0 with Jon Moss turning round and telling everyone to give up and share the trophy after a while!!!
  • Options
    When somebody compliments one of my photos and straight away asks what lens I used. I'd love it if just once somebody asked about the creative considerations I'd made.
  • Options
    Just skipped 740 pages and six years on this thread. Did I miss anything?
  • Options
    People at work who leave their phones on their desks and walk off or in meetings, leaving them to ring off, also with invasive ringtones.  They couldn't be bothered to take the 1 second it takes to put on silent, even though in meetings they have nothing better to do
    Just answer it. Most will have their contacts saved so a name will come up. If it's their partner then just say they're down the pub with the girl/boy from accounts.....

Bet they'll take it with them next time.... :smile:
    At our place the deal is if you leave you moby on your desk unattended, it will be answered......generally along the lines of 
    'James's phone......no he's busy servicing a client right now, as soon as he's cleaned himself up he'll call you back'

How amusing we all are.........!
  • Options
    Getting Food Poisoning from a Chinese Takeaway last night
  • Options

Randomly having the tune to Tots TV in my head all morning.

Haven't seen it for over 20 years. No idea how or why it got stuck in my head today.

• Options

Randomly having the tune to Tots TV in my head all morning.

Haven't seen it for over 20 years. No idea how or why it got stuck in my head today.

Bastard! i'm doing it now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    Dickheads who bring kids and dogs to the pub and let them run riot. Or worse, when the animal or kids make such a racket even the shitarse who brought them in notices the communication is so loud and obnoxious I feel obligated to have a word. 

It's never worth it, it's always the arseholes that get triggered and best case scenario they sod off, worst case you end up in a punch up
    I like that in Ireland children aren't allowed in pubs after 9pm.
    Makes it much simpler.
  • Options
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84746/ecb-s-the-hundred#latest
    Opening the above thread (not knowing what it was about) and feeling dirty! 
  • Options
    Annoy is probably not strong enough for this one. Having my ex girlfriend, her daughter and 3 kids come over to stay (which I don’t mind) because the daughter has on Sunday been attacked by her boyfriend with scissors to the throat and hands, strangled and fortunate to be alive.

The reason for the stay is that while old bill pushed for custody in remand, the magistrate has let the tosser out prior to his trial for GBH with intent on 25th March. 

Police cant guarantee their safety until they find somewhere new for him to live and unfortunately he knows where the ex and her kids dad live as well, 

Disgraceful. 
  • Options
    Absolutely f*cking hate people (pedestrians) who are walking the opposing direction, so we are about to go past each other....and they seem intent on walking right into me. I consider it strange behaviour.

It's like they are purposely pretending they are blind.

I am then forced to stop and wait for them to walk around me.

Personal space....it is important
  • Options
    Bloody hate the formatting / paragraph spacing setup on here now...
  • Options
    The neighbour who crept out under the cover of darkness the other night to utilise the remaining space in my bin the cram their own rubbish in. Leaving the lid unable to close, thus letting the rain in, risking it not being collected as it was now overloaded and using an open bin liner containing their half eaten takeaways, bottles, beer cans and assorted crud that was by now blowing down the road.

Chasing someone else's rubbish down the road was not the way to start my day off and as most of it was recyclable/compostable anyway totally unnecessary.

I've got a suspect but in the absence of night vision equipped CCTV my retribution will have to wait...
  • Options
    The neighbour who crept out under the cover of darkness the other night to utilise the remaining space in my bin the cram their own rubbish in. Leaving the lid unable to close, thus letting the rain in, risking it not being collected as it was now overloaded and using an open bin liner containing their half eaten takeaways, bottles, beer cans and assorted crud that was by now blowing down the road.

Chasing someone else's rubbish down the road was not the way to start my day off and as most of it was recyclable/compostable anyway totally unnecessary.

I've got a suspect but in the absence of night vision equipped CCTV my retribution will have to wait...
    Take a dump on their doorstep
  • Options

Take a dump on their doorstep
    With my luck it would turn out my neighbours did have night vision cctv equiped...and I'd got the wrong culprit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    Absolutely f*cking hate people (pedestrians) who are walking the opposing direction, so we are about to go past each other....and they seem intent on walking right into me. I consider it strange behaviour.

As you approach look over the shoulder on the side you intend to walk and instinctively they will register that and move aside/ continue out of the way.

Should improve most of these situations. Unfortunately there is no accounting for the self absorbed twunts who are looking at their phones or even unbelievably newspapers or books as they approach you on busy streets.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

As you approach look over the shoulder on the side you intend to walk and instinctively they will register that and move aside/ continue out of the way.

Should improve most of these situations. Unfortunately there is no accounting for the self absorbed twunts who are looking at their phones or even unbelievably newspapers or books as they approach you on busy streets.
    and that is why i encourage all the kids down the youth club to carry knives 
  • Options
    Reading a post of Golfie's and nodding in agreement as I go through it... What has the world come to!!
  • Options
    Fecking SNP MP s. Just f**l the right off & the f**k off some more. The sooner your wet & cold little country gets it's independence the better. The only decent thing it has going for it are the Golf courses. 

Like to see how you are going to fund free prescription charges & free hospital parking with the income derived from the many hill farmers & fisherman you have. The oil revenues aren't going to last forever.......and they probably belong to the Crown anyway. 
    Whisky, malt and blended, they make millions.
  • Options
    The song Hotel California.  Drives me up the wall
    Do not know how it goes, can you put a video of it on here so we can all hear it and judge it for ourselves  :)
  • Options
    The song Hotel California.  Drives me up the wall, just seems to go on and on, feels like im being tortured
    Really? But it’s such a lovely place.
  • Options
    The song Hotel California.  Drives me up the wall, just seems to go on and on, feels like im being tortured
    Yeh, you can check out, but you can never leave!