Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Really need to play Football Manager again more!!

Used to play it so much that a player could be named and I'd know all about them - EFL on Quest just mentioned Bristol City Goalkeeper; Max O'Leary being key to their form and my first reaction was: WHO!!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Police & accident warnings........

(I will countenance this with the hope that no-one got seriously hurt)

On the way home from the game this afternoon & Shooters Hill road was shut from the top going down towards Welling. A single police car blocked the road so a line of traffic all had to do u-turns & go back down towards the lights by the old police station. Surely it wouldn't have taken much to put in a diversion or another car/patrolman at those lights warning you that the road was shut further up. Damn sight easier to go straight over at the lights at that point rather than up the hill, u turn & back down again......

Numpties 
  • Options
    The guy at work who just heated up a big bowl of sprouts and topped it with a tin of tuna.

What the actual fook?
    Irrational-but-related is people who treat the work kitchen like it's their actual kitchen.

Go in, heat your stuff up, make a brew, even give your tupperware a rinse if you brought your food in... absolutely fine.

I saw a bloke in there the other day chopping vegetables and it just rattled me. Didn't smell or anything, but just took a real dislike to him as a result.
    I've now got people calling him 'James Martin' so all is well
  • Options
    Police & accident warnings........

(I will countenance this with the hope that no-one got seriously hurt)

On the way home from the game this afternoon & Shooters Hill road was shut from the top going down towards Welling. A single police car blocked the road so a line of traffic all had to do u-turns & go back down towards the lights by the old police station. Surely it wouldn't have taken much to put in a diversion or another car/patrolman at those lights warning you that the road was shut further up. Damn sight easier to go straight over at the lights at that point rather than up the hill, u turn & back down again......

Numpties 
    I got caught by that too. Fortunately for me Shooters Hill is my area so I knew what to do and wasn't delayed unduly.
  • Options
    BIG CAT sightings. 

Are big cats hiding all over England or is it a simple case of Ailurophobia?

• Options
    BIG CAT sightings. 

Are big cats hiding all over England or is it a simple case of Ailurophobia?

THIS!!!

Big cat sightings in England really boils my piss!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    My belt has broken. My belt that I've had for best part of thirty years. 1¼" of prime black leather with an ever-stylish Kangol buckle. My belt that I wear practically every day. The longest serving and most worn piece of clothing I've ever had, or am ever likely to have. It's seen me through the good times and the bad. It goes to work with me every day and also accompanies me on my holidays. It was there for most of the best bits in my adult life including the births of my children. I wore it for so long that it almost felt a part of me. And now it is out there in the garden, waiting to be used as a stay for one of Mrs Stig's shrubs. I feel a such great sense of loss at poor old Belty's demise.

...that and the fact it's another sign I'm getting to be an ever fatter bastard.M
    Such a sad story, my deepest condolences.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

I'm annoyed at how easy it has been getting about in a car the last week and two days.

Ban the school run, make the little urchins walk.

I dunno, your still getting the twats who are trying their damnest to cause accidents

Was approaching the usual queue just past Gravesend East (heading towards London) this morning, saw cars breaking in the distance so rather than leave it till the last minute I slowly started bringing my speed down - Now I was in the first lane so wasnt hogging any part of the road that I shouldnt yet had a bloody Spanish lorry getting right up my arse flashing me to get a move on when it was clear I'd be stopped in just a few more yards

Leaves you in a bit of a catch 22 situation as you approach the standing cars as your then worried that the prick behind wont be able to stop themselves when you do finally come to a halt and know for a fact that the car I was driving wouldnt have stood a chance against the lorry, with my son being the first to receive the impact!!

Of course could (and was avoided funnily) when the prick just decided to pull out and over take me which is what he could have done in the first place without getting stroppy about me being in his precious way in the first place!!
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Stig said:
    My belt has broken. My belt that I've had for best part of thirty years. 1¼" of prime black leather with an ever-stylish Kangol buckle. My belt that I wear practically every day. The longest serving and most worn piece of clothing I've ever had, or am ever likely to have. It's seen me through the good times and the bad. It goes to work with me every day and also accompanies me on my holidays. It was there for most of the best bits in my adult life including the births of my children. I wore it for so long that it almost felt a part of me. And now it is out there in the garden, waiting to be used as a stay for one of Mrs Stig's shrubs. I feel a such great sense of loss at poor old Belty's demise.

...that and the fact it's another sign I'm getting to be an ever fatter bastard.
    Such a sad story, my deepest condolences.
    Thank you. It's not just my loss though, it's a loss for the whole Charlton community. With the exception of the odd balmy season-start where the shorts are out, that belt was there to witness everything that I was: The play-off final, Bartlett's volley, Thumping West Ham, Lisbie's Hatrick, Chris Powell becoming our oldest scorer, promotion at Brunton Park, Yann's wonder strike, pigs flying, the St Truiden demo, the EFL demo. It was even there when Simon Church scored. Perhaps with a few more years it might have been present for a win over Millwall.

Perhaps I should donate it to the museum. After all, it was there for the opening night of that as well.  
  • Options
    BBC radio/podcast presenters who read out email addresses like idiots, instead of saying 'dot co dot uk' they for some reason say 'dot see oh dot uk'. this possibly annoys me more than it should
  • Options
    Stig said:

...that and the fact it's another sign I'm getting to be an ever fatter bastard.

A good old fashioned cricket belt with the S buckle is what you need, Stig. I've still got mine from primary school, stretches like a good 'un.  Green and Blue one.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    BT Sport coverage.

they are so painfully desperate that you watch more of their channel. during the first 25 minutes of the champions league game yesterday a screen advert came on 4 times and the commentator tells you about up and coming live events they are broadcasting. these were ranged from the IPL tomorrow, boxing on Saturday, some premiership game and a match between man u legends and Munich at the end of May.
    i'm not bloody interested in any of that crap just focus on the one you already have on!
  • Options
    BT Sport coverage.

they are so painfully desperate that you watch more of their channel. during the first 25 minutes of the champions league game yesterday a screen advert came on 4 times and the commentator tells you about up and coming live events they are broadcasting. these were ranged from the IPL tomorrow, boxing on Saturday, some premiership game and a match between man u legends and Munich at the end of May.
    i'm not bloody interested in any of that crap just focus on the one you already have on!
    But even with the match they have on they have to show shots of the manager drinking/writing/waving their arms about or umpteen replays of nothing incidents or close ups of players all the time while the ball is in play. I want to see it live.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    These little cocks up town causing absolute carnage for the average joe just trying to get too and from work. The fucking idiots are disrupting public transport, the one thing that we should encouraging people to use to combat climate change. I don't knock the cause but you stop me from getting home from work, you're prone to a slap.
    If I had my way, we would burn these people instead of fossil fuels.

I think Anaerobic digestion of the body followed by either burning the gas in an internal combustion engine, or when I pull my finger out by fuel cell would be more environmentally sound.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I certainly agree with the sentiment of the protest, but I do so hate these party protesters who set up camp in the City for their own self importance and pleasure.

I recall the Occupy London protest in 2012 where several sites were taken.  I became more and more antagonistic to those occupying Finsbury Square with their scruffy tent village.  Finsbury Square had always been a green oasis where the City workers could seek refuge from their busy day. (Crossrail had already nabbed Finsbury Circus). When the site was finally cleared there wasn't a blade of grass to be seen anywhere.

The ironic thing was how the original occupiers came to jealously guard their camp, they had rules and regulations which were not adhered to by the new protesters who tried to move in after their own camps broke up.  A microcosm of normal society?  More like Lord of the Flies imo. 
  • Options
    Don't disagree Raith, but I am at a loss to think what else can be done. And even then I doubt the effectiveness of the protests anyway - those who are making the big profit out of pollutants are impervious to criticism, as long as the money keeps flowing in.      
  • Options
    I can't see what they're trying to achieve. I'd have thought the vast majority of the people they're disrupting agree with their cause. On top of that, Joe Public can't change policy, the government does, so why not think of a way to target them?

Unless they're just militant pricks who would turn out for any anti protest, without a clue what they're actually there for.
  • Options
    Doesnt help when you've got some kid appearing on Sky News saying we've got to do our bit yet is jetting off on Holiday the whole time

Nothing to stop you flying off anywhere of course but when your part of the problem yourself its a bit rich to be saying what he is, not to mention disrupting people from being able to get on with their working lives when companies themselves arent going to be understanding

Just feels a bit of do as I say, not do as I do again!!
  • Options
    No disagreement with either of you. 

When I look at the protest pictures, I see some of the pricks i_b_b_o_r_g describes, and others who don't fit that description. Some will be hypocritical, some will live the life they preach. Let's get over that, and start looking for ways in which those of us that don't hold with this kind of protest can do something. And I am not talking about doing our own bit a recycled bottle at a time - that can only achieve so much. I am talking about getting to the people making the profit who really don't care about the future. 

Do we target the government by voting Green? (When I say we I mean you, as I no longer have a vote anyway). 

• Options
    People talking about politics on the general things that annoy you thread.
  • Options
    Good point TRR. But who decides what is political and what is not? ;)    
  • Options
    Spurs or Game of Thrones everywhere I look