Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    People who call toppers heels ! 
    FLAG
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    My mrs eating both the heels from the plain loaf
    MrOneLung said:
    People who call toppers heels ! 
    What blasphemous language is this?! You mean the crust, right?
    And you, FLAG
  • Options
    Ears. 
    Ffs
  • Options
    Knobbys. Always and only knobbys. 
  • Options
    Heel, the thicker, the butter.
  • Options
    Is this a southeast London thing? Everybody in my family has always called it the knobby. My wife from darkest Kent had never heard of it when I met her. Also people that I have worked with who are not from around these parts don’t know it by this correct name.

• Options
    Is this a southeast London thing? Everybody in my family has always called it the knobby. My wife from darkest Kent had never heard of it when I met her. Also people that I have worked with who are not from around these parts don’t know it by this correct name.

We called it the knob in my family. It would have come from theWelsh side of the family.

So knob/knobby is a bit more widespread than SE London.
  • Options
    Heel, the thicker, the butter.
    My Irish wife also calls it the heel.
  • Options

Ever thought of moving to Brighton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We just call it the end bit
  • Options
    We normally call it the crust now days, but when I was a boy it was known as knob / knobby, another local name that seem to been replaced by the respectable sounding London cheesecake was locally known as a hairy Mary, I can’t think why?
  • Options
    I’ve only ever know it as the crust.
    Now you know it’s real name. Knobby
  • Options
    The knob end was what my family called the end of a french stick, the end of a loaf is just the end. Makes everyone giggle when I ask who wants the knob end when I have a french stick to hand. Corrrr I could murder a proper french stick now, including the knob end, stuffed with roquefort and maybe a bit of proper, free range ham 
  • Options
    But it’s not knobby shaped. 
    I get the french stock end being the knob end but not a loaf of bread 
  • Options
    Cleaning skirting boards on a Sunday evening. Wtaf is wrong with me I thought this would only take 10 minutes before dinner..? 
  • Options
    All this talk of crusty knob ends is doing me in.

I'm off for a shower
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    But it’s not knobby shaped. 
    I get the french stock end being the knob end but not a loaf of bread 
    I think the reason is very simple prior to 1960 I believe a cut loaf was relatively rare, and you went out abd brought a loaf every day or two, and a bloomer loaf which if you look at them then perhaps you can see where, there where different shapes and type of shop baked loafs back then. 
  • Options

I'm off for a shower
    Don't drop the soap, Graves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:

I'm off for a shower
    Get the treatment from one of them and your dung button will resemble a clowns pocket in not time. All elasticity cruelly taken 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    MrWalker said:

I'm off for a shower
    Get the treatment from one of them and your dung button will resemble a clowns pocket in not time. All elasticity cruelly taken 
    Always bow to the voice of experience 
  • Options
    TV and radio coverage of coronavirus.

It seems to consist of either patronising tossers telling everyone how to live their lives or people not social distancing making an inordinate amount of noise with saucepans and spoons with the police encouraging them.

I do my very best to avoid it but that is not always possible.
  • Options
    Realizing I know nothing.

I came across this paragraph while checking out alternative communication methods that may be of use during lockdown.

Perhaps most exciting are Google Hangouts Chat's built-in integrations and bots. It comes with a built in @meet bot, which integrates with Google Calendar and Google Meet to set up an appointment with anyone on your team. You can browse through a wide range of bots that come with Hangouts Chat today, including one from Kayak that helps you find flights right from chat. And you can chat privately with bots or add them to rooms to get more done right from chat.

WTF?

This was perfectly adequate in my day.

Telephones  1980s Rotary Dial Vintage BT Telephone 
  • Options
    TELE 746 Ivory , if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I've just called Whitstable 261355.
    i think you might not be connected?
  • Options
    261355 are the same digits as my home telephone as a kid - but not necessarily in the same order...  :)    
  • Options
    Dog groomers working, open to visitors only. 
    Dogs being passed through a window apparently! 
  • Options
    TELE 746 Ivory , if I remember correctly.
    746A I think. I left telecom shortly after I joined them back in the eighties.