Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Wilma said:
    Wilma said:
    Flies. They get in the house the very second you open a door, then seem unable to locate the same door to find their way back out and instead spend an age just bumping up against a closed window. If you then open the window, they fly off somewhere else and seem unable to find the way back to the now open window. They have the whole world to fly around in, most of which is much more interesting than my house! 
    Get a fly swatter. They're brilliant. 
    I do have a fly swatter and a disgusting hanging fly paper but this one was a particularly big buzzing thing that I wasn't prepared to chase around the house. It went out the window eventually. 
    That's where you're going wrong.
    You're not meant to chase them.
    You swat them on the window :smile:
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Flies. They get in the house the very second you open a door, then seem unable to locate the same door to find their way back out and instead spend an age just bumping up against a closed window. If you then open the window, they fly off somewhere else and seem unable to find the way back to the now open window. They have the whole world to fly around in, most of which is much more interesting than my house! 

There’s a very funny clip on Family Guy of a fly trying to get out of a window and then giving up.

• Options
    Won't take much guess work to figure which of them is going to be playing the John Candy role of the man that doesn't shut up.
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned Lyle cnut Taylor?
  • Options
    £6 for a fucking pint? I have not missed coming into London !
  • Options
    Covidiocy
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Finding out there are people charging for Therapy dog visits! 
    During a visit a lady alarmed at the amount of time we had spent chatting while her autistic son laid alongside Bailey stroking his head asked how much the visit had cost. Surprised at this because while I often get offers of a donation no one has ever offered to pay. It seems her usual Therapy dog man charges £50 an hour with a minimum of 2 hrs for the first visit + travel. She gave me his number and we had a brief chat, I say brief he hung up on me! 
    This lady had been saving since Christmas for sons visit only for this guy to let her down twice, I’ve learnt enough about autism to know that could cause what I often hear called a meltdown. We spent a couple hours talking her son, the dogs, the support we get from you guys basically whatever she wanted and told her the money she’d saved to buys themselves something nice and to contact me next time. 
    People will always try to make money from whatever they can sadly!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forgetting after a few peaceful months what a nightmare it is to live near a secondary school during term time.... do ANY kids walk to school any more? 
  • Options
    The Purple Bricks ad where the lusting estate agent woman is ‘virtually’ (on a laptop) perving at at a bloke in the bath, whose head and chest you can see, You can tell she’s perving because she moves closer to the camera and gets all excited.

No way would that be allowed if a bloke estate agent was looking at a woman in the bath with only her head and knockers showing. Although it would make for a better advert.

Sexism at its worst.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    The Purple Bricks ad where the lusting estate agent woman is ‘virtually’ (on a laptop) perving at at a bloke in the bath, whose head and chest you can see, You can tell she’s perving because she moves closer to the camera and gets all excited.

No way would that be allowed if a bloke estate agent was looking at a woman in the bath with only her head and knockers showing. Although it would make for a better advert.

Sexism at its worst.
    Almost all “isms” have massive double standards 
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Sexism at its worst.
    Almost all “isms” have massive double standards 
    As long as they are not showing above the water level. ;)
  • Options
    One wrong click on Amazon and you're a fully signed up Prime member with direct debit up and running.

... I noticed that Prime membership had been added to my order, so I cancelled it before completing - but still too late - as email already waiting in the inbox congratulating me. 

Hunt the thimble time then, looking for the way to bail out.

Maybe I'm naive, but never really considered that they'd act on information before you press the send button (metaphorically speaking).  

• Options
    One wrong click on Amazon and you're a fully signed up Prime member with direct debit up and running.

... I noticed that Prime membership had been added to my order, so I cancelled it before completing - but still too late - as email already waiting in the inbox congratulating me. 

Maybe I'm naive, but never really considered that they'd act on information before you press the send button (metaphorically speaking).  

Let run it’s course but remove your payment card details they soon cancel it. I had all our dogs signed up with separate email addresses and got almost a year of free music. 😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Let run it’s course but remove your payment card details they soon cancel it. I had all our dogs signed up with separate email addresses and got almost a year of free music. 😉
    What music did your dogs choose?
  • Options
    Beethoven?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snoop Dogg.
  • Options
    Baha men
  • Options

You won't be the first or last. This happened to me some time ago and I'm usually savvy with this type of sign up, but still got caught. Managed to get out of it but had to do some digging.  Wouldn't touch them with somebody else's barge pole.
  • Options
    Starting written sentences with “I mean...”

I get why we do it verbally, but writing it down? It’s utterly redundant. Of course it’s what you mean, you’re the one writing it. 
  • Options
    Spending 3 decades thinking Sparks were a German band.
  • Options
    The bloke in the Asda ad. 
    I'm worried how he is going to get his basket full of shopping back home on his bicycle. 
  • Options
    For my sins, I watch Tipping Point every evening, and it amazes me the number of contestants that think it does not matter when you drop the counter in the machine. They drop it at the wrong time, keep getting riders and then moan that the machine do not like them, or they are being unlucky.....no you dope, watch and you will see, it is important to drop the counter at the right time and you will rarely get a rider.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    For my sins, I watch Tipping Point every evening, and it amazes me the number of contestants that think it does not matter when you drop the counter in the machine. They drop it at the wrong time, keep getting riders and then moan that the machine do not like them, or they are being unlucky.....no you dope, watch and you will see, it is important to drop the counter at the right time and you will rarely get a rider.
    I remember as a kid i loved the arcade...especially the machines with the coin drops. It was 2ps i think back then.
    Cant believe they made a TV show out of it.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I remember as a kid i loved the arcade...especially the machines with the coin drops. It was 2ps i think back then.
    Still going in some arcades
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Still going in some arcades
    Hopefully with £1 coins surely not coppers still?