Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]No I'm not.

You are, show me the rule in the highway code that says that you should indicate right when going straight on.

Watch other drives at roundabouts today and count how many do what you do...there wont be many I can assure you. Perhaps then you will start to realise the error of your ways... :)
  • Options
    Common sense young man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Common sense young man.

Where is the common sense in indicating right when you are going straight on?

Read the highway code old man.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Common sense young man.[/quote]

Read the highway code old man.[/quote]

Robert, Chirps is either on a massive wind up or does not know how to drive, and worse than that he has been driving incorrectly for all his motoring life!! You wont change his mind now, he clearly wrote the Highway Code!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Greenie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Common sense young man.

Read the highway code old man.

Robert, Chirps is either on a massive wind up or does not know how to drive, and worse than that he has been driving incorrectly for all his motoring life!! You wont change his mind now, he clearly wrote the Highway Code!

I hope he is on a wind up...
  • Options
    People that turn threads about generally annoying stuff into a thread about how to indicate on roundabouts ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]People that turn threads about generally annoying stuff into a thread about how to indicate on roundabouts ;-)

You love it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Posts that just contain the word THIS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Posts that just contain the word THIS

This!

Sorry had to be done. So agree with you. Don't how and why it started. Even saw one today which just quoted and didn't even say THIS.
    Also don't like "What Shag said" Find them both lazy and annoying.
  • Options
    Association Football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Large Roundabouts
  • Options
    When it says you have a signal on your mobile , so you type out a message press send , and nothing happens .
  • Options
    What Shag said
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Greenie[/cite]What Shag said

This. ;)
  • Options
    People who drive whilst using their mobile......Woman driving behind me the other day,rabbiting away,i stopped at a green light because there was an ambulance going through the red on the bell,she obviously hadnt seen/heard the ambulance,nearly drove into the back of me and proceeded to toot her horn at me,giving me various hand gestures and name calling....until she saw the reason i had stopped then tried to apologise. I got out of my car and 'ahem'...gently explained the error of her ways. Dont understand why people do it,every phone comes with the plug in hands free so there is no excuse!!
  • Options
    The fact we live in a society where the average salary for a bus driver is a shade under 24k
    http://www.mysalary.co.uk/average-salary/Bus_Driver_366

Which is more than the starting pay for a teacher 21.5k
    http://www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/salary/starting-salary.aspx

Both important jobs, but surely we should listen to the words of the famous song, The children are our future

Watching Jamie's latest programme, everyone seems to want to bend over to please the students rather than getting them to understand that it is they who need to adapt.

I fear for the future of this country until society tackles teaching and nursing and treats these people as more valued memebers of society.

and people who indicate right when going straight on. They annoy the hell outta me
  • Options
    But surely a teacher's pay will rise with experience but a bus driver's wont really go up at all.
  • Options
    Just caught up with this thread with interest!

Agree with Chirpy Red about Bus Lanes. Nearly had a crash last week with some clown doing this.

Can't agree with the signalling right to go straight on at a roundabout though!? Doesn't make sense. It's clearly only going to confuse other drivers and it's certainly not what people are taught when learning to drive. Not five years ago anyway.
  • Options
    If a bus lane is not in operation you're taught to use it. I always do. If people want to queue up and not use it that up to them, but not being able to read a sign is their only crime. As for indicating right to go straight on that's just ludicrous and the actions of a terrible driver!

Oh and eating smelly food on a packed train does my nut in!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]If a bus lane is not in operation you're taught to use it. I always do. If people want to queue up and not use it that up to them, but not being able to read a sign is their only crime. As for indicating right to go straight on that's just ludicrous and the actions of a terrible driver!

Oh and eating smelly food on a packed train does my nut in!

Never can understand people that don't read bus lane signs and sit queuing up for no reason , very weird

if you fail to drive in a bus lane which is out of it's operational hours on your driving test you get marked down for a minor error.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Drivers who stick to the middle lane on motorways doing 60 mph. If the left lane is clear and there are no cars for you to take over pull over and not hog the lane. Never understand why drivers do this and they have no reason whatsoever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]People who drive whilst using their mobile......Woman driving behind me the other day,rabbiting away,i stopped at a green light because there was an ambulance going through the red on the bell,she obviously hadnt seen/heard the ambulance,nearly drove into the back of me and proceeded to toot her horn at me,giving me various hand gestures and name calling....until she saw the reason i had stopped then tried to apologise. I got out of my car and 'ahem'...gently explained the error of her ways. Dont understand why people do it,every phone comes with the plug in hands free so there is no excuse!!

Totally agree, I like to give my V signs to those who use the mobile phone.

I have hands free and works perfectly for me :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]As for indicating right to go straight on that's just ludicrous and the actions of a terrible driver!

So you have never approached a major roundabout?

Don't worry that's fine. You will one day and then you'll curse when the drivers coming from the first exit on your left pull out infront of you becasue you didn't signal that you were actually going round the roundabout. I'm sure your insurance company and all the witnesses will back you up.

Happy crashing!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]As for indicating right to go straight on that's just ludicrous and the actions of a terrible driver!

[/quote]

Don't worry that's fine. You will one day and then you'll curse when the drivers coming from the first exit on your left pull out infront of you becasue you didn't signal that you were actually going round the roundabout. I'm sure your insurance company and all the witnesses will back you up.

Happy crashing![/quote]

You don't give up when you are wrong, I'll give you that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]As for indicating right to go straight on that's just ludicrous and the actions of a terrible driver!

Happy crashing!

Let's clear this up once and for all. If, on your driving test, you persisted in indicating right when going straight across any roundabout you would be failed. Every time would be a minor fault and I believe 3 minor faults in one area equals one major fault and therefore a fail. In fact you may never get as far as the driving part of test if you got it wrong in the written part of the test.

Also you're crazy idea that on a small round about you don't indicate, but on a big one you do, well I only have one question. What is the threshold at which you need to indicate? Should I be stopping at a roundabout and getting out a measuring tape so I know for certain whether or not I need to indicate when going straight?

That is why you don't indicate, because on a small roundabout it is dangerous to do so, and on a large roundabout it is annoying. I cannot see any circumstances where not indicating right when going straight on will cause a crash.
  • Options
    Can i just say hardly anyone indicates on any roundabout large or small. Practically everyone turns into a complete arsenal the moment they sit behind the wheel.

Let's agree to disagree. An amusing thread has turned into a rant.
  • Options
    Agreeing to disagree really annoys me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Agreeing to disagree really annoys me.

I agree.
  • Options
    In southern Afghanistan the habit has developed over the years of all vehicles putting on their hazard warning lights at roundabouts and crossroads to show they intend to carry straight on.
    Sadly, the MOT examination is, shall we say, less stringent than elsewhere in the world meaning almost every vehicle has missing/blown bulbs in one indicator.
    Thus road users are clueless about directions vehicles will turn in.
    Is the left indicator blown so he is going straight on, is he actually turning right or is he a twat on a roundabout indicating right to go straight on.
    This leads to all sorts of fun and games.
    And accidents
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Agreeing to disagree really annoys me.

I agree.

I disagree but i'll agree to disagree. ;)