Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    arny23394 said:
    People and business' calling Macaroni Cheese "Mac n Cheese". Just do one...  
    I think it depends on American or Italian origin.
    Macaroni Cheese isn’t eaten in Italy. 

What do they do with it then?
    Mac N Cheeze
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    arny23394 said:
    Macaroni Cheese isn’t eaten in Italy. 

What do they do with it then?
    They use it as sun cream
  • Options
    People allowing children/babies to sit on dogs followed by comments “how cute is that” ffs
    Maybe they won’t be as quick to comment on the child with the side of its face ripped open and another dog is destroyed. 😡
  • Options
    I am just on about what we call it in the UK canters. It's Macaroni Cheese. 

• Options

Doesn’t matter where you are in the world, it should be called “An Abomination.” Awful stuff.
  • Options

Doesn’t matter where you are in the world, it should be called “An Abomination.” Awful stuff.
    Great for your skin though
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    People allowing children/babies to sit on dogs followed by comments “how cute is that” ffs
    Maybe they won’t be as quick to comment on the child with the side of its face ripped open and another dog is destroyed. 😡
    Absolutely correct,people who have pets should be very aware that just like humans they can get suddenly pissed off and react badly,just look at the damage a small cat can do if it gets irritated and lashes out.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Absolutely correct,people who have pets should be very aware that just like humans they can get suddenly pissed off and react badly,just look at the damage a small cat can do if it gets irritated and lashes out.
    Not forgetting dogs are experts are hiding the fact they are I’ll/uncomfortable, when I’m grooming our dogs if a catch a small knot in their coat with a rake they’ll turn and remind me that hurt. So a child would have no chance, I’m fed up reading “it’s never done that before”
    The child pays a price, but the dog pays with its life just people can get a photo. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Not forgetting dogs are experts are hiding the fact they are I’ll/uncomfortable, when I’m grooming our dogs if a catch a small knot in their coat with a rake they’ll turn and remind me that hurt. So a child would have no chance, I’m fed up reading “it’s never done that before”
    The child pays a price, but the dog pays with its life just people can get a photo. 🤷‍♂️

"He won't hurt you"
    "He only wants to play"
    "He's never done that before"

If I had a penny....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never thought I would be envious of Prince Andrew.

40celsius and doesn't sweat.  Ooh you lucky bastard.

• Options
    Never thought I would be envious of Prince Andrew.

40celsius and doesn't sweat.  Ooh you lucky bastard.

What's he doing to you?
  • Options
    Boomers getting a bad press just for being born in a certain time line.  

To make matters worse I've just read Jane Fryer's guide to emojis and what they really represent.  It has become evident to me that younger generations are rounding on us to give us a right old kicking.  I mean, who'd have thought by simply attaching an aubergine to an invitation, to munch on your lovingly prepared Moussaka, would really indicate an impressive manhood and an invitation to hot sex?  Smiley, friendly, winky face anybody?  Fellow Boomers do not send this emoji!

I was always of the impression that us Boomers were the champions of irony, sarcasm, the double entendre and general leg pulling.  A clever old fashioned form of language that has been misconstrued by younger generations into some kind of terrible bullying 'ism - when really it was mostly meant as a gentle leg pull - often with a degree of humour and warmth.

Now it seems - all the while - younger generations have been forming this emoji code to trip us up.  There are apparently 3,633 officially recognised emojis and approximately 10 billion are sent each day.  Watch out for the new ones too.  There's soon to be a shaking face that we Boomers will be told represents shock reactions to indicate excessive movement, such as during an earthquake.  However generations X,Y and Zee have already planned some far more fruity meaning, probably to embarrass us old ones and make us look stupid.   It's a minefield fellow Boomers, be careful out there!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11026359/JANE-FRYERs-guide-emojis-represent-younger-people-avoid-confusion.html

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Vuvuzelas at the cricket ... or anywhere else for that matter.
    https://youtu.be/bKCIFXqhLzo
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Boomers getting a bad press just for being born in a certain time line.  

To make matters worse I've just read Jane Fryer's guide to emojis and what they really represent.  It has become evident to me that younger generations are rounding on us to give us a right old kicking.  I mean, who'd have thought by simply attaching an aubergine to an invitation, to munch on your lovingly prepared Moussaka, would really indicate an impressive manhood and an invitation to hot sex?  Smiley, friendly, winky face anybody?  Fellow Boomers do not send this emoji!

I was always of the impression that us Boomers were the champions of irony, sarcasm, the double entendre and general leg pulling.  A clever old fashioned form of language that has been misconstrued by younger generations into some kind of terrible bullying 'ism - when really it was mostly meant as a gentle leg pull - often with a degree of humour and warmth.

Now it seems - all the while - younger generations have been forming this emoji code to trip us up.  There are apparently 3,633 officially recognised emojis and approximately 10 billion are sent each day.  Watch out for the new ones too.  There's soon to be a shaking face that we Boomers will be told represents shock reactions to indicate excessive movement, such as during an earthquake.  However generations X,Y and Zee have already planned some far more fruity meaning, probably to embarrass us old ones and make us look stupid.   It's a minefield fellow Boomers, be careful out there!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11026359/JANE-FRYERs-guide-emojis-represent-younger-people-avoid-confusion.html

Read a few months back that if you use full stops in a text it can mean insincerity.
  • Options
    Vuvuzelas at the cricket ... or anywhere else for that matter.
    https://youtu.be/3cS1lhSmP_M
  • Options
    People who call themselves Patriots. Seems to be a bit of a fashion of late. 
    I know exactly what they mean and I'm half sure they do it to get a rise out of us lefties.
  • Options
    People who call themselves Patriots. Seems to be a bit of a fashion of late. 
    I know exactly what they mean and I'm half sure they do it to get a rise out of us lefties.
    Are they not just NFL fans?
  • Options
    Delivery companies taking a photo of your feet and open door etc the minute you open your door to get a parcel.

I can understand why it's done with people saying items weren't delivered etc, but it's weird and invasive, especially given they basically do it without asking or telling you they are doing it.

Imagine what you'd say to a random without a parcel who knocked on your door and as soon as you opened the door they were taking a photo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they could be anyone's feet though
  • Options
    I normally charge the foot fetishism websites a fortune too, for the photos of these bad boys.

It's not right the delivery companies get them for free.
  • Options
    they could be anyone's feet though
    In which case you have some explaining to do when your Wife sees the picture Dave!!
  • Options
    It's even weirder when you take in a parcel for your neighbour.

So you're going to take a photo on the sly of my feet and send them to Sharon at number 46?  What?!
  • Options

If you are self conscious regarding your feet. Simply avoid embarrassment by offering a pic of another appendage of your body.
  • Options
    We know our drivers quite well now and they take a photo of the parcel on the doorstep and then the dogs at the windows. 
    He told me that his boss had challenged him about so I gave him this photo to use, the boss is ok now. 😉

• Options
    The bbc, women’s EUFA  football. when there’s a substitute the player out and player in nonsense. 

• Options
    edited July 2022
    This Sky ad about it's only live once.

If that's the case then stop showing action replays, shots of a manager waving his arms around/writing notes while the game is going on.

They missed Naby's og at Wembley because they were showing a replay of a nothing shot by a Sunderland player.