Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    This Sky ad about it's only live once.

If that's the case then stop showing action replays, shots of a manager waving his arms around/writing notes while the game is going on.

They missed Naby's og at Wembley because they were showing a replay of a nothing shot by a Sunderland player. 
    They cant have control of the coverage at times so am happy to let them off a little bit.

But the French Grand Prix on Sunday was ridiculous - There must have been an endless amount of overtakes in the first seven laps, how many did we actually get to see... ZERO... Understandably they were showing the fight at the front between Leclerc / Verstappen

But this is where they almost need picture in picture where the replays get shown, with the live Sport still visible in the corner - I mean the technology is surely there, so why arent they using it?
  • Options
    When people use the expression 'God Bless' my sister uses it a lot drives me nuts.

I'm an atheist I don't believe in god nor do I need anyone saying that to me, as if it makes a difference. WTF!
  • Options
    When people use the expression 'God Bless' my sister uses it a lot drives me nuts.

I'm an atheist I don't believe in god nor do I need anyone saying that to me, as if it makes a difference. WTF!

I know what you mean. Not a religious person myself but one of my favorite sayings does have God in it. "By the grace of God go I" 
  • Options
    edited August 2022

I know what you mean. Not a religious person myself but one of my favorite sayings does have God in it. "By the grace of God go I" 
    Interesting as well the AA serenity prayer mentions God but it's a god of our own choosing, mine was always my dog at the time because dog is god backwards.

But to be honest I don't really like any expression that includes god, as if he/she exists.
  • Options
    My daughter had to phone 111 on behalf of her 6 year old daughter.  They said they'd arrange for an ambulance.   An hour later the paramedics called, they thought it fairly urgent she was seen face to face, but assessed it would take 3 hours 45 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.

This isn't the back of beyond, this is Bexley 2022.
  • Options
    My daughter had to phone 111 on behalf of her 6 year old daughter.  They said they'd arrange for an ambulance.   An hour later the paramedics called, they thought it fairly urgent she was seen face to face, but assessed it would take 3 hours 45 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.

took 3 hours for an ambulance to arrive after my dad had a significant fall. this was a month ago. 

on the other hand it took half an hour for an ambulance for myself during lockdown. may 2020. 
  • Options

Doesn't have the same cache/ ring to it as 'Beverley Hills 90210' does it !

(I jest of course. The response time is just unacceptable.)
  • Options
    Dipshit householders laying paving slabs down the side of the house too high thereby bridging the dpc and causing damp to come through the wall.
    I wouldn't mind but after the idiots did this, they sold the house to me.
  • Options
    Wasps,this must be the most useless,vicious living species on earth,just putting some rubbish out when this striped bastard flew the length of my garden just to sting me.Totally pointless,I was no threat to it,and just going about my business.
  • Options
    Yeah wasps are scum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Wasps do give a fig.
  • Options
    Have picked up this thread and jumped straight to the so apologies if it’s already been done but the singing of Sweet Caroline really gets on my tits.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Dipshit householders laying paving slabs down the side of the house too high thereby bridging the dpc and causing damp to come through the wall.
    You would think there must be some way you could get someone to survey the house to look for problems like this before you bought it. Would solve a lot of problems 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    You would think there must be some way you could get someone to survey the house to look for problems like this before you bought it. Would solve a lot of problems 
    Things may have changed somewhat since I last had a survey done (donkeys years ago), but I recall unless you pay an absolute fortune they tell you how big the rooms are (like you don't have a tape measure) and that from the ground the roof tiles and eves look okay, but if they are wrong, they have no responsibility for that... Or anything else they say that might be wrong or they don't notice.      
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:

I did. Money would have been much better used to mend the things the incompetent idiot didnt spot.
  • Options
    My missus has started saying ‘Hells Bells’ when things either go wrong or if something happens that shocks/surprises her - it irritates me so much 🤣
  • Options
    Couldnt agree more.
    Report full of stock phrases such as "the property has a flat roof, funds should be set aside for periodic replacement". Cheers for that, Einstein. Strangely enough, the things he did point out I've never bothered with, so minor were they.
    I spotted a few things when viewing the property which that plank didn't even include. I found a lot more after i moved in, several of them pretty obvious. I will never use a building surveyor again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Grrrr! Retractable dog leads and owners who think they can control their dogs when they let them out. Like the moron who pressed the button on hers this morning on seeing Skip, her dog completely bypassed ours and started jumping up at our 8 year old granddaughter instead.  Makes my fucking blood boil.
    A week of hard work with her and Skip possibly down the drain now. Let's hope not.

• Options
    Once again a gang of yobs found guilty of murder ,10 of these disgusting objects attacked and knifed a lone boy.The user of the knife got 17 years,he will be out when he is 35.Why do we not give out sentences that put these horrible bastards behind bars for 30-40 years.
  • Options
    Like in America where they get 200 years and eligible for parole after 100.
  • Options
    The same people who spend all day every day on the Summer 2022 Transfer Rumour Thread.
  • Options
    Once again a gang of yobs found guilty of murder ,10 of these disgusting objects attacked and knifed a lone boy.The user of the knife got 17 years,he will be out when he is 35.Why do we not give out sentences that put these horrible bastards behind bars for 30-40 years.
    I felt the same after reading the article below, killed three driving a lorry while browsing and spending money on dating sites on his mobile.

Got 8 years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-59951710
  • Options
    I felt the same after reading the article below, killed three driving a lorry while browsing and spending money on dating sites on his mobile.

Got 8 years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-59951710
    Ah but he's been disqualified for driving for 14 years and five months as well

So six years after being released, he'll be allowed to get behind a wheel again... Nah jog on!!
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Like in America where they get 200 years and eligible for parole after 100.
    Yep that would do me.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Cyclists.

Specifically those in the Greenwich Foot Tunnel despite copious notices stating No Cycling!

It seems to me that many cyclists have a similar sense of entitlement as the 'he's only playing' type of bad dog owners who allow their animal to indiscriminately leap at people who don't welcome the attention of dogs.
    I thought they’d made it ok to cycle in the pissy smell tunnel now?