Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Weather apps, absolutely useless.

How can the weather change that much in an hour that previously forecast rain has now miraculously disappeared?
  • Options
    Been burnt off by the sun.
  • Options
    Not having that.

My theory is that they forecast rain to put people off going to the beach or similar, so that we stay indoors and use more gas and electricity. 
  • Options
    Auto Correct on Phones and tablets. Nine times out of ten it corrects things from right to wrong. For example ‘ducking’ is a real word, but I suspect most people will use it less than a hundred times in their lifetime. If someone starts a similar word with the letter f, what is the likelihood they meant to use a d instead. Absolute ducking madness and if I ever catch up with the banker responsible for this ship I’ll cut his ducking pollocks off.
    Punts 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Not having that.

My theory is that they forecast rain to put people off going to the beach or similar, so that we stay indoors and use more gas and electricity. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5oX-8TbQhk0

• Options

Here in SW France we’re also suffering under the heat.
    our two normally get taken out 3 times a day, but we have reduced this now to early morning and evening.
    They have both been to the Vet this year to have dried grass seeds removed from between their toes. The grass seeds become very hard and when the dogs walk on them they burrow into the soft skin in between and because they have hooks can break off when you try to remove and become infected. At €140-€200/operation we’ve resorted to these funky boots to keep their paws and our CC safe and sound.
    That seems relatively well priced compared to private vets here! If we followed our corporate  “grass seed removal” template, you’d be looking at roughly £4-500 at least. Did they do them under sedation or local nerve block do you know?

Weird fact, grass seeds can penetrate blood vessels and I’ve seen a case of one entering at the paw and tracking all the way to the heart. 
    The ones he’s had in his feet have been done under a local, but the one he had in his nose had be done under sedation.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    The shambles that is HMRC makes yet another appearance on this thread. Letter from them received this morning stating that they have reviewed the calculation of my income tax for the year 2017/2018 (why now?*) and found that it is wrong. A tax calculation based on my online self assessment return, with the tax calculated by HMRC's very own system. They are, apparently, very sorry about this mistake (which they do not describe).
    If they owe me a refund and I claimed a repayment in my 17/18 SA return I do not need to do anything. My 17/18 SA return is no longer visible in my online tax account online and I cant quite remember if I ticked that box or not - probably, why wouldnt I, but cant be sure.
    If I didnt claim a repayment, I can still claim a refund using my online account. They do not describe how this might be achieved given I cannot access my return for that year, per above. Happily, if I have any questions I can write to them.
    Useless. Bunch. Of. Bastards.

* I suspect because they've found lots and lots of others that are also wrong
    You don't need to see the 17/18 Return. Just go onto your account and check current position and "Tax Years". You will be able to see if there is an overpayment and if so you will be able to claim it on line under "claim a repayment". 
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:
    IdleHans said:
    The shambles that is HMRC makes yet another appearance on this thread. Letter from them received this morning stating that they have reviewed the calculation of my income tax for the year 2017/2018 (why now?*) and found that it is wrong. A tax calculation based on my online self assessment return, with the tax calculated by HMRC's very own system. They are, apparently, very sorry about this mistake (which they do not describe).
    If they owe me a refund and I claimed a repayment in my 17/18 SA return I do not need to do anything. My 17/18 SA return is no longer visible in my online tax account online and I cant quite remember if I ticked that box or not - probably, why wouldnt I, but cant be sure.
    If I didnt claim a repayment, I can still claim a refund using my online account. They do not describe how this might be achieved given I cannot access my return for that year, per above. Happily, if I have any questions I can write to them.

You don't need to see the 17/18 Return. Just go onto your account and check current position and "Tax Years". You will be able to see if there is an overpayment and if so you will be able to claim it on line under "claim a repayment". 
    Cheers, @JWADDICK, that worked! Not life changing, but it'll pay for my match ticket and a few points tonight.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The squeaky noise my flip flops make when wet feet are in them and walking around the pool
    Flip flops for everyday use.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    JWADDICK said:
    IdleHans said:

Cheers, @JWADDICK, that worked! Not life changing, but it'll pay for my match ticket and a few points tonight.

can't be too bad if it's enough to bribe the officials !

a few points o' the guinness, to be sure
  • Options
    Gobshite egomaniac business owners all quick with the cheesy smiles and photo ops who sack off valuable staff on the cheap and get some underling to do it
    Coward
    Fuckwit
  • Options
    Sky Sports News has featured a Transfer Window countdown in the corner of the screen all summer.
    why does it need to be so accurate it’s displayed down to the centisecond?

does my head in every time I turn the channel on.
  • Options
    Not being at a game when Charlton play a blinder! 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    JWADDICK said:

No worries, my invoice is in the post. ;)
  • Options
    Airport car parking has definitely gone up in price since the pandemic.

I've been keeping an eye on it in the last month or so (Gatwick) and it's fluctuated between £139 and £159 for a ten day stay at a park and ride, leaving this Saturday. My details remain saved in the system in terms of dates.

I've gone on the website today and it's £487 and that's with a 10% email discount. In what universe is that justified ffs?

Supply and demand?

It's annoyed me no end but I'm not bothered as we're now getting a lift to the airport and cabbing it back.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Airport car parking has definitely gone up in price since the pandemic.

I've been keeping an eye on it in the last month or so (Gatwick) and it's fluctuated between £139 and £159 for a ten day stay at a park and ride, leaving this Saturday. My details remain saved in the system in terms of dates.

I've gone on the website today and it's £487 and that's with a 10% email discount. In what universe is that justified ffs?

Supply and demand?

It's annoyed me no end but I'm not bothered as we're now getting a lift to the airport and cabbing it back.
    Used the Heathrow Long Stay Car Park last month for a work trip. No complaints, although glad my employer was footing the bill. However, I also investigated some of the valet parking options and some of the non-official parking firms - on reading a few reviews, unbelievable how many customers returned home to find their cars with an extra 200 miles on the clock, or covered in mud, or with an empty petrol tank when it had been left nearly full, etc. Appears to be a bit of a cowboy business.
  • Options
    ...you can now add golf swings to the list of prattish behaviour. Grrr...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People who ... My son who never quite closes a drawer.  It might be a half inch, a quarter inch or on a good day one eighth.  Generally speaking I kick it shut in about a nano second ... but if you add up all those nano seconds ...  :/  
  • Options
    You want to stick his head in the drawer while closing it, that'll learn him.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The chime sound in Windows when you come up against an error, or when the computer freezes on you.

I know the damned thing is broken

Now stop with your annoying bing every time I click the mouse - Yes I know I can turn it off in settings, but not on my work laptop
  • Options
    Dog owners.
    I know there's a few of them on here but there is a certain type that think it's ok for their dog to jump up at strangers i.e me.

Dog seems alright but the owners believe that every person is a fan of dogs. I'm not. These same people then pass their time talking about dogs and expect me to give a shit.
     Reminds me of people talking about their kids. I don't care.

I could go on but from experience I know this can be a sore subject, told one couple in the bulls head to get their dog of my seat, they, yes they, got offended. 
    Boo Hiss;)

If you've got a minute let me tell you about my dog, I swear you'll be in......
  • Options
    People who don't get their fare cards out until they're on the bus or at the barrier and then start searching in their bags holding everyone up!
  • Options
    People who don't get their fare cards out until they're on the bus or at the barrier and then start searching in their bags holding everyone up!
    I think it’s disgraceful you can’t pay by cash in a bus I mean what is the world coming to.

Also where are the bus conductors for the boris buses so that I can jump on and off? Hi he back doors are always shut which is inconvenient as as I generally used them to avoid a beating for insulting gang members on the bus, should I send my medical bills to Boris? The Ken livingstone bendy buses (probably not ordered by him) were good for fare evasion.