Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When you give way to an oncoming car, turns out to be some super duper high powered car and they flash the lights which turn out to be the most powerful blinding halogen whatever and you can't see for a few seconds after.Thanks 
    I'm quite a big fan of this new trend of cars that automatically turn off high beam when they detect another vehicle
  • I get annoyed taking in parcels for my neighbours especially AMAZON. That creep Bezos is wasting money on space shots and I'm doing unpaid work for him. His business would suffer if it wasn't for neighbours taking in parcels, he would have to re-deliver. All because I want to be a good neighbour. Pay some  tax you .......
  • Fumbluff said:
    clb74 said:
    50 weeks till Christmas and I'm watching Christmas adverts
    ??
    Presumably he means days.
  • When you give way to an oncoming car, turns out to be some super duper high powered car and they flash the lights which turn out to be the most powerful blinding halogen whatever and you can't see for a few seconds after.Thanks 
    I'm quite a big fan of this new trend of cars that automatically turn off high beam when they detect another vehicle
    I only realised ours did this the other week when we were driving down country lanes in Norfolk and they turned themselves off when oncoming cars were detected.
  • Phil Neville landing a job as head coach of the Portland Timbers.

How the hell does this guy get jobs?
  • Phil Neville landing a job as head coach of the Portland Timbers.

How the hell does this guy get jobs?

Because he has played for England and they are the Portland Timbers...
  • School... For sending my Son home, with him claiming that he's unwell

They've checked his temp, apparently it was around 38 and going up

I've got him home, and he's basically dancing around the Living Room, living the life of Larry, with a normal temp every time I've checked him- Little bugger is 5-years old, and he's played everyone like a fiddle :D

Annoyingly this will no doubt count against him at the end of the year, when he is off school for genuine sick reasons - and we'll end up with the classic letter complaining that he's not been in school enough.

When instead it was the bloody School who insisted he got collected... Not the parent!!
  • edited November 2023
    School... For sending my Son home, with him claiming that he's unwell

I've got him home, and he's basically dancing around the Living Room, living the life of Larry, with a normal temp every time I've checked him- Little bugger is 5-years old, and he's played everyone like a fiddle :D

Annoyingly this will no doubt count against him at the end of the year, when he is off school for genuine sick reasons - and we'll end up with the classic letter complaining that he's not been in school enough.

When instead it was the bloody School who insisted he got collected... Not the parent!!
    When I was at school, I was playing rugby and I managed to score a try but as I put the ball down one of the opposing players clattered right into me knocking me unconscious. As I woke a few seconds later I asked could I go see the nurse? My PE teacher was not impressed but he had to let me go. So I started to gradually walk back holding my head which was beginning to gush with blood whilst my PE teacher called after me that I was being a wuss. I was only 12. 
  • Sponsored links:

When I was at school, I was playing rugby and I managed to score a try but as I put the ball down one of the opposing players clattered right into me knocking me unconscious. As I woke a few seconds later I asked could I go see the nurse? My PE teacher was not impressed but he had to let me go. So I started to gradually walk back holding my head which was beginning to gush with blood whilst my PE teacher called after me that I was being a wuss. I was only 12. 
    Was Lee Bowyer your PE Teacher?
    similar but worse. Bloke was a complete fucking lunatic, all our PE teachers were. Kind of people who wear shorts year round. All taught maths as well. Shows why I was shite at PE and maths. looking back on it reminds me of the film Kes. 
    This wasn't even that long ago. Mid to late 90s. 

Sounds familiar. My PE teacher once threw a basketball in my face at point black range because he perceived that I want paying attention. Got violent with a few people over the years. Also, always took a keen interest in making sure everyone had a shower after the lesson. Got sacked for growing his own weed and started a gardening firm. 

A c#%t.

similar but worse. Bloke was a complete fucking lunatic, all our PE teachers were. Kind of people who wear shorts year round. All taught maths as well. Shows why I was shite at PE and maths. looking back on it reminds me of the film Kes. 

Were they all Welsh? We had a few Mr Jones, Mr Davies, Mr Lewis.......
  • BBC news not putting a scale on any maps they show, for example of conflict zones. I expect other news channels are just as bad, but cant be bothered to check facts.
  • iaitch said:
    School... For sending my Son home, with him claiming that he's unwell

Were they all Welsh? We had a few Mr Jones, Mr Davies, Mr Lewis.......
    We had Mr Edwards who was a Swansea fan. He used to love a bit of banter with the kids in our class, most of whom were West Ham. I kept quiet. There was also Mr Burns who was the spit of Derek Hales. The pair of them kept a huge butter pat in their office which occasionally wheeled out, engraved with the words, "the heat for the seat".
  • IdleHans said:
    BBC news not putting a scale on any maps they show, for example of conflict zones. I expect other news channels are just as bad, but cant be bothered to check facts.
    I remember Shetland islanders campaigned long and hard to have themselves unboxed,  They're a 12 hour sailing from the mainland and they went everyone to know it.  Map makers can now no longer save paper on the blue bit.

Before

After

One of experiences  of the 1970’s. I broke my nose playing rugby at school, claret all over my face, hands and kit but once the bleeding slowed down I was back on playing flanker smearing blood over anyone who touched me. Nobody, me included, thought there was anything wrong this, quite the opposite more like. I think your leg would have to be backwards before you could be considered to be injured enough to sit out the rest of the game. 
    I can’t even remember my parents being concerned apart from my dad giving my nose a check by squeezing it. 

• I don’t think we knew what salad was when I was growing up. 

Now it seems it gets served with every f*cking thing even stuff it shouldn’t. Fish and Chips for instance, cakes etc.,

Now, this morning, on my cornflakes, well, not quite but almost. FFS.
  • I don’t think we knew what salad was when I was growing up. 

Now it seems it gets served with every f*cking thing even stuff it shouldn’t. Fish and Chips for instance, cakes etc.,

Now, this morning, on my cornflakes, well, not quite but almost. FFS.

Bloody well true!😹
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    The new 20 mph zone that seems to cover most of London. 

Why is it that man invents things to better ones life only for someone to want to undo it all. 

20 mph is no faster than a horse & coach would go 200 years ago. But here we are, in 21st Century London, and we all have to travel at a snail's pace just because the Mayor wants a legacy. 

The traffic in London is bad.....and cars idling and crawling along only adds to the pollutants in the air. 

Thank you Mr Khan for another haibrained scheme. 

Aaaaaarrghhhh.
    20MPH is all over the shop, no need to pretend it is unique to Khan for political reasons, Golfie.

Not saying that I am a fan of it by the way, just things need to be thought about.

Some stats I found. 

The chance of a pedestrian surviving

If you hit a pedestrian they have a much greater chance of surviving if your speed is lower.

If you hit a pedestrian:

• at 40 mph there is a 90 percent chance they will be killed.
    • at 35 mph there is a 50 percent chance they will be killed.
    • at 30 mph there is a 20 percent chance they will be killed.
    • at 20 mph there is a 2.5 percent chance they will be killed.
    And presumably you also have more chance of not being hit in the first place.
    There seem to be quite a few articles online saying lower speed limits have increased the number of accidents. 
  • arny23394 said:
    I’m sure it’s been on here before, but people who crowd around a train door when it comes into a station. Just let me off the train you morons.
    I just steam through them, with my rucksack slung over my shoulder, to cause maximum inconvenience to them.
  • edited November 2023
    Solidgone said:
    People wearing backpacks on pack trains/lifts. Inconsiderate bastards!
    I know that some of these people will be tourists but the amount of times I've been on a packed tube and there will be one fuckwit with a ridiculously large size backpack on his shoulders with so much stuff in it you would think he has come prepared for an exhibition up Mt Everest and not just taking a short journey on the district line to south Kensington. 
  • Macronate said:
    10:49 back from Charing Cross to Barnehurst last night; absolute freak show.

Poor girl in the seat in front of me drugged up to the eyeballs, singing periodically about Shankley, Paisley and Liverpool before getting off at Kidbrooke.

Bloke who sat next to my wife and proceeded to eat a packet of crisps with such ferocity and noise that I thought he was going to eat his hand as well. Then proceeded to polish off what looked like an egg sandwich, all washed down with a small bottle of coke, which he took great care to replace back in his jacket pocket after each mouthful. And then when the train starts to empty out as we get past Eltham, and by this time, there's plenty of spare two seaters available, he elects not to move to his own area of privacy, the absolute weirdo.

And to my right and behind, normal looking bloke in his twenties or thirties, guzzling down his McDonalds like food was about to become extinct before proceeding to unleash a volley of burps with absolutely no thought given to those in the vicinity.

And to cap it, the train was one of the stuffiest I've ever been on, even though it was cold outside, as there was no frigging windows to open.
    Bexleyheath line, enough said.
  • arny23394 said:
    I’m sure it’s been on here before, but people who crowd around a train door when it comes into a station. Just let me off the train you morons.
    Even though there are posters and anouncements saying allow people off first. 
  • Macronate said:
    10:49 back from Charing Cross to Barnehurst last night; absolute freak show.

Poor girl in the seat in front of me drugged up to the eyeballs, singing periodically about Shankley, Paisley and Liverpool before getting off at Kidbrooke.

Bloke who sat next to my wife and proceeded to eat a packet of crisps with such ferocity and noise that I thought he was going to eat his hand as well. Then proceeded to polish off what looked like an egg sandwich, all washed down with a small bottle of coke, which he took great care to replace back in his jacket pocket after each mouthful. And then when the train starts to empty out as we get past Eltham, and by this time, there's plenty of spare two seaters available, he elects not to move to his own area of privacy, the absolute weirdo.

And to my right and behind, normal looking bloke in his twenties or thirties, guzzling down his McDonalds like food was about to become extinct before proceeding to unleash a volley of burps with absolutely no thought given to those in the vicinity.

And to cap it, the train was one of the stuffiest I've ever been on, even though it was cold outside, as there was no frigging windows to open.
    Bexleyheath line, enough said.
    I thought that was the posh one, try Abbey Wood!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!