Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The fat kid next door getting a recorder.

Actually, no, the recorder is fine and he's a kid, I'm annoyed with his dickhead of of Dad for not suggesting he's now got Jingle Bells down pretty well, and a few hours yesterday and an hour this morning is probably more than enough practice.

• Remember when I was a young teenager learning the clarinet, not being able to play by ear (don't be silly), I had to rehearse it bit by bit, remembering it as I went. I shut myself in the garage so as not to annoy anyone, I never got any complaints. I managed to learn Stranger On The Shore, which was a big hit at the time
  • Harrow said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Why do the smoke alarm batteries only start giving up in middle of night? 

Got 8 wired in alarms but I swear, every time the back up batteries start running out and the unit starts beeping every 30 seconds it’s in the middle of the night 
    It’s because the battery voltage drops when they get cold, just keep the heating on all night, simple.
    Or light a fire under it. 🤪
  • ross1 said:
    Remember when I was a young teenager learning the clarinet, not being able to play by ear (don't be silly), I had to rehearse it bit by bit, remembering it as I went. I shut myself in the garage so as not to annoy anyone, I never got any complaints. I managed to learn Stranger On The Shore, which was a big hit at the time
    I think the kid got it after the first 100 times, the other 900 times this weekend seem like overkill.
  • edited November 2023
    Just to go back to the bidet chat on here, discovering a pile while using said bidet isn’t a fun experience 
  • Gribbo said:
    3rd night of these pissing fireworks and 3rd noght of both dogs being in a complete mess.

Can't believe in 2023, people still get excited about em. Once you;ve seen one, you've seen them all ffs
    You’re talking about the dogs right
  • Just to go back to the bidet chat on here, discovering a pile while using said bidet isn’t a fun experience 
    Agree, a real pain in the arse 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to go back to the bidet chat on here, discovering a pile while using said bidet isn’t a fun experience 
    Better than finding one when you're lubing up
  • Gribbo said:
    Just to go back to the bidet chat on here, discovering a pile while using said bidet isn’t a fun experience 
    Better than finding one when you're lubing up
    Just don’t forget the safe word 
  • edited November 2023
    MrWalker said:
    Arseholes who bring speakers to the beach thinking we all want to hear their shocking choice of Reggaeton.

Luckily they are in competition with utterly selfish scum who have their phones on max volume whilst they watch banal 3 minute videos with the accompanying shyte soundtrack.

Way to spoil nature's beauty you utter cockbadgers
    I've been known to get involved in people's phone calls.
    Especially if people are facetiming.
    A bloke in the club once his phone call was on hold and he had his phone on loud speaker.
    We had racing on the tele and i gradually turned the tele up to full volume.
    By the time his call was answered he had to tell the other person he'd need to go outside because it was too noisy where he was.
  • clb74 said:
    MrWalker said:
    Arseholes who bring speakers to the beach thinking we all want to hear their shocking choice of Reggaeton.

Luckily they are in competition with utterly selfish scum who have their phones on max volume whilst they watch banal 3 minute videos with the accompanying shyte soundtrack.

A bloke in the club once his phone call was on hold and he had his phone on loud speaker.
    By the time his call was answered he had to tell the other person he'd need to go outside because it was too noisy where he was.
    Nice one.
    Loudly answering other people's phone questions on my regular commute is surprisingly satisfying.
  • clb74 said:
    MrWalker said:

Had a bloke on a train back from up north sitting on a work video call for ages, full volume, annoying the whole carriage.

Then the guy opposite stood up, moved round and got his face onto the screen behind the guy and started waving, big cheery smile, saying hello to everyone.  Call soon ended.

Absolute hero.
    Done that a few times.
    When they give you the look of what you doing.
    I reply if I've got to listen to your phone call I might aswell join in.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    MrWalker said:

Had a bloke on a train back from up north sitting on a work video call for ages, full volume, annoying the whole carriage.

Then the guy opposite stood up, moved round and got his face onto the screen behind the guy and started waving, big cheery smile, saying hello to everyone.  Call soon ended.

Absolute hero.
    Done that a few times.
    When they give you the look of what you doing.
    I reply if I've got to listen to your phone call I might aswell join in.
    Exactly what happened if I remember rightly!!

I don't mind the odd 5 minute call in a long train journey etc, it's when people decide they need to kill two, three hours so will spend the whole time on the phone.  Loudly.
  • The messages I've been getting this morning:
    • CVPM never folded last night
    • Fine Margins
    • You crease me up
    • Charlton lacked spine
    • Couldn't punch a hole in their defence
    • Take a leaf out of their book
  • Can't avoid it wherever you go though.
    I'm 50 next year the wife mentioned about going out for a meal, would be about 12 of us.
    No chance I said.
    Spend hundreds of pounds on a meal and more than likely spend half the time listening to some 3 year old watching Peppa pig.
    Just come back off a cruise.
    One day round the pool had to listen to one old girl watching coronation street.
    What made me laugh is she couldn't of enjoyed watching it because she had to sit there with a towel over her head and ipad because the sun was shining

• Sponsored links:

• Generally everytime Charlie “Shirker” Kirk pulls on a Charlton shirt..
  • clb74 said:
    Can't avoid it wherever you go though.
    I'm 50 next year the wife mentioned about going out for a meal, would be about 12 of us.
    No chance I said.
    Spend hundreds of pounds on a meal and more than likely spend half the time listening to some 3 year old watching Peppa pig.
    One day round the pool had to listen to one old girl watching coronation street.
    What made me laugh is she couldn't of enjoyed watching it because she had to sit there with a towel over her head and ipad because the sun was shining

We live in such a weird time for such obviously anti-social and inconsiderate behaviour like that. And I guarantee if you had made the reasonable request the old c#$t put a pair of headphones on you would have found yourself in an argument. 

I must have mentioned it before but I'll mention it again, people, any people who think it's totally OK to sit on shoulders at a live music event. 
  • Carter said:
    clb74 said:
    Can't avoid it wherever you go though.
    No chance I said.

We live in such a weird time for such obviously anti-social and inconsiderate behaviour like that. And I guarantee if you had made the reasonable request the old c#$t put a pair of headphones on you would have found yourself in an argument. 

I must have mentioned it before but I'll mention it again, people, any people who think it's totally OK to sit on shoulders at a live music event. 
    they lose the right not to be coined 
  • I've got some weird form of hearing difficulty when multiple people are talking to me, for example if I'm in a busy pub and someone is speaking to me I have to concentrate so hard on hearing them I give myself a headache. One of my mates children has a clear and obvious case of entitleditis and will scream and create whenever a boundary is encountered, boundaries such as bedtime, mealtimes, then a tablet is produced to sate him, the same behaviour will follow when he is asked to turn the volume off. Cut a long story short I sit and eat in silence as I cant be arsed getting into an argument about bad parenting with someone who clearly doesn't care 
  • Harrow said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Why do the smoke alarm batteries only start giving up in middle of night? 

Got 8 wired in alarms but I swear, every time the back up batteries start running out and the unit starts beeping every 30 seconds it’s in the middle of the night 
    It’s because the battery voltage drops when they get cold, just keep the heating on all night, simple.
    You need a good wood burning fire!
  • Charlie Kirk and his bird
  • edited November 2023
    Bowyer charged by a loose dog just 10 minutes ago, turned him around to let him defend himself should it bypass my boot, the dog thought better of it because it was now facing the sharp end. 
    The charging dog ran into the road causing a car to mount the pavement almost certainly causing causing damage to his tracking.
    Apparently the owner didn't expect someone with a dog to walking by his front door when he opened it!
  • 50 weeks till Christmas and I'm watching Christmas adverts
  • When you give way to an oncoming car, turns out to be some super duper high powered car and they flash the lights which turn out to be the most powerful blinding halogen whatever and you can't see for a few seconds after.Thanks 
  • clb74 said:
    50 weeks till Christmas and I'm watching Christmas adverts
    ??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!