Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• ross1 said:
    Being born in Charlton with Charlton fan parents
    I know the feeling well,  was living in chislehurst and my mum said to me “get on a 161 and go to Charlton “. I had loads of clubs to pick from I was conned by the convince of a bus and a mother that didn’t want me to go to Millwall. 
  • ‘Do you mind if we watch the Grand Prix?’

’Of course not’

Spends all of it looking at his fecking iPad ffs 🤔🙄👿
  • McBobbin said:
    They've got Japanese style bogs in the Shard. Went there for work Christmas party. Pretty much my whole table spent half the dinner in their getting our gooches shined. Heaven on earth.
    Nice. I hope I get diarrhea the next time I'm up there
  • Smug Marcus on MasterChef professionals. Needs a good slap.

’Of course not’

You only really need to see the start and the end, let's be honest. 
  • Sponsored links:

’Of course not’

You only really need to see the start and the end, let's be honest. 
    That much?
  • And you only watch the start to see if there's a 20 car pile up at the first corner.

And watch the end to see who wins.
  • iaitch said:
    And you only watch the start to see if there's a 20 car pile up at the first corner.

That’s what he usually does but insisted on having it on throughout.
    Then moaned like a drain about the result.
  • iaitch said:
    And you only watch the start to see if there's a 20 car pile up at the first corner.

That’s what he usually does but insisted on having it on throughout.
    Then moaned like a drain about the result.
    My routine used to be, play football Sunday morning, go to pub football team was based from after, go home family would have GP on and I'd routinely fall asleep in front of it, waking in time to see Schumachers winning gurn lifting the trophy everyone else having long got bored and found something more interesting to do like watch the grass grow
  • There’s one thing that annoys me about Halloween.

Which is……

• Harlan Coben novels being ruined for television. They are always style over substance, expensively made shite 
  • Carter said:
    Harlan Coben novels being ruined for television. They are always style over substance, expensively made shite 
    Quite enjoying watching 'Shelter' at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Americans using cups in recipes.

Surely it's very obvious to everyone that using actual weights/volumes of things makes a lot more sense.
    Makes sense for cupcakes though
  • And cup-a-soups.
  • Qr codes for ordering in restaurants. Am at Gatwick and the only way of ordering and paying in the restaurant is via your phone. It meant having to enter all your card details rather than just tapping your card and then on top of that having to pay +£3 to use the service which doesn't go towards staff tips.
  • Americans using cups in recipes.

Surely it's very obvious to everyone that using actual weights/volumes of things makes a lot more sense.
    But a cup is a defined amount (8 fluid oz), not like they are saying grab a random sized cup
  • Qr codes for ordering in restaurants. Am at Gatwick and the only way of ordering and paying in the restaurant is via your phone. It meant having to enter all your card details rather than just tapping your card and then on top of that having to pay +£3 to use the service which doesn't go towards staff tips.
    Definitely the only way to pay? I know many airport restaurants will push you that way and suggest the process, but the staff can normally take an order and payment if asked? I appreciate you are there and I’m not…
  • edited November 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    Americans using cups in recipes.

But a cup is a defined amount (8 fluid oz), not like they are saying grab a random sized cup
    I get that, but using them for weights as well just makes the whole thing messier.

1.5 cups of flour
    2 cups milk
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 7/9ths of a cup of butter

is harder to work out than 800g of flour, 250g of butter, 200ml of milk etc.  Or given they don't have the metric system, lbs and oz.
  • edited November 2023
    Scammers ringing at 7:40 (or any time to be fair) then not appreciating a little bit (ok a continuous stream) ok Anglo Saxon and putting the phone down on you.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!