Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• LenGlover said:
    Macronate said:
    The MOTD commentator continually referring to Chris Wood as Chris Woods. It’s on the back of his shirt you plum.
    Chris Woods was Shilton's understudy goalkeeper at Forest years ago.
    Probably prefers to be known as Ex England and Rangers goalkeeper really. 
  • Groups of cyclists that you've overtaken in your car assembling in front of you at traffic lights so that when the lights turn green you are stuck behind the selfish twats for half a mile before the road opens up enough to safely pass them again.
    Times like that I really miss the filthy clouds of black acceleration smoke from my old diesel X type
  • Dobbo continually hitching his shorts up. Dunno why but has begun to annoy me. Great problems of the world eh!!!!
  • Dobbo continually hitching his shorts up. Dunno why but has begun to annoy me. Great problems of the world eh!!!!
    Glad I’m not the only one. He would have been liked playing in the eighties when shorts were short.
  • I play with someone at Goals who regularly does that. Been meaning to ask why. Must be a reason.
  • JaShea99 said:
    I play with someone at Goals who regularly does that. Been meaning to ask why. Must be a reason.
    Depending on the type of shorts I would do the same, didn't like the feeling of them on my thigh as I ran, some kind of pull. It became a habit. One season my Sunday side had shorts that I have not played in since that almost felt papery and were great, I didnt muck around with them but the polyester, stretchy ones they would get pulled up at the thigh 

MrWalker said:
    Thin toilet paper.

What's the point?
    Everyone just takes more and folds it over.
    I know the answer to this having asked the same to a former employee of Kimberly Clark at Northfleet. Single ply is substantially cheaper to manufacture and there you have it 
  • Carter said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I play with someone at Goals who regularly does that. Been meaning to ask why. Must be a reason.
    Depending on the type of shorts I would do the same, didn't like the feeling of them on my thigh as I ran, some kind of pull. It became a habit. One season my Sunday side had shorts that I have not played in since that almost felt papery and were great, I didnt muck around with them but the polyester, stretchy ones they would get pulled up at the thigh 

MrWalker said:
    Thin toilet paper.

What's the point?
    I know the answer to this having asked the same to a former employee of Kimberly Clark at Northfleet. Single ply is substantially cheaper to manufacture and there you have it 
    Sorry Carter but no, I don’t have it.
    Kimberly Clark can feck right off.

It’s a false economy. 

In my casa, we use a sponge on a stick, with a handy bucket. 

Single ply toilet paper is the work of the recycled paper devil.
  • And you have the expense of buying a nail file after your finger has gone through it.
  • MrWalker said:
    Carter said:
    JaShea99 said:

MrWalker said:
    Thin toilet paper.

What's the point?
    Sorry Carter but no, I don’t have it.
    Kimberly Clark can feck right off.

It’s a false economy. 

In my casa, we use a sponge on a stick, with a handy bucket. 

Single ply toilet paper is the work of the recycled paper devil.
    A fair trade! 

I believe the 'bum gun' to be the future, one of my chums who resides in Belgium has one in their toilet and they are an excellent, economical alternative to using loads of mulched trees to cleanse ones dung funnel after defecating. I'm definitely going to get one. They are also really handy to blast any stubborn evidence where the poo gives the pan a slap on the way down 
  • Sponsored links:

• People who think the rain forests are being decimated so you can wipe your arse. :#   
  • edited October 2023
    The Japanese have solved the problem. A wonderful toilet experience.
  • Been without water since 8am this morning. Massive issue impacting whole of se9 and some. Huge burst main on foostray Road. 

Fuck all being done about it by Thames Water one empty van been parked next to it all day and a couple of sandbags out.  Apparently they are too short staffed to deliver bottled water to even the vulnerable people on their priority list. Every shop in any direction has sold out completely. It's all a pisstake and I haven't showered since yesterday. Can't run the heating. The toilet hasn't been flushed and using hand sanitiser instead of washing my hands has fucked up my skin. 
  • Been without water since 8am this morning. Massive issue impacting whole of se9 and some. Huge burst main on foostray Road. 

Fuck all being done about it by Thames Water one empty van been parked next to it all day and a couple of sandbags out.  Apparently they are too short staffed to deliver bottled water to even the vulnerable people on their priority list. Every shop in any direction has sold out completely. It's all a pisstake and I haven't showered since yesterday. Can't run the heating. The toilet hasn't been flushed and using hand sanitiser instead of washing my hands has fucked up my skin. 
    And literally all the meals we have planned and shopped for this week require water to cook. 
  • Articles like this which promise an update on an injury, but instead tell you that there will be an update on the injury once they've had a scan tomorrow... I mean, what's the point the article?! 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/update-chuks-aneke-injury
  • edited October 2023

Getting flash forwards to the impending climate crisis. Queues of people at the water fountain near the station waiting to fill up whatever receptacle they can get their hands on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely there’s a supermarket you can drive to to stock up?!
  • edited October 2023
    Or just order bottles of water on Amazon.
  • edited October 2023
    We have all we need for drinking and essentials etc. It's jut the frustration of hand washing and teeth cleaning from bottled water not being able to shower, flush the toilet, run the dishwasher, cook, do a wash etc. Just a whole day disrupted.

Also the attitude of Thames Water to their customers without water. They haven't provided the bottled water they say to their own priority list of vulnerable customers so we've been sorting out a few neighbours. Ofwat say they're supposed to provide 10 liters per person per day to everyone without supply but no sign of that. And the lack of information. They've been telling us that supply will be restored any time now since about 11am. Just tell us its not gonna happen for a while and we can make arrangments. Could have gone to my in laws after work and stayed the night...
  • They can't afford to pay anyone to pass out water to the sick and elderly when they have other priorities...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jun/04/thames-water-bonus-sarah-bentley-pay
  • Can't he dilute what he's got to make it go further?
  • Or buy some dehydrated water 
  • Or just buy cans of Stella?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!