Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Suddenly finding one eyebrow hair that's about 3 times longer than all the others.

Where do they hide for bloody ages before appearing?
  • Football Focus. What a crap programme it has become.

The future of Football Focus is the subject of urgent talks at the BBC due to a dramatic drop in viewing figures.

The 49-year-old programme has lost more than one third of its early-season audience in the space of four years, with the average weekly viewing figures for August falling from 849,000 in 2019 to just 564,000 last month.

Football Focus is not thought to be under immediate threat but reversing the decline will be a priority for the corporation’s new director of sport, with Barbara Slater retiring next spring. The programme will celebrate its 50th anniversary next year and serious thought will be given as to whether a major rebrand is required.

The most dramatic fall in viewing figures coincides with Alex Scott replacing Dan Walker as Focus’ main presenter in 2021. In Walker’s last season before he was moved on the average weekly August audience was 827,000, before dropping to 809,000 in 2021, 599,000 12 months later and 564,000 this year.

Scott is not being blamed by her bosses, though, and remains highly regarded at the BBC, who are set to give the former England defender a prominent presenting role at next summer’s Olympics.

• Adverts on the radio. Whatever they're advertising it seems to be one of three voices heard - Brian Blessed being one and then it sounds like either Dom Littlewood (for McDonalds) or the bloke that narrated Come Dine With Me. As grating as the woman that does the O2 adverts.
  • Cucumbers are. wrapped individually, courgettes not all or in 2's or three's. Why?

Why aren't all bin bags made from that starch stuff? save that plastic
  • Page 8 of Thread -

"That's it, I'm not posting in here anymore. I've had enough of being treated this way."

Page 9 of Thread -

"So anyway, I think..."
  • Not gonna lie that’s me. I wear white Nike socks religiously, out of comfort and the fact that man feet should be covered at all times. Add that I like the easy access to a slider and I’m away. Guilty.
  • Not gonna lie that’s me. I wear white Nike socks religiously, out of comfort and the fact that man feet should be covered at all times. Add that I like the easy access to a slider and I’m away. Guilty.
    So it’s for comfort and practicality rather than it looking cool? But it’s always Nike socks and sliders rather than M&S navy ankle socks and brown sandals. I’m thinking you like the look!
  • Sponsored links:

• Also the obsession with pulling those long white socks up as high as possible when wearing shorts. Looks ridiculous. Just buy a pair of trainer socks FFS.
  • People who use shared facilities, gyms, pools etc then huff and moan about other people being there.

Swimming on this occasion - pensioner basically wanting half a pool and getting in a little strop whenever anyone dared to move within about 3m of her.

You know how busy it could be when you book, grow up and learn to share!
  • People who use shared facilities, gyms, pools etc then huff and moan about other people being there.

Swimming on this occasion - pensioner basically wanting half a pool and getting in a little strop whenever anyone dared to move within about 3m of her.

One of my friends looks after a health club and their pool. When the elder folk have finished their mass workouts he tests the water and always has to add a bit of chemical.
    May be she was warning you rather than getting angry ;)
    I haven't been in a pool for years He successfully turned me right off swimming, its not as if you can even have a paddle in our sea nowadays.

• People who drive cars, yet have no idea what engine or specification they are.

Like you've paid thousands for it!! How can you not know?
  • People who drive cars, yet have no idea what engine or specification they are.

Ho ho ho be careful what you wish for, for the record I know what engine capacity my car has, how fast it goes and how quickly it stops and how much it is to tax it each year, insure it etc. I know bits about cars i like, have owner, sold and to be honest its like reciting phone numbers. Focus on the spectacular like how hard it is to roll a cabriolet but how remarkably easy it is to make a Peugeot go upside down. 

Cue someone asking if the Audi/Mercedes/VW any other Germanic whip you decide in the car park is mine. 'Is it the face-lift or the new model? Is it the 130 brake or the 180 brake version, arrr yeah you've got the one with the engine management problem, you didn't go for the tiptronic version (sucks teeth), yeah I'd have gone for the V8 of course'

All the while I'm thinking of how I can murder interesting misterman the car enthusiast bore in the bathroom and hide the evidence, like maybe in a car fire if there was a car in the bathroom
  • edited September 2023
    People who use shared facilities, gyms, pools etc then huff and moan about other people being there.

One of my friends looks after a health club and their pool. When the elder folk have finished their mass workouts he tests the water and always has to add a bit of chemical.
    May be she was warning you rather than getting angry ;)
    I haven't been in a pool for years He successfully turned me right off swimming, its not as if you can even have a paddle in our sea nowadays.

Haha don't, bad enough I don't want to go anywhere near the sea for a swim, the pool is the lesser of the two evils!  At least they do add the chemicals!!

Annoyingly I used to go to a great gym where I think only about 4 people realised there was a pool and it was always empty.  Then inevitably it failed through lack of customers and closed.
  • edited September 2023
    Carter said:
    People who drive cars, yet have no idea what engine or specification they are.

Ho ho ho be careful what you wish for, for the record I know what engine capacity my car has, how fast it goes and how quickly it stops and how much it is to tax it each year, insure it etc. I know bits about cars i like, have owner, sold and to be honest its like reciting phone numbers. Focus on the spectacular like how hard it is to roll a cabriolet but how remarkably easy it is to make a Peugeot go upside down. 

Cue someone asking if the Audi/Mercedes/VW any other Germanic whip you decide in the car park is mine. 'Is it the face-lift or the new model? Is it the 130 brake or the 180 brake version, arrr yeah you've got the one with the engine management problem, you didn't go for the tiptronic version (sucks teeth), yeah I'd have gone for the V8 of course'

All the while I'm thinking of how I can murder interesting misterman the car enthusiast bore in the bathroom and hide the evidence, like maybe in a car fire if there was a car in the bathroom
    I was at a show in my car a few years ago with my old man and some boring twat was parked next to us. Said his had the three bearing engine rather than the 5 mine has so revved more freely, took great delight in telling us how much money he’d spent on upgrading the engine and carbs etc.

I could tell my old man had had enough of him and when the prick said “it would hold its own against an MGF” my old man replied “wouldn’t it have been cheaper and easier to just buy an. MGF”?

I couldn’t stop myself laughing, the bloke made his excuses and buggered off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Myself and Mrs TCE bought the school new goal nets at Christmas as the schools budget didn’t stretch to replace the old worn ones, they fitted them on Monday. I’ve just found out they were vandalised after we left school with our dogs after exercise last night. Utter w******
    Ive just had a quick look at 12 x 6 goals with wheels so they can be locked away £2500 which is out of my remit, if anyone knows of grassroot football charities that maybe able to help, please let me know.
  • Kids walking around in coats tracksuits and balaclavas in July. 

Pedestrian crossing go being pressed when you’re the only person driving towards the lights and they can cross anywhere. 

I can feel you pain!

I once had the following conversation with a colleague:

him: hey I’m going buy a new car!
    me: what make and model? 
    him: a white one!
    me: offs!

This was a couple of years ago and it turns out he was buying a rather nice white Peugeot 205 convertible!
  • The brass neck of David Walliams.

He is suing BGT bosses over the transcript of his vile comments being released to the public.  Private conversations he says.  I'm sure Russell Brand would say similar for his privacy.
  • Mooncup on legs 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That’s proper tickled me that has 😂😂😂
  • The brass neck of David Walliams.

He is suing BGT bosses over the transcript of his vile comments being released to the public.  Private conversations he says.  I'm sure Russell Brand would say similar for his privacy.
    I understand that on the list of "celebrities that are obnoxious in real life", Walliams would be near the top.

• Real or cake stuff.

I get it, people are good at making cakes that look like things now.

Don't care.
  • Council tax, can't avoid it but I still think of it as Maggie's Poll tax, it's the only bill I have always disliked paying, silly really.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!