Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Here's another Gmail one. When you're searching for an email that you know has got attachments and what is returned is loads of emails with company logos and crap in them. They're not attachments (at least, they shouldn't be) they're part of the signature (at least, they should be). 

Whilst I'm on the subject, the general poor quality of mailbox search facilities. How hard is it to build a simple search box that allows you to sort and filter on multiple fields according to boolean principles? If anyone knows of one, please let me know.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    A general lack of disrespect for others.

Perhaps I'm getting old here but when I was in my late teens back in the mid90s, the groups of friends I hung out with all had respect for others.  Yeah, we'd play up at times but generally was good fun and we wouldn't take absolute liberties...or break the law.  Yep, I was boring.
    Now my 17yo daughter is now at that age where's she's getting out and about, exploring London, going gigs, etc.  She goes with her friends or with her boyfriend who's she's been with for 3 years.  They are good kids but some of the stories I've heard make me shudder.  Hey boyfriend has had a knife pulled on him twice in the last year in different incidents not of his making.  14 of them went off to Reading Festival at the weekend and right at the end there was a rampage, tents got slashed/set fire to and the group had knives pulled on them.  Like seriously, WTF.  My ex-wife and two of the other Mum's had to drive to reading at 1am to bring them all home.  Its probably for the best they only told me when they'd got home.

I know we had wrong uns back in the 90s but there just seems to be so much more violence nowadays.  It is genuinely frightening.  I have to say I feel reasonably safe in London when I'm on my own but I so worry for my kids safety.

Whilst I know this happens, I honestly cannot understand why people behave like this. Amongst others I might add
  • This weather.

I love autumn.  T-shirt and jeans weather - you're not too hot, you're not too cold.  It's nice weather to walk in, and still warm enough to sit outside a pub etc, at worst you need a jacket.  

We were due to take the kids swimming in a pool (that's clean), go for a bit of a walk and do some blackberry picking - lovely.

Now because it's "such a lovely day", we're at the beach.  It's too hot, I don't want to go in the sea because they're pumping sh*t into it constantly, the seaweed stinks, there's flies, sand will get into everything, then we'll go home, the windows have been closed so that now it's boiling and I'll sleep badly.

Bring on the thunderstorms in a couple of days and temperatures being about 10° less.
    Out in Turkey at the moment and while the weather has been spot on so far, we are about to go to dinner and a storm is brewing out there. Lightening giving it large at the moment.
  • I have lost count of the number of people I have worked with who honestly do very little but no one does anyone about it. Some even get promoted, yet can't even manage, let alone actually do the work at their original level! We don't even have proper appraisals/PDRs anymore. It is so frustrating and why a lot of the best people move on. We have recruitment campaign after campaign - if the retention was even 50% better it would save so much money on that alone. Plus the rest of us doing out job and picking up what others aren't doing have to keep run the feckin interviews.

I have some superb colleagues but most don't want the hassle that comes with promotion. So those that get promoted are mostly those who only care about promotion and get promoted well beyond their ability but spend most of their time on getting promotion and 'impressing' the more senior management, not getting the job done or the least of a bad bunch because no one decent applies

I'm so glad I'm in a position to call it a day early
  • I have lost count of the number of people I have worked with who honestly do very little but no one does anyone about it. Some even get promoted, yet can't even manage, let alone actually do the work at their original level! We don't even have proper appraisals/PDRs anymore. It is so frustrating and why a lot of the best people move on. We have recruitment campaign after campaign - if the retention was even 50% better it would save so much money on that alone. Plus the rest of us doing out job and picking up what others aren't doing have to keep run the feckin interviews.

I have some superb colleagues but most don't want the hassle that comes with promotion. So those that get promoted are mostly those who only care about promotion and get promoted well beyond their ability but spend most of their time on getting promotion and 'impressing' the more senior management, not getting the job done or the least of a bad bunch because no one decent applies

I'm so glad I'm in a position to call it a day early
    I'm genuinely reading this and wondering if I logged in under your username until you said the last paragraph! 
  • Holiday accommodation that allegedly welcomes pets but when the last bit of bumpf is sent through six days before you leave advises that pets are not allowed upstairs, a fact not previously mentioned. Well, Rufus says bollocks to that, and I agree with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    People that want to take stinky manky animals on holiday with them, even worse if it’s to stay in someone’s actual home/second home 💩
    Easy for those places to say 'no pets'.  IH is obviously annoyed by the false advertising.  But then you knew that.
  • Fumbluff said:
    People that want to take stinky manky animals on holiday with them, even worse if it’s to stay in someone’s actual home/second home 💩
    Easy for those places to say 'no pets'.  IH is obviously annoyed by the false advertising.  But then you knew that.
    Indeed. It's advertised specifically as dog friendly, not 50% dog friendly, in the supposed dog-friendliest town in Britain (Keswick). All they need to do is make it clear at the outset.
    He has his own bed and will sleep in it, and we usually leave holiday cottages cleaner than when we arrived anyway. They won't even know he's been.
    If you really dont like dogs you surely wouldn't rent the cottage in any case - totally separate market. 

• IdleHans said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Indeed. It's advertised specifically as dog friendly, not 50% dog friendly, in the supposed dog-friendliest town in Britain (Keswick). All they need to do is make it clear at the outset.
    He has his own bed and will sleep in it, and we usually leave holiday cottages cleaner than when we arrived anyway. They won't even know he's been.
    If you really dont like dogs you surely wouldn't rent the cottage in any case - totally separate market. 

While I do agree that the restrictions on Rufus should have been made totally clear from the outset, if the next guest has allergies I think they would know he has been there. There is a difference between a dog having been downstairs and having slept in the bedroom. That said, of course if you have allergies, bit daft to rent a cottage advertised as dog friendly in the first place...      
  • To be fair, we don’t let our dog upstairs at home - not sure I would want to sleep in a bedroom that has had a dog in it when away on holiday 
  • Increasingly I'm finding a very long fine white hair when I shave, where does it hid? I could wear it like a turbon, actual overheard conversation, ' be careful mummy here comes trip wire man' ,it drives me nuts.
  • Football Focus. What a crap programme it has become.
  • edited September 2023
    Tying to have a reasoned discussion with someone but when you say A then then decide you mean B and completely misquote/misrepresent what you have said (because it doesn't suit their argument)!!
  • Some holiday annoyances:

Getting an email from National Lottery telling me I'm a winner but I can't log in from outside the UK to find out if I'm a millionaire or if I've just won £2.50

Buying a bottle of wine from the supermarket and sticking it my mini bar for later only to discover I've got the only bottle of cheapo plonk that still has a cork and not screwtop and I don't have a corkscrew. 
  • Wilma said:
    Some holiday annoyances:

Getting an email from National Lottery telling me I'm a winner but I can't log in from outside the UK to find out if I'm a millionaire or if I've just won £2.50

Buying a bottle of wine from the supermarket and sticking it my mini bar for later only to discover I've got the only bottle of cheapo plonk that still has a cork and not screwtop and I don't have a corkscrew. 
    Can you check using a vpn?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilma said:
    Some holiday annoyances:

Can you check using a vpn?
    Probably but I'll wait till I'm home, with any luck it might cover the mini bar bill.
  • Wilma said:
    ...Getting an email from National Lottery telling me I'm a winner but I can't log in from outside the UK to find out if I'm a millionaire or if I've just won £2.50...
    I really wish they'd leave it a month before emailing. I like to leave it a while before checking my ticket to prolong the period in which it's possible that I could be a millionaire. The fact that I've not received an email kills that possibility stone dead.

Good luck with your win. Hope it's a biggie.
  • Wilma said:
    Some holiday annoyances:

You almost certainly have won the Euro rollover millions, so enjoy your holiday and live your life accordingly while planning what you will do when you buy Charlton and the Valley on your return.

Assuming you don’t want to wait for your new platinum cork screw to open the bottle of wine poke the cork in with a biro
  • PopIcon said:
    Cyclists who jump red lights. Dickheads 

• Fred Perry and their insistence of using skinny lads to model their stuff online, know your fucking customer ffs 
  • edited September 2023
    Asterisks replacing letters…FFS!
  • PopIcon said:
    People who advocate dogs licking their faces. Dogs are arse sniffers, they lick their own bollocks and eat any shit they find around bins.

Ohhh, but he's part of the family PopIcon. So is your auntie Maureen, but you wouldn't want her wet fibrous top lip in your ear.
    Lol, dogs/animals will normally lick around the mouths of people as they would do their parents as a submissive gesture they want feeding, parents would be stimulated into regurgitating food. Now I wouldn’t recommend bringing back up the large donner to please the dogs as it would continue to do it everytime, but as with auntie Maureen a simple f*** off (*** just to annoy @Solidgone ) will normally suffice, licking of the ears, hands and arms is because of the salt in our sweat which regular bathing will prevent. 😉
  • edited September 2023
    Liking a selection of 70s music I started coming across stuff from my late teens early 20s and learnt to make a playlist. I was amazed to see Amazon still promoting the music of  a certain convicted abuser of children from that era, not only that but I can’t block it from appearing! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!