Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Almost every bastard journey we have taken in the past two weeks - be it by air, train or coach - being delayed or disrupted in one way or another.

Also being in a Greene King pub on Friday evening where they had run out of IPA!  
  • Asking for sauce at a restaurant, only for it to come once you've basically finished your meal.
  • Asking for sauce at a restaurant, only for it to come once you've basically finished your meal.
    The waiter had to double check whether it was Cawley or Nixon.
    I asked the waitress for some sauce a couple of weeks ago “well, I’ve got some nice melons if you fancy some of those” she replied 
  • Being sold a live stream for tonight's match, that doesn't work on the device (phone) that I bought it on. To make matters worse, the audio subscription that I have didn't work either.
    Heston gets the hump when you ask for Daddies on your foie gras, with oak smoked samphire on a bed of wilted arabian grown lambs lettuce...    
    Heston gets the hump when you ask for Daddies on your foie gras, with oak smoked samphire on a bed of wilted arabian grown lambs lettuce...    
    Speccy twat. I avoid his branded shit like the plague.
  • Derek1952 said:
    99p added to price of things advertised which is only 1p short of the next price.Do people really think its cheaper.
    Originally created to counter theft. Now an effective pricing mechanism.
  • That Under Armour advert, 'Protect this house, protect this house...........'

Oh do fuck off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• When a player takes a rubbish penalty but the keeper goes the wrong way and the commentator says, “brilliant penalty” or words to that effect. 
  • edited August 2023
    People unable to accept other points of view.
  • edited August 2023
    People unable to except other points of view.
    Why would that annoy you?

Edit: Damn, Gary beat me to the joke
  • I assume he means 'accept' not 'except.'
  • edited August 2023
    LenGlover said:
    I assume he means 'accept' not 'except.'
    Oh yeah! How do you know what I mean?;). @lenglover

You're correct and fixed it, thanks.
  • When a player takes a rubbish penalty but the keeper goes the wrong way and the commentator says, “brilliant penalty” or words to that effect. 
    Also when they say the taker missed the penalty when in fact the penalty was saved. 
  • Also a player crosses the ball but no one is in the box. Great cross they say but what's the point if no one is on the end of it.
  • People unable to accept other points of view.
    Except when yours is backed by facts, and theirs is made up in their head (or more likely something they have read/heard eleswhere).  ;)  
  • When a bus stop is closed due to a diversion, and the sign tells you to catch the bus at another stop. Then when the bus arrives at the other stop the driver doesn't open the door and just drives off.  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Hired a pedalo in Majorca yesterday and not only did I nearly break my bleeding neck climbing the ladder to the slide, I only lasted half an hour before I got seasick. Left my wife and daughter on the beach and went back to the hotel to have a go on the waitresses melons. 

• Lloyds Bank - Started up a business account a while back. The business only actually started trading at the start of August so started looking at getting access to the account online. Even though I started the account, the account is in my name and I have the card and pin number to it; they want me to print and fill out a form and post it to them, to give myself access to online bankng. Can totally see going to this hassle if I wanted an accountant or a.n.other to have access, but the person who actually opened it?
  • Hired a pedalo in Majorca yesterday and not only did I nearly break my bleeding neck climbing the ladder to the slide, I only lasted half an hour before I got seasick. Left my wife and daughter on the beach and went back to the hotel to chuck my guts up. 
    As much as I laughed at your misfortune I actually sympathise with you.  Id get seasick on a damp lawn. It has to be one of life’s worst things it can chuck at you. 
  • edited August 2023
    Mosquitoes, been eaten alive by them whilst we’ve been away. Buzzy little c***s.
  • Boarding aircraft - if they call Zone 2 to board why do umpteen fuckwits in Zone 3 get up and start queuing &/or forming an alternative ghost queue?

i would flat out  refuse boarding to anyone who tries to board or even gets up out of their seat if their zone is not called

(apologies if this is only a North American thing)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!