Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Only my own fault this (well, and my wife's who was more indecisive!), but umming and aahing over booking a cottage we'd seen for a holiday next year, deciding to go for it a couple of nights later only for it to now be booked up already.

The other ones in the same place are at least £400, £500 more (when we were stretching it anyway hence the umming and ahhing!) for the ten days and in my opinion not as nice.  Some are literally the same price per night as we were looking at for 10 days!

Can't be helped but I'm gutted still!
  • I read this as Thanet not Thurrock and had a mad image of @Airman Brown trotting off around the world in his mate's private jet. The difference in council leaders is stark. One for Commoners/communers space 😂
  • ULEZ Champaign topping out party. 
  • This is getting silly now, first it used to be people on public transport not able to use headphones whilst listening to something on their phone. Just got in a pub and some bloke is watching CSI on his phone. Ffs. 
  • Hayfever.

Never normally suffer that badly, cheap supermarket antihistamine and I'm absolutely fine.

But this year has been evil - feel like I've had a blocked nose and puffy eyes etc for weeks now.

Anyone else found it really bad this year?
    I suffer every year but this year I've had it extra bad. Even waking up in the middle of the night with it. Don't get it abroad though.
    Weirdly this year I haven't had it affect me at all. 
  • This is getting silly now, first it used to be people on public transport not able to use headphones whilst listening to something on their phone. Just got in a pub and some bloke is watching CSI on his phone. Ffs. 
    I’ve been on two flights in the last 4 weeks. first one a bloke two seats away watched a film on his phone - no headphones. Yesterday, parents with a kid who played his tablet game for the whole journey. No headphones.

I was so annoyed at their shear lack of decency and common sense that I tutted loudly (once we had taken off so they couldn’t hear me…)

I want a cull and these people and their offspring would be one of the first in line. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hayfever.

Never normally suffer that badly, cheap supermarket antihistamine and I'm absolutely fine.

But this year has been evil - feel like I've had a blocked nose and puffy eyes etc for weeks now.

I suffer every year but this year I've had it extra bad. Even waking up in the middle of the night with it. Don't get it abroad though.
    I don't think I've had it since I made that post. Happy days.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hayfever.

I’m guessing the total July wash out helped. I suffer from a pollen at the start of summer, so it could be that as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Hayfever.

I’m guessing the total July wash out helped. I suffer from a pollen at the start of summer, so it could be that as well.
    Yea I certainly get it a lot worse in the lead up to summer. I don't think I'll get it again this year touch wood.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hayfever.

Similar, tailed off again pretty quickly after that post, after what had been a month or so of having it really badly.

Much rather the rain than being boiling with itchy eyes, blocked nose etc!
  • Raincoats with hoods, what’s the point? The hoods never stay on my bucking head, particularly when it’s pissing down!
  • edited August 2023
    Sainsbury's local. Went to the large Sainsbury's superstore, they had run out of San Miguel cans so popped into the Sainsbury's local they have them but a pound more. Really don't think they should charge more in one store compared to another. Especially as they're only 10 minutes away from each other. 
    Guess other items are also different in pricing. Bit of a piss take. 
  • Having to change my name by deed poll just to renew my driving licence. For 39 years I've been driving around on that licence with no problems. Now they've changed their system and names are validated against passports; mine has failed as a mismatch. I've explained that Jon, as stated on my licence, is just a shortened form of Jonathan that's on my passport but they aren't having any of it. So I have to officially change my name. I wouldn't mind if I had a really common name, but both my middle and surnames are pretty unusual and can say with some confidence that that combination is unique. What a ridiculous palaver.
  • The bouncy chirpy annoying woman in the Luton Airport Express advert. 

Bit of an oxymoron because I definitely would. 
  • Stig said:
    Having to change my name by deed poll just to renew my driving licence. For 39 years I've been driving around on that licence with no problems. Now they've changed their system and names are validated against passports; mine has failed as a mismatch. I've explained that Jon, as stated on my licence, is just a shortened form of Jonathan that's on my passport but they aren't having any of it. So I have to officially change my name. I wouldn't mind if I had a really common name, but both my middle and surnames are pretty unusual and can say with some confidence that that combination is unique. What a ridiculous palaver.
    so is your passport now in the wrong name?
  • edited August 2023
    rina said:
    Stig said:
    Having to change my name by deed poll just to renew my driving licence. For 39 years I've been driving around on that licence with no problems. Now they've changed their system and names are validated against passports; mine has failed as a mismatch. I've explained that Jon, as stated on my licence, is just a shortened form of Jonathan that's on my passport but they aren't having any of it. So I have to officially change my name. I wouldn't mind if I had a really common name, but both my middle and surnames are pretty unusual and can say with some confidence that that combination is unique. What a ridiculous palaver.
    so is your passport now in the wrong name?
    No passport is OK, other than the fact it's getting perilously near the 6 month limit. I've just become the only person I've ever heard of to officially change their name to exactly what it says on their birth certificate (oops scratch that - I bet there are a few divorcees that have done the same). 
  • edited August 2023
    My wife does not like her birth name and has always been called by a name she prefers. This is on her medical details but on her passport she had to put her name as birth certificate. When she asked for a COVID vaccination certificate, it was refused if she went on holiday abroad as the name is not the same as her passport. 
    She had to change her name on her medical notes for the COVID certificate to be accepted when travelling abroad
  • Sponsored links:

• Have had the same windscreen phone mount for near on eight years, nice solid sturdy one and by far the best I ever had, lost its suction the last day or so which means a new one is due, do you think I can find one that looks remotely like it? Bought my wife the same one via ebay at one point, turns out ebay only show the last three years purchases!
  • Someone stole a jerry can full of petrol out of the back of my truck overnight. boo
  • Seeing yet another visitor to London have his phone stolen right in front of me by rats on bikes.
  • Acquisitive crime, burglary and theft 

Had our yard broken into early hours of Friday morning, the little pricks wrecked the place, absolutely trashed it made aright pigs ear of breaking a load of doors. 

It shows however the stupidity of your average crackhead, we have thousands of pounds worth of equipment in what we always assumed was a secure place and they left it all. They took 1 laptop, a set of overalls, and weirdly all the biscuits, soft drinks and a bottle of ribena. 

Then and I don’t know if this was due to the excitement of being somewhere they shouldn't be or as a protest against my employers. Left a massive, wet shit in the atrium by the stairs, the forensics people I could tell thought we were dirty bastards leaving it there with a road cone over (most) of it expecting they would want to take a sample.for DNA or something. Turns out they don't do that. So that was most of my day taken up dealing with that and doing my best to repair the place so it was secure for the weekend 
  • Parents that don’t stop to let children cross at a crossing. 

One outside my daughter’s school is terrible for it. If it’s a bus, white van or cab, guaranteed stop to let the kids cross. If it’s a parent dropping their kid, speed up to make sure they can’t cross. 

I used to give them the benefit of the doubt thinking they were on their way to work or to drop another kid, but the worst culprits seem to be the ones that wear gym kit to chat by their cars well after the kids have gone in. 
  • 99p added to price of things advertised which is only 1p short of the next price.Do people really think its cheaper.
  • It’s no laughing matter but I did have to give it a LOL 
  • edited August 2023
    Derek1952 said:
    99p added to price of things advertised which is only 1p short of the next price.Do people really think its cheaper.
    I was once told that the reason behind this was security rather than sales. If you knock 1p off the price people will wait for the change. Sales assistants are forced to ring the till and there's no scope for trousering any cash. Not sure how that stands up now that most sales are by card and even small shops have eps scanning systems.   
  • Stig said:
    Derek1952 said:
    99p added to price of things advertised which is only 1p short of the next price.Do people really think its cheaper.
    I was once told that the reason behind this was security rather than sales. If you knock 1p off the price people will wait for the change. Sales assistants are forced to ring the till and there's no scope for trousering any cash. Not sure how that stands up now that most sales are by card and even small shops have eps scanning systems.   
    Bit of both.  £9.99 genuinely does subconsciously sound a bit cheaper than £10.

As well as the change thing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!