Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I’ve got some dry ice he can use
  • I’m not sure canters will appreciate us all flooding this thread with comments…
  • edited October 2023
    Saulc23 said:
    I’m not sure canters will appreciate us all flooding this thread with comments…
    It'll all be water under the bridge soon.
  • With climate change it will be water over the bridge.
  • Lol thanks all enjoyed reading all those. Water was restored about 10am today so I no longer smell!
  • IdleHans said:
    The capital A in Annoy
    Only taken you fifteen years to realise, Hans. Or was it just a slow burner?  :D
  • I was reading an article describing the differences between the iPhone 15 Pro and the vanilla iPhone 15.
    If I had the money, I’d go for the one which doesn’t smell of ice cream.

What’s wrong with the word standard?
  • Lol thanks all enjoyed reading all those. Water was restored about 10am today so I no longer smell!
    Says who?
  • IdleHans said:
    The capital A in Annoy
    Only taken you fifteen years to realise, Hans. Or was it just a slow burner?  :D
    Perhaps I've simply become more curmudgeonly.
    (no perhaps about it)
  • Sponsored links:

• My local Chinese takeaway has changed its supplier of plastic pots, resulting in us having a collection of them where half the lids don't fit.
  • Stig said:
    My local Chinese takeaway has changed its supplier of plastic pots, resulting in us having a collection of them where half the lids don't fit.
    Have  you tried blowtorching the lids (or pots, whichever is now too large) so that the plastic shrinks to the appropriate size?

Based on experience, I would do it outside.
  • When a song gets stuck in your head and that song is Let it go from Frozen. Thanks kids. 
  • Talal said:
    When a song gets stuck in your head and that song is Let it go from Frozen. Thanks kids. 

Karaoke has it's place, and bad singers (me) having a go is part of the fun, but when you are expecting a cosy Christmas dinner, with a few cheesy Xmas songs and carols playing gently in the background and you get Black Sabbath level chronically dreadful pub singers, it's enough to put you off your pigs-in-blankets.       
    What about war pigs in blankets?
    I see what you did there...  ;):D   
  • Scumbags. 

My sisters wedding yesterday, driving from the church to the reception and one of the 2 wedding classic cars had a breakdown on the inside lane of a dual carriageway (no hard shoulder). It was clearly smoking and having isssues. The 2nd wedding car containing a 2,3,5 and 8 yr old stopped behind it. 

Me and my bro in another car saw what happened so pulled into a side road, I was waving traffic down tlso that no one would go into the back of them, my bro was talking to the driver seeing what could be done. After a couple mind the traffic was obviously slowed as the 2 lanes merged to get round them still moving and not a big queue. Then a white van decided to pull next to the car full of already terrified children and stop and shout abuse at them. "What the f are you doing, you can't f-ing stop there you dickheads" etc etc. Just an absolute low life thing to do. The car clearly had no choice about stopping and you choose to shout abuse at children for it. Scum.

Luckily we got everyone there and the rest of the day was amazing...
  • edited October 2023
    Scumbags. 

My sisters wedding yesterday, driving from the church to the reception and one of the 2 wedding classic cars had a breakdown on the inside lane of a dual carriageway (no hard shoulder). It was clearly smoking and having isssues. The 2nd wedding car containing a 2,3,5 and 8 yr old stopped behind it. 

Me and my bro in another car saw what happened so pulled into a side road, I was waving traffic down tlso that no one would go into the back of them, my bro was talking to the driver seeing what could be done. After a couple mind the traffic was obviously slowed as the 2 lanes merged to get round them still moving and not a big queue. Then a white van decided to pull next to the car full of already terrified children and stop and shout abuse at them. "What the f are you doing, you can't f-ing stop there you dickheads" etc etc. Just an absolute low life thing to do. The car clearly had no choice about stopping and you choose to shout abuse at children for it. Scum.

Luckily we got everyone there and the rest of the day was amazing...
    My missus broke down at a set of traffic lights a few years back (literally not figuratively). She's sat there in the inside lane of two, hazards on, bonnet up. Quite clearly broken down and in a bit of a panic/distress.

The abuse she got from other drivers (not just men either) with every change of the traffic lights was appalling. Even a few women took time out of their busy days to call her a silly c### for stopping there. She was in absolute pieces by the time the breakdown guy got there, calmed her down and got it going again.

He said it happens all the time...like people choose where to break down. 

Just be kind peeps.
  • You both have my sympathy.
    It' s like your worst nightmare breaking down in situations like that.
    What you need then is help and assistance not abuse.
    On a slightly lighter note, I once broke down at a junction on a steepish incline.Soon had a dozen cars backed up behind me.
    Wacked the hazards on whilst I  pondered what to do, as nothing could get past and I couldn't push the car uphill.
    Just then a motorbike pulled alongside and the rider shouted "Oi mate, do you realise you are indicating to go both ways at once".
    Was going to give him both barrels, but glad I didn't because when he realised I'd broken down he parked his bike and helped me push the car up the incline and onto the side road out of harm's way
  • Sponsored links:

• The Japanese have solved the problem. A wonderful toilet experience.
    Tokyo finest 
  • The Kenco coffee advert. A couple of young girls playing football in the alley and a miserable old got shouting “you can’t play there”. 
    Takes me back to my childhood when there really was miserable old people with that mentality. 
    Tokyo finest 
    I have never used one of these. I'm impressed how clean it is. Genuine question. You still have to wipe your nether regions dry do you not?
    Tokyo finest 
    I have never used one of these. I'm impressed how clean it is. Genuine question. You still have to wipe your nether regions dry do you not?
    Most of them have a button for that too. 
    Tokyo finest 
    Do your business (sitting on a warmed seat), press the appropriate button and a wand extends to below your nether regions. Depending on the setting chosen, a water jet hones in and one adjusts oneself until it hits the appropriate spot. At that point I'm not sure what the Japanese protocol is, but I got down there and gave myself a good scrub, after which I dried myself with a towel. This was in a hotel so I had very good towel and hand washing facilities available after the act.

I'm also a big fan of the bidet in Europe. 
    Tokyo finest 
    YI have never used one of these. I'm impressed how clean it is. Genuine question. You still have to wipe your nether regions dry do you not?
    Most of them have a button for that too. 
    And what/who cleans all those buttons? 
    It’s sending my cleaners ocd into overdrive here lol
  • Old school here………. A wire brush and detol ffs.
    😂
  • Ignorant fuckwits.
  • jondon76 said:
    Ignorant fuckwits.
    What, the Japanese?
    Seems a bit harsh.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!