Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Golf Day – Friday 22nd Aug - Tee off times on page 4

Comments

• Options
    why not the millers, was in there last sat evening, seemed an ok boozer
  • Options
    Wonder how it's going...
  • Options
    Quiet on here today!
  • Options
    I reckon Ollie's lost his balls already...
  • Options
    I reckon Ollie's lost his balls already...

I heard that he's only going because he was told that golf is played on grass.
  • Options
    Cracking day, Ooohaah is El Bandito !!!

Anyone nearby, a collection of us are meeting now down the Kings Head in Bex Village if you fancy a pint.
  • Options
    Twas a good day indeed - good to see some of you reprobates and thanks for the warm welcome

Shame we were all saddened by Keiron the Duck Slaughterer. I will say a little prayer for that little fella!
  • Options
    cheers hillsy for organising it and good to see you all
    if anyone else had won on 46 points i'd have been embarrassed for them but it was my best ever round (honest!)
    and i had to share a golf cart(s) with MCS dudeman !
  • Options
    At least I got a Birdie today..........So saddened by this tragic loss - reckon a fox will have a nice dinner tonight let hope he has some plum sauce!!
  • Options
    Cheers hillsy, we had great banter on the course and as for the free buggy, cheers MCS!!!
    We demonstrated some magnificent golf in our fourball, mixed together with the odd scuff and plenty of wormburners!
    Looking forward to the next event!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes,well done hillsy.magnificent effort in organising this event,although i hadn't realised that we had so many mexicans on the board - 33 points was good enough for fourth last!
  • Options
    yeah really good day Hillsys - glad to finally get to meet some of you guys and put names to faces. Lets hope I get down to some of the boozers your in before some of the home matches - what a crack yesterday way!
  • Options
    Top day all round, well done Hillsy for organising.

Good to put a few more faces to names as has been mentioned above.

definately some 3/4 handicaps next time I reckon eh !!..........roll on the next one.

here's to 3 points today...COME ON YOU REDS

R.I.P 'the duck'
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The"Duck" please tell...................Lol

Nice to meet you yesterday Swisdom yet another face to a name. If you guys feel half as rough as I do this morning, boy you are suffering, our game at Dartford was treated equally as seriously and resulted in the our Captain being asked to change his clothes as they were not deemed suitable for such an establishment, one of our players wives (very pi%%ed) running across the 18th to greet her loving husband, how funny was that Luva Luva? Lol, but I also cringed at the thought of happening to me.
  • Options
    pretty sure we outdone you TCE. Closing time curry and home at 1am rounded the day off lovely.

As for the duck, well KierenBrown apparently only hit one shot along the ground all day. Sadly it flew straight into the side of the bonce of a waddling duck. Lights went out shortly after.

RSPCA are on to you Kieren !
  • Options
    I think we ran you a close second, we left the "Bull" at 12, then back to mine for for a drinks!! apparently the last one left/fell out the door at 2ish, but can you beat this...................................
    My son has just turned up with one of those DIY intoximeters!! (dont ask) when challenged by the wife, I had a go...................
    I`m still two and half times over the limit, best I walk to The Valley just what I need after 36 holes yesterday :-(
  • Options
    wow awesome day that was, came last with 12 points, but i hit a couple of sweet shots! after i left the 19th hole went to morts genius' house and got mullered on wine now i feel like dung and couldnt drag my carcuss out of bed and missed the footie! stupid 12 forty 5 Ko, leave it at 3pm, thats football start time!

But anyway yesterday was a success, mr peacock was a leg end, had a nice chat with/at him, so super smashing great !
  • Options
    Afternoon Oli I got an update from Afka at half time on the days play, it sounds like me and Luva Luva missed a good day although we had a good one ourselves, I managed to nick a nearest the pin myself 200 yard par 3 and put it 4ft from the flag missed the birdie putt so went down in 3, but I play golf to have a laugh, a booze and hopefully a good game and in that order, hopefully there will be another and can get there.
  • Options
    ooh aah to score 46 points off of 28 is disgusting i hope you are suitably embarassed ;-)
  • Options
    Who's gonna post the photo's?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2008
    One from our day up the road at Dartford, as can be seen there`s a strict dress code ;-)
    as you can see I use a lob wedge on par 3 holes,
  • Options
    That US shirt is shocking!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite][p]That US shirt is shocking![/p]

Thats Luva Luva, we bought the two from the states earlier in the year I told him at the time, he wanted to hope there wasn`t an Iraq golf society playing on the same day. ;-)
  • Options
    awesome pic ray, cant wait to see luva luva so i can take the piss out of his shirt, that is just shocking!! lol
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Duck Grieving Yesterday
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thanks to everyone who turned up. We had no blowouts on the day which really surprised me. I have just had a chance to double check the cards so please see below the final standings. I'm truly amazed by some of the points scoring!!

Winner - Ooh Aah
    Nearest Pin - Bob Bolder
    Nearest Pin - PBS
    Longest Drive - Threadkiller
    Wooden Spoon - MCS.

Ooh Aah - H'Cap 28 - Points - 46
    Keith Peacock - H'Cap 18 - Points 40
    AFKA - H'Cap 22 - Points - 39
    PBS - H'Cap 14 - Points - 38
    Dez - H'Cap 28 - Points - 37
    Swisdom - H'Cap - Points - 36
    Eltham Addick - H'Cap 24 - Points - 36
    Dave Storry - H'Cap 20 - Points 35
    Hillsys Up - H'Cap 22 - Points - 35
    Charlton Park Lane - H'Cap 22 - Points 33
    Kieran Brown - H'Cap 24 - Points - 33
    Threadkiller - H'Cap 18 - Points - 33
    Morts Genius - H'Cap 24 - Points - 32
    CAFC Bourne - H'Cap 28 - Points 31
    Bob Bolder - H'Cap 23 - Points 30
    MCS - H'Cap 28 - Points 12

I'll post up the pictures that I took on Tuesday morning. Once again thanks for everyone who attended who made the day what it was. The next and last one of the year will be held before the end of October. I got a nice text from Keith Peacock on Friday evening thanking us for making it a nice day and what a nice bunch of lads we all were!!

Well done all.

Hillsy.
  • Options
    Cheers for organising Hillsy a top day out, apart from MCS stripping!!
  • Options
    1st 4 Ball - From Left to right

CAFC Bourne, Dez (Guest) MCS, Ooh Aah
  • Options
    2nd 4 Ball - From left to right

Threadkiller, PBS, Sir Keith Peacock, Dave Storry
  • Options
    3rd 4 Ball from left to Right

Morts Genius, Swisdom, Charlton Park Lane, AFKA.