Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2009

Comments

• Options
    Will have Adamtheaddick Jnr Jnr with us this year, so will either be a uk holiday or maybe france if we can afford it so we can drive.
  • Options
    Only thing booked is another charity bike ride at the beginning of May (Med to the Atlantic, via the Pyrennees - sp?) this time...am even thinking of buying a new bike to help me get up the hills (instead of just training of course)..

Wife might have February off, in which case might manage a week or two somewhere...no idea where and will depend on if we're taking CC Jnr with us or leaving him with my parents.. Will also manage at least one long weekend to stay with the CAFC supporters club, Stockholm branch....
  • Options
    Can throughly reccomend Monument Valley, March51. The single most awe inspiring place i've ever had the fortune to visit... Stayed in a motel on one of the reserves and while basic and dry, the sun rise over the buttes is difficult to describe in words.

Probably a family holiday to Southern Europe in May time. By which time i hope the € has dropped in value in line with the issues that havn't quite hit the EU just yet.
  • Options
    Thanks T. Perhaps Mrs. M will let me out on my own for a week or two.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Probably a family holiday to Southern Europe in May time. By which time i hope the € has dropped in value in line with the issues that havn't quite hit the EU just yet.

Hoping the same happens with the dollar mate.... 1.5, compared to nearly 2 when we last went, is really going to hurt!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Egypt or Turkey in May

Still can't quite get why people spend good money on going to these hell holes!! Good luck mate.
  • Options
    Think I must be the only person loving the fact the $ has swung back against the £, it will make going home for Christmas a bit less expensive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Think I must be the only person loving the fact the $ has swung back against the £, it will make going home for Christmas a bit less expensive.

No problem with that mate, so long as it swings back in time for May!!
  • Options
    I'll give you that, as long as it swings the other way in July ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Egypt or Turkey in May

Still can't quite get why people spend good money on going to these hell holes!! Good luck mate.

Mate you used to think travelling through London Bridge was hell ;)!!!

Turkey is lovely mate (not everyone likes stabbing Leeds fans). The people are approachable, love kids, very respectful, bend over backwards to help (even if they're not getting paid for it), you can more or less guarantee the weather between early May and early Oct, the local food is great and its not in the € zone so its a lot cheaper than holidaying in Spain for example.

I haven't been to Egypt since I was a kid but if we do go there it'll be to an all inclusive resort in Sham. So as long as the sun is shining, the beer cold, the food is decent, there's plenty to keep the kids happy, and the missus can spend 8 hours a day frying herself then its all good.

My rule of thumb for holidays is that if the kids are having a good time, I'll have a good time.

If the kids aren't, then the wife wont, then I wont cos she'll be moaning at me non stop and I'll just end up getting shedded every day and this will lead to more nagging from the wife, which means more drinking….Its a snowball effect ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I'll give you that, as long as it swings the other way in July ;-)

We should stop talking about swinging mate... Carter will be getting excited
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I'll give you that, as long as it swings the other way in July ;-)

We should stop talking about swinging mate... Carter will be getting excited

Carter is permanently excited mate...
  • Options
    New York in the summer, maybe Ukraine away and probably Thailand as everyone seems to be moving out there.
  • Options
    Honeymoon booked for 3 weeks in July - Vegas, Hawaii and San Francisco
  • Options
    Rome was deffo worth a look, we got lucky with the weather over the weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Me I'm off to Paris, Egypt, turkey and Tunisa
  • Options
    2 weeks in Mexico in Frebruary for a bit of warmth.

It's a bracing -42 this morning !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Still can't quite get why people spend good money on going to these hell holes!! Good luck mate.

I wonder why you don't like these HOT countries.

[cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]2 weeks in Mexico in Frebruary for a bit of warmth.

It's a bracing -42 this morning !!

F***ing hell -42 now that's cold.
  • Options
    Florida in Feb for me...That is about it at the moment unfortunately.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Me I'm off to Paris, Egypt, turkey and Tunisa

lol, nice one mr Dyer

its not the heat i object to ledge, its the shitholes these people decide to holiday at!! It just miffs me why someone would actually want to go to tunisia!! or paris, a fricking hell hole, i mean you wouldn't want to go on holiday to stockwell now would you!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully Croatia in the Summer and then NYC at Christmas
  • Options
    Absolutely no-where, judging by the hoards of you intending to visit Portugal. :-(
  • Options
    maybe Dubai in March, Cornwall in may, Somerset in june and Ireland in September. lottery win in February hopefully.
  • Options
    My Holidays are always working tours ( Music, not mortgages) Paid to go on holiday with a great crowd.. :-)

Guernsey- early may for a few days and hopefully ( please!!!!) either India or Zambia (again) for 3 weeks in early september so far....
  • Options
    hoping California in Easter.

hoping there might still be snow in Lake Tahoe so we can do a week's skiing and a week surfing...
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I mean you wouldn't want to go on holiday to stockwell now would you!!

I'd rather holiday in Darfur than Stockwell mate....
  • Options
    going here, apparently its a lovely place..

hotel-california1.jpg
  • Options
    But you would holiday in dafur, it aint that different to egypt!! i mean in the last 5 posts, i have seen croatia (War torn) zambia (oh man where to start!!) India (losing the will to live) and dubai (why just why!!)

ANyway i am going to bosnia this this year!!
  • Options
    LOL.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]But you would holiday in dafur, it aint that different to egypt!! i mean in the last 5 posts, i have seen croatia (War torn) zambia (oh man where to start!!) India (losing the will to live) and dubai (why just why!!)

ANyway i am going to bosnia this this year!!

Have you been to any of these places Ollie?