Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2009

Comments

• Options
    What do you think??
  • Options
    Qatar work Jan ,Qatar work March ---------- Thailand for Songkran in April. Russia or Nigeria June (woopppppppppeeeeeee)
  • Options
    I'm thinking a couple of weeks in sunny belvedere
  • Options
    dear God stay either offf the tablets mate or get back on em quick !!!
  • Options
    Theyre nothing like youre making out. Rather like saying that the whole of London is a dump based on Stockwell
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Trying to get somewhere warm at Easter without breaking the bank, perhaps a villa in Lanzarote, anyone had good experience of there or other suggestions? I think mainland Europe might be too cool in April. Oh yeah and don't fancy arab countries.
  • Options
    Cuba for a couple of weeks in June - all booked up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Cuba for a couple of weeks in June - all booked up.

yeah its alright mate but very basic!! They are skint everything decent is either around your hotel or Havanna!!

Get yourself involved in the seafood though mate pukka!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Trying to get somewhere warm at Easter without breaking the bank, perhaps a villa in Lanzarote, anyone had good experience of there or other suggestions? I think mainland Europe might be too cool in April. Oh yeah and don't fancy arab countries.

Cyprus is a brilliant easter break...
  • Options
    Just back from a week in Lanzarote

Likely to be spending my next holiday in Bocking-upon-Essex as we are moving to a new house and have no money!

If we can scrape it together though we might head to South of France for a fortnight in august
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Is lanzarote, lanzagrotty?
  • Options
    Going to Florence in 4 weeks. Fiorentina v Siena.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite] we might head to South of France for a fortnight in august

Nothing personal Swisdom but this always makes me chuckle

why do people always say the south of france rather than just france.

Don't normally hear people saying- "i'm of to the south of germany" or "south of spain"
  • Options
    doubt will go away this year, baby adam the addick will be a bit to young for going to far, went to estepona in spain last year loved it will be going back there once he is a bit bigger, he will be about 5 months come hoiliday time so may just do a week in cornwall or somthing and save for next year going back to estepona!!!! cant f'ing wait...
  • Options
    Been to Tobago for a week in Jan already - lovely.

Got a week booked at the beginning of September in Italy - first of all Venice, then on to Bergamo and a couple of days at the Italian GP.

Otherwise long weekends away in Scotland and especially Kintyre whenever we get the chance.
  • Options
    going Orlando again wish I hadn't booked it now with the exchange rate and credit crunch etc,.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Going to Florence in 4 weeks. Fiorentina v Siena.

Best city in The World Suzi.

Best team in Italy. Local derby as well - try and sit on the side terrace by the away fans - superb atmosphere as they try and climb out of their 30metre high cage to get at the locals. You'll never see so many motor scooters than outside the ground - and heavily armed police as you leave!

Forza Viola!
  • Options
    Going to barcelona for a weekend mid march, seeing barcelona playing another spanish team - i forget who. Also in summer planning to go to Scotland, camping in Yorkshire Dales and Lake District on the way. Next year planning trip to Canada
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]going Orlando again wish I hadn't booked it now with the exchange rate and credit crunch etc,.

Ditto to that Steve! Might not be going if I get booted out
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Going to Florence in 4 weeks. Fiorentina v Siena.[/quote]

Best team in Italy. Local derby as well - try and sit on the side terrace by the away fans - superb atmosphere as they try and climb out of their 30metre high cage to get at the locals. You'll never see so many motor scooters than outside the ground - and heavily armed police as you leave!

Forza Viola![/quote]

Studying Renaissance Art night class at the moment, and the first 4 weeks have all been about how great Florence is. Unfortunately went 14 years ago and was less interested, now desparate to go. If you have time take a trip to Fiesole, if i remember correctly can take local bus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to a couple of games in Florence at Italia 90 on honeymoon! Enjoy it, Suzi :-)
  • Options
    Nothing and unlikely to be anything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Nothing and unlikely to be anything.

Aww, Len. You can come and see us in Scotland if you like ;-)
  • Options
    Likewise Len, my son gets married in september so all the spare cash will go on the "Good Lady's" new frock etc. But hoping to do Australia again in 2011 for our 30th anniversary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Nothing and unlikely to be anything.

Aww, Len. You can come and see us in Scotland if you like ;-)

I don't get a lot of holiday (statutory minimum only) and invariably have to use what I do have for family "chores" rather than pleasure.

I did have a pleasant 3 days in Switzerland back in October visiting my daughter which was my first holiday since 2006.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Going to Florence in 4 weeks. Fiorentina v Siena.

Forza Viola!

Studying Renaissance Art night class at the moment, and the first 4 weeks have all been about how great Florence is. Unfortunately went 14 years ago and was less interested, now desparate to go. If you have time take a trip to Fiesole, if i remember correctly can take local bus

addickted - is it easy enough to get tickets on the day if its a derby?
  • Options
    Razil - a villa near Albufeira surely!!!

It will be pretty warm by April...
  • Options
    I'd love to go away this summer but cannot see it as I think me and Tash have split up and she would of paid. Gutted!!

However I am off to Belgium for a long weekend at the opening of my mates Irish bar in March. Large!!
  • Options
    Pop down to our place on the beach in Southern Spain in March. Try and take in a Malaga game. They are a bit like Charlton in size and a lot of loan players, but they are 6th in La Liga. Then to NYC in late May and off to the Caribbean from there. Can't wait!
  • Options
    I hear monarch are doing a sale at the moment, could that be a bad sign though??