Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Didnt Bolasie turn us down in favour of Bristol, time for him to correct that mistake, maybe.
  • J BLOCK said:

weren't we after him the other year?
    Yep. He turned us down for Bristol City. Doubt CP would go back for him.

Also, he's a left winger. Last position we need at the moment.
    adds pace that jacko doesn't have? plus on the counter he'd be deadly
  • J BLOCK said:

weren't we after him the other year?
    Yep. He turned us down for Bristol City. Doubt CP would go back for him.

Also, he's a left winger. Last position we need at the moment.
    adds pace that jacko doesn't have? plus on the counter he'd be deadly
    Jordan Cook adds the pace that Jackson doesnt have.

• Don't hold out much hope for Bolasie. Bristol City don't want or need to sell so it'll be a decent fee he goes for. Rather focus the money on a striker (perhaps a specific one) myself

Spot on. We need a QUALITY striker and central midfielder now.

If Bolasie can play on the right, then may be a possibility because I still doubt that either Green, Waggy or even Pritch have the wherewithal to damage good championship level teams from the right flank.

• We have Haynes, Green, Wagstaff, Wilson and Pritchard for the right hand side, we don't need anyone else
  • our mate dervite tweeted this earlier

Dervite Dorian ‏@Doderv23
    2/3 weeks to get fit and be back in shape.. #hardwork

wont be seeing him too soon then
  • On the back of yesterday's performance against Birmingham, I wanted to look at the overall squad and see where we actually do need strengthening, and where perhaps we are overcovered and could look at offloading someone to make a potential transfer into the club.

GK: Hamer, Sullivan (Pope)
    RB: Solly, Wilson, Hughes
    CB: Morrison, Cort, Taylor, Dervite (Mambo)
    LB: Wiggins, Evina, Jackson
    RM: Pritchard, Haynes, Wagstaff, Wilson, Green
    CM: Hollands, Stephens, Pritchard, Hughes
    LM: Jackson, Cook, Haynes, Evina
    "In the hole": Green, Wagstaff, Cook
    ST: Kermorgant, BWP, Haynes (Smith)

I think going into the Birmingham game, my worry about the CM was that we would have no quality/would be overrun. Those worries, it seems, weren't justified and so I am relatively happy with our CM options although a creative player on loan that can also play off the striker might be worth a look.

Up front, it highlights what we already knew, we're light. Powell clearly is not interested in Hayes and Clarke at this level and so we need a battering ram to compete with Yann and if we can afford the luxury, we need a pacey forward with the intelligence of Hayes that can offer something that BWP can't. Perhaps a Prem loan could cover that once clubs announce their 25?

At centre back, it all depends on the quality of Dervite but I believe Powell is satisfied in this position until January at least. Not expecting any movement here.

What wasn't so clear to me before was how much cover we have at RM. Could we sell on Wagstaff or Green to free up some further funds?
  • For me it all boils down to can we keep our main players fit?If yes then I would expect us to finish halfway,if no then I think we will struggle.A couple of new signings that would enhance the squad would change that.Still think centre of midfield and another striker would do it .
  • edited August 2012

Ex target of ours, Yannick Bolasie of Bristol City, has put a transfer request as he wants to move back to London. Palace and us linked.

We can only have one Yann
  • Hayes will be joining Brentford tomorrow, I'm guessin
  • Sponsored links:

• Hayes will be joining Brentford tomorrow, I'm guessin

I have heard that he has already signed for Brentford and it will be announced Monday.See what you did with the guessin.
  • Something is imminent I reckon.
  • Im guessin Boogica could be quite entertaining this season

Glad Hayes has gone just didn't fit in with the aim

Now we have no aim he can go
  • Something is imminent I reckon.

it would seem so
  • Let's hope so - I think that we need to add a quality striker. I wouldn't be surprised if we got said striker in on loan, though.
  • As long as Franny Jeffers ain't coming in....
  • edited August 2012
    Unless Wagstaff or Green go N'Guesson is doubtful. Hayes goes tomorrow and striker comes in to replace him.
  • Unless Wagstaff or Green go N'Guesson is doubtful. Hayes goes tomorrow and striker comes in to replace him.

that striker being....
  • David Mooney.
  • J BLOCK said:

Unless Wagstaff or Green go N'Guesson is doubtful. Hayes goes tomorrow and striker comes in to replace him.

that striker being....
    Not Baldock.

• Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

that striker being....
    who knows!!!
  • J BLOCK said:

that striker being....
    who knows!!!
    Ricardo Fuller would be my guess. Target man out - target man in.
  • On the back of yesterday's performance against Birmingham, I wanted to look at the overall squad and see where we actually do need strengthening, and where perhaps we are overcovered and could look at offloading someone to make a potential transfer into the club.

GK: Hamer, Sullivan (Pope)
    RB: Solly, Wilson, Hughes
    CB: Morrison, Cort, Taylor, Dervite (Mambo)
    LB: Wiggins, Evina, Jackson
    RM: Pritchard, Haynes, Wagstaff, Wilson, Green
    CM: Hollands, Stephens, Pritchard, Hughes
    LM: Jackson, Cook, Haynes, Evina
    "In the hole": Green, Wagstaff, Cook
    ST: Kermorgant, BWP, Haynes (Smith)

I think going into the Birmingham game, my worry about the CM was that we would have no quality/would be overrun. Those worries, it seems, weren't justified and so I am relatively happy with our CM options although a creative player on loan that can also play off the striker might be worth a look.

Up front, it highlights what we already knew, we're light. Powell clearly is not interested in Hayes and Clarke at this level and so we need a battering ram to compete with Yann and if we can afford the luxury, we need a pacey forward with the intelligence of Hayes that can offer something that BWP can't. Perhaps a Prem loan could cover that once clubs announce their 25?

At centre back, it all depends on the quality of Dervite but I believe Powell is satisfied in this position until January at least. Not expecting any movement here.

What wasn't so clear to me before was how much cover we have at RM. Could we sell on Wagstaff or Green to free up some further funds?

you missed out Kerkar aswell. I don't think we need a cm, just a striker or two to replace Hayes and Clarke. I also wouldn't mind a midfielder if Green and/or Hughes are let go. I think the squad is decent enough.
  • I think a defensive midfielder would be a sensible addition. there's not a lot of cover for Hollands in the squad, don't know how well Stephens and Pritch would do as a central pair if they had to play together for a couple of months.
  • Have Hughes aswell though, and Wilson has played their before.
  • I think we need a central midfielder who can break things up, allowing Hollands/Stephens/whoever to play more advanced, and a striker, a target man who hangs around and poaches, bit like Lambert or Holt

If we had any funds left, a new goalkeeper and get Sullivan on loan, and a centre back who is good enough to be challenging for a starting place, as I don't think Dervite is that guy (yet) but they are luxuries and we can cope without them
  • I doubt we will be going for a new CB, we have 4 now and wouldn't have signed Dervite if Powell hadn't rated him. I agree about a CM, I started a thread bout Josh McEachran and I think if we could get him in on loan it would be great.
  • RICARDO FULLER is at the centre of a three-way fight between Championship rivals Charlton, Hull and Middlesbrough. - the sun
  • Having a medical with Charlton tomorrow according to Twitter
  • I thought SCP laughed this Fuller rumour off last week ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!