Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Wyn is a well respected writer on the finances of world football clubs.

Never knew he got his info from the tea lady.
  • Wyn is a well respected writer on the finances of world football clubs.

Never knew he got his info from the tea lady.

Never reveal your, erm, sauces.....

• Wyn has been rather dismissive of the various rumours of financial issues over the past few months so perhaps his allusion to getting this info from the "tea lady" was tongue in cheek.
  • Just hope none of them are eating Cheerios

Hope they have a Fuller breakfast than that.

Hope they have a Fuller breakfast than that.

Great code
  • Players seem to be losing weight, toilets are dirty, If I or the peoPle ITK revealed their source as the fecking tea lady 3/4 of CL would of jumped down our throats, Weird!
  • Does this mean the food and pitiful standard of service out on the concources is set to get even worse.....as if that's possible?
  • Does this mean the food and pitiful standard of service out on the concources is set to get even worse.....as if that's possible?

From what i've heard we are now getting the scraps from the end of the day from Pret A Manger that used to go to the homeless.
  • oby Porter ‏@PorterSLP
    #Millwall turn down bid from #CAFC for Dany N'Guessan - further details in tomorrow's South London Press

• Sponsored links:

• Why still DNG ffs
  • DeeBee said:

Why still DNG ffs

half decent versatile attacking player who has played in this league. Fitted in well last season. Powell knows him. Also we have no money to bring in anything better.
  • Bottom of barrel stuff but that's all we can afford it would seem.
    Much prefer this situation - a unified, winning, hungry team added to with hard workers like DNG - than when Pardew had mega bucks and was blowing it on the likes of McLeod and Gray.
  • I am usually very upbeat but DNG is a waste of wages and fee. If it is him or nothing stay as we are for now and spend it if needed in January
  • Rather we spend the fee for DNG on a good hearty breakfast for the squad in the mornings
  • I thought DNG did okay last season. For 200k I'd buy him.
  • Cafc twitter suggesting loads going on at sparrows lane today. Could it be. We've found new catering suppliers.
  • I heard that a bloke was seen walking into Sparrows Lane with a plate full of sausage rolls and what looked like a catering pack of Ki Ora. Personally my feelings of dread and misgiving have been sated...for now.
  • I expect at least 3 signings and 2 leaving then! ;-)
  • Having a medical with Charlton tomorrow according to Twitter

What Twitter feed?

Yes please, Mr FlyingKiwi, can we have the link please?

Nevertheless, several people have this rumour, so let me ask everyone what I asked on the Fuller thread. Does this one look like a Chris Powell signing? Not sure it does to me: 33 in October, sometimes overweight, sometimes slaps his own captain, couldn't agree terms with Stoke....On his day a good striker. But on his day, Jimmy Floyd PiggyBank was a great striker...

• Sponsored links:

• I've heard we're going to cook Clarke and eat him, which should tide us over for the rest of the season.
  • at least one in one out today
  • 'couldn't agree terms with Stoke'

I thought Stoke didn't offer him any. Fuller wanted another year but Stoke let him go. They are in the PL after all, an established side now, and have an abundance of decent strikers. Anyway, Ricky has unfinished busines with us ......

I thought Stoke didn't offer him any. Fuller wanted another year but Stoke let him go. They are in the PL after all, an established side now, and have an abundance of decent strikers. Anyway, Ricky has unfinished busines with us ......

so he's the one in then?

• If the deal is right, he's good cover, the goals have dried up a bit at Stoke in recent years, but then he's not played as much
  • edited August 2012
    If the wages are right then Fuller could be a real boost for us. And since he's out of contract and no one has taken him half a loaf at Charlton may seem better than no loaf at all.

Just hope it's a very thorough medical and that we aren't getting him, like JFH, a year too late in his career.

But when it's on the OS...............
  • Hayes out and Fuller in, would be very happy with that (not that I'd actually want to personally see Hayes go, but clearly he's not in the plans)
  • Could it be possible that TJ wants to choose which players we have at the club, but allows CP to actually choose the team from that group of players?
    It is not an uncommon trait in owners, didn't Abramovitch do this very thing with Smertin?
  • Having a medical with Charlton tomorrow according to Twitter

What Twitter feed?

Yes please, Mr FlyingKiwi, can we have the link please?

Nevertheless, several people have this rumour, so let me ask everyone what I asked on the Fuller thread. Does this one look like a Chris Powell signing? Not sure it does to me: 33 in October, sometimes overweight, sometimes slaps his own captain, couldn't agree terms with Stoke....On his day a good striker. But on his day, Jimmy Floyd PiggyBank was a great striker...

I think Powelly tends to assess whether or not he can get the most out of the player's character. BWP had (still has somehow) a reputation of being a lazy player with no sense of team-spirit, and Yann had a reputation of being a miserable, unfreindly clogger. In fact I remember Powell saying as much about Yann in an interview. I think Powell makes it clear to the player that their attitude has to improve and it seems to have worked so far. He's managed to keep a whole team happy, apart from poor old Hayesy, despite playing a consistent 11 almost all season. If anyone can get the most out of Fuller it's our manager

Anyway, Ricky has unfinished busines with us ......

You really think he gives a flying kiwi about that?

I'd be happy with Hayes out/ Fuller in if the total cost to Charlton is unaffected, i.e. Fuller gets no more than Hayes (maybe adjusted for a pay as you play deal)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!