Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• He scored a couple of vital goals at a key time last year.

some people have forgotten that already

• Hoped for better but we need a striker and it looks like he's probably the best we can afford.

At least he should be able to play with BWP/Haynes or Yann.
  • Would rather we waited, tried to offload Clarke for as long as it takes then with new funds free if possible get someone with a bit more quality, in Jan if necessary. Dont see what DNG offers beyond our current options, could even play Waggy/Kerkar up top as backup as we have a big enough squad in midfield.

Just my opinion tho and CP is in a much better position than me to make the call
  • edited August 2012
    Please don't buy DNG SCP. He's a top league 1 striker at best and I don't reckon he's good enough for the Championship.
  • I think DNG did well for us last year. He scored a couple of vital goals at a key time last year.

Along with Lee Cook he did add something to our last push last season ,I think L1 is his level I would be worried if he paid a fee or gave him more than a one year contract ( he is on a two year deal at the Spanners ).

• I think for 100k DNG would be good value. But obviously he will not be a first team player, which is what many people want. With our budget we're lucky to sign anyone at the moment. He is certainly more of a handful and versitle than young Micheal Smith so as a 4th choice front man, with Haynes injury record, I'd take him.
  • Thought Fuller was signing according to this thread yesterday ? That one dead ?

Yannick Bolasie?

:3

Has someone been murdered just behind SCP?
  • Whats wrong with Haynes then? Didn't know he was injured.

• Not arguing just for the sake of it but would like to get over another point of view regarding this. Firstly can I state up front that I think DNG is or would be a squad player that we don't need provided we are getting in another striker. If not for whatever reason then it might just be worth it. Big lad who doesn't lack for effort and is known by the manager and reportedly wants to come. Just because he's out of favour at the Den it doesn't mean he's not good enough. Many would argue with some vigour that recently departed Paul Hayes was good enough for the championship yet was very out of favour with SCP. I was hoping for a more proven striker but if we have no money which it now appears certain then DNG might not be a bad acquisition.

Understand your point of view SHG, but I wouldn't want DNG even if he was on a free transfer let alone costing £200k plus wages. I reckon Hayes is the better player of the two (although I agree he had to leave) but he went because we need to free up money for a higher quality signing. Even a loan (Baldock, maybe) would cost.

I would rather throw one of our young strikers from the U18s into the mix - see how good they are, rather than spend money on the likes of DNG.
  • Sponsored links:

apparently he is but all being kept very hush hush

apparently he is but all being kept very hush hush

None the wiser then!
  • DNG is not good enough for the Championship IMO. I did see him at Preston and did not think he had the best game there. Appreciate he scroed some goals just don;t think he would make the step up. If we have money we should get someone better, if we don't then why spend out on a player who will just fill out the squad. Would rather see Azeez given a chance.
  • If Chrissy thinks he can use him as part of are plans then im happy for him to join, even if he would not of been my first choice.

Plus he did a good job last year for us and as we are seeing the step up is not as steep as many on here thought.
  • danny n'gussean played regulary for leicester in the champ season they got play offs...
  • Struggling to believe that Millwall turned down £200k for him.

We were meant to be getting him free and then they asked for £150k to which we said no.

This will drag on until Millwall decide that they would rather get his wages off their books than hold out for a fee and then we'll get him cheap.

That's unless we sign Fuller and/or Baldock first in which case Smallwall will be stuck with him.

• I have heard a rumour that Chris Powell has fell out with Danny Haynes because he is being petulant and sulky probhably thinks he should be starting................
  • kermit said:

I have heard a rumour that Chris Powell has fell out with Danny Haynes because he is being petulant and sulky probhably thinks he should be starting................

Really? Because the way SCP celebrated Haynes' goal in our last home match I find that hard to believe.
  • they can have him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd have him for 100k. Him and Haynes off the bench in the last 30 would still scare the bejeezus out of defences in this league.
  • kermit said:

I have heard a rumour that Chris Powell has fell out with Danny Haynes because he is being petulant and sulky probhably thinks he should be starting................

Really? Because the way SCP celebrated Haynes' goal in our last home match I find that hard to believe.
    May have just been celebrating the goal not necessarily the person who scored it. Also that was last season could have fell out with him recently.
  • Fernando Llorente's agent: "I don't know the [choice of] club but there's two [interested] clubs. One is in London, and one in Manchester."

Hmm, have we moved on from Baldock?
  • Spurs were linked, could see Arsenal in for him now aswell though. My mate knows Haynes anyway and said his hamstring is playing up again so I think we should forget about a bust up. That said he could by lying but I hope not.
  • I'd have him for 100k. Him and Haynes off the bench in the last 30 would still scare the bejeezus out of defences in this league.

Really ? Ones a sprinter who's an ok footballer, the other is a lumbering millwall reserve.
  • Fernando Llorente's agent: "I don't know the [choice of] club but there's two [interested] clubs. One is in London, and one in Manchester."

Hmm, have we moved on from Baldock?

Spurs were linked, could see Arsenal in for him now aswell though. My mate knows Haynes anyway and said his hamstring is playing up again so I think we should forget about a bust up. That said he could by lying but I hope not.

Can't see Arsenal wanting him, they already have 2 'big' strikers in Chamakh and Giroud

Anyway, N'Guessan isn't lumbering! Well, not compared to Hayes and Clarke anyway
  • Sky say: "The Owls are looking to add creativity to their ranks and believe N'Guessan would be a shrewd purchase."

DNG may bring to the table several attributes, but I've never thought that creativity is his greatest asset.
  • I still think Arsenal will want to replace RVP, although I get the point about similarities with Giroud. Doubt Chamakh will play even if they can't sell him.
  • If we pay more than 100k for DNG i would be disappointed. I liked the guy but if money is tight i think we could best use that 200k for loaning a decent player for the season if necessary.
  • if i were arsenal id rather have giroud, podolski and llorente than rvp, chamakh, park and arshavin, if they do get llorente, theyll probably still breakeven and have done good business especially with sahin on loan
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!