Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Kenny Jackett confirmed after their game tonight that DNG is unhappy and wants to leave and sign for us.

• He's a very good player, shame we couldnt afford him at this time. Hopefully not another ebanks blake that we'll all be referring to down the line.

Sadly, if you don't have the money, you don't have the money.
  • More on DNG. Interesting that there are better offers on the table for him.

KENNY Jackett has confirmed that Millwall striker Dany N'Guessan wants to secure a move away from the club.

N'Guessan has been the subject of a failed bid from Charlton, where he enjoyed a successful loan spell during the second-half of last season, and wants to return to The Valley.

But Jackett has revealed that the Lions have superior offers on the table from other clubs for the former Leicester frontman - with Sheffield Wednesday reportedly interested.

"Dany's not happy at the club and he does want to move on," he said after his side's 2-1 win at Peterborough.

"It's a tough situation because he wants to go to Charlton but we've had better offers from other clubs.

"I won't close the door on Dany because I think he's a talented football. I would never say he doesn't have a future at the club.

"He has the potential to do very well and score goals in the Championship. But I've decided to go with Darius Henderson and Andy Keogh at the start of the season and that's my choice. It's a frustrating situation for everyone."
  • Would have stung a lot more had we not got Fuller. After tonights game I wouldn't mind seeing a proper hard-tackling midfield thug (with silky skills if that's not too much to ask.) Hollands looked a bit off the pace and Stephens is never going to be combative, they seemed outplayed to me.
  • It's a tough situation because he wants to go to Charlton but we've had better offers from other clubs
    Sounds like a way of trying to make us pay over the odds to me

• "It's a tough situation because he wants to go to Charlton but we've had better offers from other clubs"

The power of Powell.
  • 2 questions

1) I know we're not done with rumours , but is that us done on the transfer front now this transfer window?

2) Do you think we'll sign DNG now RF has signed?
  • 2 more.

maybe on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    What positions do you think we need to still fill Carly Burn?
  • If true it's nice to see a player wanting to join us. Hopefully we can get him in, plus maybe a loanee CM on loan from someone and our squad will be okay especially with Haynes and Waggy coming back.
  • 1 midfield
    1 centre half

preferably with Championship experience.
  • thenewbie said:

Would have stung a lot more had we not got Fuller. After tonights game I wouldn't mind seeing a proper hard-tackling midfield thug (with silky skills if that's not too much to ask.) Hollands looked a bit off the pace and Stephens is never going to be combative, they seemed outplayed to me.

Nicky Bailey would do this job!
  • We could do with a Darel Russell style player, someone to control central midfield when we are being overrun (like tonight), could then release Andy Hughes?
  • thought stephens and holland s battled them off the park especially first half, gave them no time and throwing bodies in the way
  • We could do with a Darel Russell style player, someone to control central midfield when we are being overrun (like tonight), could then release Andy Hughes?

Was thinking a Hughes type.Not sure Russel's the answer though.

• I am still woried about cover for Solly.

Rumours still persist that WHU still want him to sign. Even if this does not happen I would like to see a proper RB as back up.

If you really want that hard tackling midfielder, I suppose you could always ask Barton if he wants a game!
  • That was last season I heard he upset him

kermit said:

I have heard a rumour that Chris Powell has fell out with Danny Haynes because he is being petulant and sulky probhably thinks he should be starting................

Really? Because the way SCP celebrated Haynes' goal in our last home match I find that hard to believe.
  • I agree that another midfielder would be nice and would give us a squad that could really challenge for promotion. After watching the pace of the game last night it's fair to say that this season is going to take much much more out of the players than last season (there were periods when Jackson and even Pritchard looked f*cked after putting in so much effort). Stephen Quinn would be the answer for me. Sheff Utd have already said they will struggle to keep their top earners and Id say they would be very tempted to get him off their wage bill if they received an offer around the mark we magically conjured up for Laurie Wilson.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we also need another midfielder, Stephens and Hollands were amazing last night though. Their work rate and play was top notch, yet it had an effect, they tired visibly as the game went on. First half they were the springboard for everything we did and also remember Hollands set up Yann's goal
  • Totally agree with the above comments about having another centre mid player, the game was so fast it was like a cup tie, the players will be knackered at that rate, can't afford too many players being off the pace at this level, and expect to get away with it regularly.
  • @cfgs

I believe you owe me a beer :D
  • Defensive midfielder for me, someone with energy and aggression but can play a bit (not a Semedo).

Sell Clarke and possibly Hughes and the squad should be complete. Maybe even room to let one of Green and Waggy go if a decent offer comes in.
  • @cfgs

I believe you owe me a beer :D

Indeed but I can hide, will arrange to meet up when I am not driving to the Valley
  • We beat the best team in the league last night as a result of central midfield dominance.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Gazcafc81 said:

Pete O'Rourke @SkySportsPeteO

Sky Sports understands West Ham striker Sam Baldock is set to sign for Bristol City. #WHUFC #BCFC

Maybe Baldock was waiting on us after all and now we have Fuller has given up?
    To be fair if we wanted Baldock bad enough, we would have got him.

I am sure Murray/Slater and Jimenez could have come up with £1.5m between them, let alone whoever else is on the board

Was wages a factor? Who knows.
    we have spent nearly the last two months trying to raise the money. We wanted him, he wanted to come, terms were agreed, we have not got the money. End of.

• What happened to the Khalifa Cisse rumour?

He seems like the sort of midfielder being talked about in the last few posts
  • In today's daily star, it states that us and the massives are in a £500,000 tussle for n'guessan. Wtf?? The price seems to be going up and up.
  • We beat the best team in the league last night as a result of central midfield dominance.

No way were we dominant in central midfield in the 2nd half, as Leicester took control of the game. Apart from anything else, JJ, Hollands and Stephens were clearly getting tired, and we could have done with a Russell/Hughes style player to boost the energy levels.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!