Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• We beat the best team in the league last night as a result of central midfield dominance.

No way were we dominant in central midfield in the 2nd half, as Leicester took control of the game. Apart from anything else, JJ, Hollands and Stephens were clearly getting tired, and we could have done with a Russell/Hughes style player to boost the energy levels.

Think you're right. What's Henri Lansbury doing at the moment?
  • Well spotted earlier sonic :)

Yeah, good work sonic, finally a legit spotting from someone on here !

Think Sonic is going to try and post a pic - was sitting 3 seats away tonight
    i didnt get a pic... i thought him being paraded at half time was proof enough. He was 3 seats from me but was on his phone all game...
  • edited August 2012
    This is how i see the squad. I just can't see powell wanting more than 2 players per position. Especially with the financial situation. Were we to sign another player, it would make an existing player surplus.

Kermogant .      BWP 
                                Fuller.              Haynes
                                Clarke.               

Jackson.    Hollands.    Stephens.         Green.
    Cook           Pritchard.    Hughes.            Wagstaff.
    Kerkar.                  

Wiggins.      Taylor.         Morrison.             Solly
    Evina.           Dervite.       Cort                    Wilson

Hamer
                                          Sullivan.

• @DannyAddick - If it was me, I'd take out Clarke in that and put in Smith..
  • The right midfield position is just nowhere good enough for championship level, can't expect pritchard to play there all season. Bring in someone like andros townsend in
  • Sage said:

@DannyAddick - If it was me, I'd take out Clarke in that and put in Smith..

He's still a player! My point was, surely powell can't bring in new players until others have left. When a club has little/no money, they can't bring in a 6th senior striker and let another rot (clarke).

• Makes you wonder why we want to spend money on dng
  • Redrobo said:

I am still woried about cover for Solly.

Rumours still persist that WHU still want him to sign. Even if this does not happen I would like to see a proper RB as back up.

If you really want that hard tackling midfielder, I suppose you could always ask Barton if he wants a game!

Wilson?
  • If Solly did go (and I really don't think he will) then I'm sure we'd have someone lined up to replace him - even if Wilson was good enough just to slot in (which I don't think he is as first choice) we'd still be left weak in that area. Thankfully after a week or so we can stop worrying about losing him until Jan.

If we maintain the levels of our first two performances between now and December I reckon TJ will be able to attract more investment into the club as we'd be knocking on the door of the play-offs / Prem and we could see some more Prem ready players coming in during January.

For now though - I reckon we won't see any more coming in or out - apart from a Premier League winger on loan p'raps.
  • Solly isn't ready for the premiership
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

Redrobo said:

I am still woried about cover for Solly.

Rumours still persist that WHU still want him to sign. Even if this does not happen I would like to see a proper RB as back up.

If you really want that hard tackling midfielder, I suppose you could always ask Barton if he wants a game!

Wilson?
    Exactly. See him more as defensive midfielder when we are holding on, like he was used yesterday. I think he would struggle at RB. I hope I'm wrong though.
  • PopIcon said:

Solly isn't ready for the premiership

I definitely have to vigorously disagree!! (unless of course you are using reverse psychology)
  • kermit said:

That was last season I heard he upset him

kermit said:

I have heard a rumour that Chris Powell has fell out with Danny Haynes because he is being petulant and sulky probhably thinks he should be starting................

Really? Because the way SCP celebrated Haynes' goal in our last home match I find that hard to believe.

From the OS

"One player who is not in full health at the moment is fellow forward Danny Haynes, though, who is recovering from his latest injury setback.

The lightning-fast attacker has been beset by hamstring trouble since signing for the club in January and, although the problem appeared to be behind him, the 24-year-old suffered a recurrence during the pre-season campaign.

After being ruled out of the Championship opener at Birmingham City, Haynes was also absent from the matchday squad against Leicester.

"He was close to being fit for Birmingham, but just felt his hamstring,” Powell confirmed.

“We’ll monitor him and make sure he’s 100 per cent before he gets back training again.”
  • http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/21291/town-charlton-and-brighton-offered-ex-birmingham-midfielder

Guirane N'Daw. Defensive midfielder sounds like he would be ideal if fit.

If he's the chap I think he is then he's like a wardrobe. Big big unit and was pretty decent
  • http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/21291/town-charlton-and-brighton-offered-ex-birmingham-midfielder

Guirane N'Daw. Defensive midfielder sounds like he would be ideal if fit.

Positives

He comes from Senegal so he already has a song waiting for him.

He is 6, 3"

Negatives

He plays for St Etienne so we will have endless puns on songs by band of same name

His name is "Endor" so even more bad Bored of the Rings puns
  • African Cup player too? Not sure if they qualified
  • We havent seen a wardrobe like this since ... well .... Amdy Faye
  • Henry, you're mixing Mordor with Endor - the latter leading to very tall (rather than small) furry Ewok related puns......
  • thenewbie said:

Would have stung a lot more had we not got Fuller. After tonights game I wouldn't mind seeing a proper hard-tackling midfield thug (with silky skills if that's not too much to ask.) Hollands looked a bit off the pace and Stephens is never going to be combative, they seemed outplayed to me.

Nicky Bailey would do this job!
    I wouldn't mind Nicky back but there are two problems

He wouldn't come cheap
    He left on a sour note
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah you mean the blazing over in the penalty shoot out? If we hold this against him, then we are no better than the Leics fans are we?
    However the wages, you to this spot on...
  • there's no way we can afford to bring Bailey back. I don't even mean the wages.
  • Well we can't sign both N'Guessan and N'Daw, the club will run out of apostrophes
  • Ah you mean the blazing over in the penalty shoot out? If we hold this against him, then we are no better than the Leics fans are we?
    However the wages, you to this spot on...

I have no problem with Nicky , but I'm afraid some of our fans would hold this against him
  • thenewbie said:

Would have stung a lot more had we not got Fuller. After tonights game I wouldn't mind seeing a proper hard-tackling midfield thug (with silky skills if that's not too much to ask.) Hollands looked a bit off the pace and Stephens is never going to be combative, they seemed outplayed to me.

He wouldn't come cheap
    He left on a sour note
    He's also very happy in Boro.

As for N'Daw he looks like a lump but we need a lump so maybe a loan but someone from the PREM like Lansbury would be class.
  • thenewbie said:

He wouldn't come cheap
    He left on a sour note

As for N'Daw he looks like a lump but we need a lump so maybe a loan but someone from the PREM like Lansbury would be class.
    Liked the look of Lansbury , seen him at west ham a couple of times and playing for England u21s, good prospect
  • Lansbury is one of those names that everyone says they want, but he never seems to do anything once he is on loan. How old is he now? He's not a teen anymore I'm sure, and if he's not in and around the Arsenal first team by now then I reckon he hasn't actually progressed as everyone thinks he should have. He's probably still good enough, but class is pushing it imo
  • thenewbie said:

He wouldn't come cheap
    He left on a sour note

I do like Lansbury but I don't think we need a creative player like him. I feel we more need a defensive midfielder and release Hughes. Don't no enough about N'Daw but would rather someone like him.
  • sam3110 said:

Lansbury is one of those names that everyone says they want, but he never seems to do anything once he is on loan. How old is he now? He's not a teen anymore I'm sure, and if he's not in and around the Arsenal first team by now then I reckon he hasn't actually progressed as everyone thinks he should have. He's probably still good enough, but class is pushing it imo

He would do a job for us though , can't deny that
  • Oh I have no doubt he would, I was more focusing on how hyped up some of these youngsters get when in reality he won't ever be more than an average prem player/good championship player.

I'd take him on if we could, but I don't think he'll come here and single-handedly get us promoted.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!