Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Bubble said:

Sky reported DS expressed a desire too move

Who wouldnt?

• Options
    I disagree with all this positivity. If viewed in context to end of last season we all thought the team needed strengthening if we were to maintain the momentum. The financial issues have scuppered this and we now have to rely on last years team to take us forward. Ok for mid table but 3 quality signings would have made us possible play off candidates.

Sorry to be a gloom merchant and I will be at Forest tomorrow cheering the lads on. Reality is 6 signings all squad fillers and no automatic first choices.
  • Options
    I think that's standard agent talk tbf to dale Stephens

He has done nothing wrong

He is only 22 and he had the opportunity to join a club with a fantastic history a club that is big in English football standards

It would've been more money better standard of opposition

He has a lot to feel sorry for himself for

But in SCP we have a man at the helm who will learn from this and know what to do to fix it
  • Options

We have more players than we did at the start we have fuller to look forward to

Solly is still here I am well happy we got through with that squad from last season in tact

Hamer is on fire so far so one position some were worried about is sorted and we seem to have picked up a quality 2nd choice according to my spurs mates

We are playing wise in a good position it looks like we can't be in the shit financially

Very good transfer window to me

good post, completely agree. Fair reflection IMO. We have a settled squad who have a very good WINNING mentality. And we probably have one of the greatest men in the world at the helm. Onwards and upwards now. Positivity please people.
    Agree with that, dan.

....up to the point where I realised that TJ had managed to slip Dennis into the squad without us noticing...At least nla spotted it .
  • Options
    Can see I having a very unhappy player on our hands unfortunately. Be interesting to see how Powell deals with it.
  • Options
    Ive got a feeling stephens may now leave on loan to go back up north
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I would of taken Hammond but delighted to see all are champions are still here.

I can understand some posters not being happy watching other teams continue to buy or loan expensive players, simple fact is many of them are risking the future of the club for potential glory which unless you have mega rich owners tends to only lead one place and that is trips to Hartlepool and the like.

If we had the owner and were doing the business of one of are promotion "friends" then i would be more worried right now even if they have a more exciting short term.

P.S. last comment is based on heavy research done by a journalist friend of mine on there owner when he and a certain former employee were last in trouble.

Had to add that before everyone's favourite Wum decide's to comment on that.
  • Options
    We need to be prudent and careful and do it the right way
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Not sure if your joking or your actually being serious? Pretty daft for him to go out on loan now, seeing as he would only be able to go to a championship team

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm very happy too

that's nice of you OP. Glad you're happy for us mate
    ;)

Pig, its 11.30 on a Friday night, why are you on a Charlton forum?
  • Options

We need to be prudent and careful and do it the right way

Exactly. Thank you.

• Options
    Our team is intact and I am very pleased.

Some good players have gone elsewhere, but we are not in a position to splash the cash, that's just how it is (and don't forget that Ricardo is now on board as our not so secret weapon and he can't have come cheap). Others may disagree, but I am loving the fact that we are sticking to our guns and turning down offers for some of our finest prospects. I expect us to get some loan players in in the next couple of months, however.

Solly and Dale are both still Addicks and I for one will be raising a glass to that imminently!
  • Options
    uie2 said:

More chance that the ankle or knee injury may re surface

Who knows but if last season it was a smoke screen to personal issues that he was allowed time off to sort then he may be reminded of that by the club and he may just come out all guns blazing
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Can see I having a very unhappy player on our hands unfortunately. Be interesting to see how Powell deals with it.

Or a hugely motivated player, as his confidence has been significantly boosted by the genuine interest of a large premiership club???

He has shown glimpses of utter brilliance - e.g. that pass at Gigg Lane. Do it consistently in the next 4 months and he may well earn himself a move in January and the club an even larger transfer fee. Hopefully the playing style at CAFC will not be too "direct" during that time, and he'll be able to flourish.

• Options
    If he was unhappy living here and it was affecting his attitude, we would have sold him today.
  • Options
    Happy days!
  • Options
    I don't think that was ever the issue Last seaso. Mate to be fair
  • Options
    beavon made his way to preston could be a horrible or great signing.
  • Options
    Good insight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

beavon made his way to preston could be a horrible or great signing.

Confused
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Watford have signed five more Udinese players on loan.

(A total of 10 loanees from Udinese this summer)
  • Options

That's just so so silly, would seriously hate it if it happened to charlton.
  • Options
    Surely there's a limit to the number of loanees each club can sign?
  • Options

They should change thier name to Londinese :o)
  • Options

We have more players than we did at the start we have fuller to look forward to

Solly is still here I am well happy we got through with that squad from last season in tact

Hamer is on fire so far so one position some were worried about is sorted and we seem to have picked up a quality 2nd choice according to my spurs mates

We are playing wise in a good position it looks like we can't be in the shit financially

Very good transfer window to me

Sensible post that I fully agree with. Would have loved a couple of marque signings to help us push on but I'm happy to have last season's extraordinary team intact and feel comfortable that we'll be okay this season, maybe even push for the playoffs if Fuller and Kerkar add a bit of X factor from the bench. Dervite may yet improve an already sturdy defence too by adding a bit of pace an culture on the ball.

Only thing I'd would have liked to see is an improvement in our options on the wide right, but loans a free agents remain options. I'm interested by the idea NRC may still sign although our interest could well cool, if it ever existed, now Stephens is staying.

Considering received wisdom a month ago was we'd be in administration by now, I'm happy with where we're at.
  • Options
    At least we can stop having these stupid "oh no solly is leaving" threads and get on with the season
  • Options
    Heard that Solly will be off first day in January to WHU, !
  • Options
    I heard it was the 2nd after the Watford game
  • Options
    Kane is off to norwich onloan
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!