Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012

Well that was boring.

At least we haven't sold BWP, or any of our players , people on here were claiming Solly , Hamer & Stephens were off at one point.

• Options
    I think we've done ok held onto the squad assembled and added 5 I'll take that
  • Options
    At the end of the day, we have kept our most important players, the players that helped us romp the league last year, and seem to be able to hold their own in this league. I think they will only get better throughout the season. We have a settled squad, we have most areas covered with back ups.
    Its obvious some of the bigger teams in the division were going to strengthen, and Hudds had the Rhodes money but I don't think we should be too envious of other clubs. As Mendonca said, we haven't recklessly splashed cash, that rarely works. I wouldn't mind 1/2 loanees next week but I agree, lets not panic and look forward to us comfortably achieving our goal of mid table this year.
  • Options
    Very pleased we've kept the squad together, after many years of last minute sales. Especially the back 5.
  • Options
    Do you remember when we flogged Danny Murphy at the last minute , i was spitting feathers and gutted , this time round just relieved we've not had a fire sale of our players to sort out our money troubles.
  • Options
    Essien to Real madrid on loan, surprising!
  • Options
    We have more players than we did at the start we have fuller to look forward to

Solly is still here I am well happy we got through with that squad from last season in tact

Hamer is on fire so far so one position some were worried about is sorted and we seem to have picked up a quality 2nd choice according to my spurs mates

We are playing wise in a good position it looks like we can't be in the shit financially

Very good transfer window to me
  • Options
    Great stuff. Not lost anybody. Fuller to come in soon (gonna rip this div apart) Possibly a couple of quality loans as well. Important to keep team/squad unity together. COYR.......Hic!
  • Options
    Happy we've kept the squad together. Just hope Stephens now plays up to his £1m/£1.5m/£2m/£2.5m price tag - and not sulk that he wasn't allowed to join Villa.
  • Options

We have more players than we did at the start we have fuller to look forward to

Solly is still here I am well happy we got through with that squad from last season in tact

Hamer is on fire so far so one position some were worried about is sorted and we seem to have picked up a quality 2nd choice according to my spurs mates

We are playing wise in a good position it looks like we can't be in the shit financially

Very good transfer window to me

good post, completely agree. Fair reflection IMO. We have a settled squad who have a very good WINNING mentality. And we probably have one of the greatest men in the world at the helm. Onwards and upwards now. Positivity please people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options

Well that was boring.

At least we haven't sold BWP, or any of our players , people on here were claiming Solly , Hamer & Stephens were off at one point.

Yeah I'm happy we've kept our team see, what I wrote earlier:

Hammill is another one I'd of liked.

Still we look on track to do the most important thing in this window which is to keep our team together.

• Options
    I'm very happy too
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Some clubs have parachute payments, some clubs have rich benefactors, some clubs have both of those things.

We have neither.

At least the squad is intact and I expect some loan moves to be made in the near future (both in and out of the club).
  • Options
    Well I am very happy with how things seem to have ended today it could have been a lot worse.
  • Options

I'm very happy too

that's nice of you OP. Glad you're happy for us mate
  • Options
    Happy not to have lost anyone important to the team, reckon we'll bring in a couple on loan - looking forward to Forest tomorrow. Thats all....
  • Options
    I guess we opened our Christmas present early when we paraded Ricky Fuller at the Valley the other week.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Happy we've kept the squad together. Just hope Stephens now plays up to his £1m/£1.5m/£2m/£2.5m price tag - and not sulk that he wasn't allowed to join Villa.

I don't think it was a case of us not allowing him to join Villa. I don't think Villa were prepared to meet our valuation and I for one applaud TJ for sticking to his guns.
  • Options
    First year in ages that the CAFC official twitter has been completely silent. Normally there's at least a message to say that the window has closed and nothing's been done or whatever. Maybe the lads have had an early night or gone for a Friday beer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off to bed a happy man as it was shaping up to be a stinker of a day.

Hopefully a couple of loanees to improve the squad but main thing was always going to be who left rather than who joined.
  • Options
    If we do continue to punch and hold our weight will be a very very impressive performance from the team

Was really worried that we would lose Kermy , solly , waggs and for some reason I had visions of Morrison going

• Options

Valley11 said:

I don't think it was a case of us not allowing him to join Villa. I don't think Villa were prepared to meet our valuation and I for one applaud TJ for sticking to his guns.
    Indeed. However, didn't someone say DS wanted the move?
  • Options
    'Addicks resolutely turn down ‘numerous’ offers from a Premier League side for one of the members of the club’s first-team squad'. Taken from the OS.

Hopefully this means we're in better financial state than has been suggested recently. If things were that bad, surely we would have sold a player.
  • Options

I'm very happy too

that's nice of you OP. Glad you're happy for us mate
    ;)

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Indeed. However, didn't someone say DS wanted the move?
    Sky did. So not sure if it's true or not.
  • Options
    2 things that have shocked me about this transfer window.

1) Fulham supposedly paying 100k a week wages for a player (Berbatov)

2) Southampton paying 12 million for a midfielder ( Ramirez)
  • Options
    Sky reported DS expressed a desire too move
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    Very pleased to lose nobody. Bit worried that it is unlikely Stephens will play tomorrow. Very worried Palace new signings will cause us problems in a fortnight. Very pleased Natalie Sawyer is still very hot.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!