Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    There are some really good CM's currently free agents - including NRC, Sean Davis, Akos Buzsaky, Boupa Diop, Ferrie Bodde, Hargreaves. Bodde has had some terrible injury problems but was a class player a couple of years back. I think I would have Sean Davis though, decent player.
  • Options
    ch

Considering received wisdom a month ago was we'd be in administration by now

Really ?? Source/Quote

I'd got the vibe that there was a lack of cash so to speak but not impending administration

Very happy to have kept this squad tho
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Talk was, oohaah, that our cash flow problems were so severe we might not be able to fulfill our opening fixtures. Please don't make me wade through the Peter Varney and Steve Kavanagh threads to find the 'in the know' quotes.
  • Options
    How do we know Stephens is unhappy? I wouldn't have minded him going, as he's a bit lightweight, but we would have needed a replacement as central midfield is already the area that probably needs the most attention.

The important thing was not losing anyone. We have got through the Summer and kept Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Kermorgant etc. It would have been good if we could have added a player, especially a Dean Hammond on loan like Brighton did, and I'd have wanted him even with Stephens staying, as he's just what we need, an experienced, combative Championship central midfielder.
  • Options
    IN LOAN

Conor Henderson
    Nigel Reo Coker
    Martyn Waghorn

OUT LOAN

John Sullivan
    Leon Clarke
    Yado Mambo
    Michael Smith
    Danny Green
  • Options
    Obviously reo coker not on loan...
  • Options
    Understand Exiled , reading that thread once was hard enough but I'm glad when I did read it I didn't take what you saw out of it , just some punters who are more upbeat than I ever am sounding a word of caution about behind the scenes activity

And the "departures" of Varney and Kavanagh and lack of acknowledgment for their services from the official club sources is the bit that doesn't sit pretty with me .....

Anyway back to the rumours if Nigel Reo Coker signs I'll eat my chocolate socks !
  • Options
    Mmm chocolate socks.
  • Options

Understand Exiled , reading that thread once was hard enough but I'm glad when I did read it I didn't take what you saw out of it , just some punters who are more upbeat than I ever am sounding a word of caution about behind the scenes activity

And the "departures" of Varney and Kavanagh and lack of acknowledgment for their services from the official club sources is the bit that doesn't sit pretty with me .....

Anyway back to the rumours if Nigel Reo Coker signs I'll eat my chocolate socks !

An improvement on the last thing you committed yourself to eat.....
  • Options
    Well, after a frantic day's innuendo , gossip and ........ Nothing happening ( for us ) save for keeping our squad together, i am very pleased to say and reassured by the fact that the bookmakers on odds checker apparently still have Crystal Palace down as dead certs for relegation .it's a beautiful day and let's hope that continues for the lads up at Forest today ! COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Splodge said:

How do we know Stephens is unhappy? I wouldn't have minded him going, as he's a bit lightweight, but we would have needed a replacement as central midfield is already the area that probably needs the most attention.

The important thing was not losing anyone. We have got through the Summer and kept Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Kermorgant etc. It would have been good if we could have added a player, especially a Dean Hammond on loan like Brighton did, and I'd have wanted him even with Stephens staying, as he's just what we need, an experienced, combative Championship central midfielder.

How do we know Stephens is unhappy? Because now we haven't sold Solly we need something else to panic about
  • Options
    So after all that Charlton split up those footballing twins: Nobody left the club and Nobody was signed on a free transfer.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Surely there's a limit to the number of loanees each club can sign?

I believe you can sign as many as you like but can only have 5 in the match squad.
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

Oggy Red said:

I think that only applies to loans from fellow English clubs ,I remember Blackpool playing once with 6 loanees because Alan Gow did not count because he was from Glasgow Rangers , so I think the ten Udinese players could all play PLUS another five players from English clubs .With fair play regs it seems unfair to me.
  • Options
    Whatever is going on behind the scenes, lots of credit to the Board for standing firm and keeping this current crop together. Cashing in on one or two in today's current climate for most clubs would have been understandable, so Champion winning squad plus the 6 new signings is commendable, particularly Fuller's signing. COYRs!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Now can the Mods change the title to include the words "Closed - Thank fook for that!" ?
  • Options
    Can we start a new thread called "Total bollox", so it won't be confused with any actual rumours?
  • Options

Watford have signed five more Udinese players on loan.

(A total of 10 loanees from Udinese this summer)

Could have been us? www.as.com/futbol/articulo/equipos-sello/20110621dasdaiftb_56/Tes
  • Options
    in terms of numbers and the positions recruited I'm happy this window ,but I am not sure yet whether the quality is what we need . For example I would have loved Quinn even it had meant sacrificing Stephens .

Last summer the signing that most excited me was Alonso and we all now know what happened with him .

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Oggy Red said:

Don't take it as gospel, but my understanding is you can loan as many as you want. However, a maximum of 5 loanees can feature in a matchday squad.

*Edit* Just seen Vinny V beat me to this..................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well on Football Manager you can sign 4 Under 21's and 4 over 21's - Not certain though
  • Options
    What happened with Rio Coker did he sign for anyone?
  • Options
    I think it'll all end in tears for Watford. Every now and then a team tries something away from the norm, but rarely works out for them. Doncaster is a recent prime example of this.
  • Options

What happened with Rio Coker did he sign for anyone?

Didn't see anything regarding him, but as he's not currently at a club, he can still sign at any time
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Could have been us? www.as.com/futbol/articulo/equipos-sello/20110621dasdaiftb_56/Tes
    Translation?
  • Options
    I was having a look at big Tony's wiki page and it says he is/was a good friend of Pozzi, the guy who owns Udinese and Watford. Shame he didn't invest in us. Although I wouldn't want so many players on loan from Udinese, maybe just 2 or 3.
  • Options
    Having that many loans would normally be very, very bad, however, if they are all already used to playing with each other then it could just work.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

in terms of numbers and the positions recruited I'm happy this window ,but I am not sure yet whether the quality is what we need . For example I would have loved Quinn even it had meant sacrificing Stephens .

Last summer the signing that most excited me was Alonso and we all now know what happened with him .

Is Quinn better than Stephens ? He certainly looks a good player & would have been a decent addition to the squad but not sure he would have made a difference to the team in place of Dale.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

Translation?
    Confused by Google translate:

Charlton Ath. Fame in England
    The Charlton Athletic, who play in the third tier of English football, wants to Pozzo and Pina. The Italian hopes to close a deal for sports management and Pina will be your guardian and manager of the reinforcements, according to coach Jeff Vetere. Pozzo in England knows that television rights are paid well and Pina, the team would be in First, then, in the Premiership.
  • Options
    should sign schlupp for left back if we ever lose wiggins haha
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!