Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• From Transfers 123 on Twitter.

Crystal Palace have had a bid accepted for Nottingham Forest winger Andy Reid. #CPFC #NFFC
  • Theres no chance of us getting Simeon Jackson.

• And another from Transfers 123

Charlton Athletic will sign midfielder Anthony Woldsworth from Colchester for £100,000. Out of contract in the summer. #CAFC #CCFC
  • Dan Seaborne going to Bournemouth on loan according to Sky.
  • Marcus Bent and JFH want to re-sign for Charlton. They both agreed that the Addicks bench was the most comfortable in European football!
  • Richard J said:

From Transfers 123 on Twitter.

Crystal Palace have had a bid accepted for Nottingham Forest winger Andy Reid. #CPFC #NFFC

The Puskas of plumstead I would have him back just keep him away from the pies
  • Didn't realise that DJ Campbell is still a QPR player, how many strikers can 1 club possibly have?!
  • As I make it:

Mackie
    Bothroyd
    Hulse
    Hoilett
    Cisse
    Zamora
    Johnson
    Remy
    Campbell
  • They've definitely got too many at the moment, but pretty sure they'll have only 4 by the end of the window:

Mackie - Stay
    Bothroyd - Stay
    Hulse - On the way out
    Hoilett - A winger
    Cisse - On the way out
    Zamora - Stay
    Johnson - Injured
    Remy - Stay
    Campbell - On the way out
  • Richard J said:

Dan Seaborne going to Bournemouth on loan according to Sky.

Probably more his level
  • Sponsored links:

• Forgot they had Johnson as well, their wage bill must be ridiculous
  • Forgot they had Johnson as well, their wage bill must be ridiculous

Harry Redknapp implied it was higher than Tottenham's when he left and that was before Remy added another £80k p/w
  • Cisse has gone to Al-Arabi in Qatar according to the Sun
  • I'd have reo coker reckon Powell would get the best from him.

Possible replacement for Stephens?

• Jarman said:

I'd have reo coker reckon Powell would get the best from him.

I think we already shot our load over NRC on the last three million post thread about him didn't we?
  • Jarman said:

I'd have reo coker reckon Powell would get the best from him.

Different style of player, NRC more of an enforcer than a passer like Stephens. If it's like for like then Wordsworth would be our hypothetical replacement for Dale... if it happens.
  • Form wise i think Pritchard is better than NRC at the moment.
  • Reo coker has been getting pelters from Ipswich fans for his very abject performances since he showed up. No better than what we have imo.
  • edited January 2013
    Jimenez wanted to sign DJ Campbell in the summer, notwithstanding there was no money. His wages are ridiculous for our budget (I think 22k a week) but I suppose would be discounted in a loan.
  • edited January 2013

Jimenez wanted to sign DJ Campbell in the summer, notwithstanding there was no money. His wages are ridiculous for our budget (I think 22k a week) but I suppose would be discounted in a loan.

Campbell would have played with SCP at Leicester so there is a link between them.

• Sponsored links:

• Might be just me, but I've never really rated old DJ.
  • edited January 2013
    Nicholas said:

Might be just me, but I've never really rated old DJ.

I would have agreed a year or so ago, but he is a goal machine at this level. I do not want to loan Schlupp or another youngster who will be a better player when he goes back to his club. If we are to loan a player why can't it be a player who is obviously still motivated and is at the top of his game?

• If we are going down the loan route then DJ Campbell is the kind of player we should be looking at imo (money permitting). Lets get a someone at their peak if we can and DJ's record suggests he's the tyoe who will play well when on loan somewhere and won't just go through the motions.

That said, signing a striker of his type needs to coupled with signing a creative midfielder who will pick out DJ's runs.

• That said, signing a striker of his type needs to coupled with signing a creative midfielder who will pick out DJ's runs.

You're bang on the money there, Exiled.

Even the top strikers in the game could struggle with our quality of service.
  • Campbell is a poacher. We create very few chances. Won't work in our side imo.
  • Campbell is a poacher. We create very few chances. Won't work in our side imo.

THIS
  • edited January 2013
    Can't we gazump Dismal Palarse for Andy Reid?
    Just what we need.

Oh, right ......... no money. :o(
  • Nicholas said:

Might be just me, but I've never really rated old DJ.

Not just you.
  • Campbell strongly linked to Palace. Holloway has mentioned in his press conference that he has spoken to QPR.
  • Don't rate old DJ either is that 3 of us?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!