Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Be gutted if he goes to Palace. Him Murray and Bolasie. Think they will have a fair shout for promotion even if Zaha goes, especially if they can replace him with a half decent winger. Either way they will be a strong force next year, decent manager, money in the bank and a confident, decent squad.
  • They'll certainly be entertaining to watch with Holloway as boss with goals going in at both ends. He's a bit like Pardew IMO, has a honeymoon period and then it all goes to pot defensively.
  • Cardiff and Leicester will run away with it this year, Palace could have a chance in the play offs. By next yr Forest will have stmubled across a decent manager and spen more cash so with any luck Palace will sunk the Zaha money chasing he dream and end up back where they belong towards the botom of the division.
  • Sam Sodje has been training at fitspace in woolwich to keep fit.

A pro footballer at a 12 quid a month gym. A real sign o'the times.

He's a real happy fella too.
  • Sam Sodje has been training at fitspace in woolwich to keep fit.

A pro footballer at a 12 quid a month gym. A real sign o'the times.

He's a real happy fella too.

I've got a real soft spot for Sam Sodje (and his brother tbh). Won't go down the in the panthion like Rufus or Costa but he was bloody good fun to watch play. I miss those shin height diving headers.
  • edited January 2013
    I'd rather see Harriot get some games than Ephraim come in, decent player but nothing special.
  • TravHouse said:
    Oh well. Will do a good job and it is promising that he prefers us - obviously educated.

• edited January 2013

I've got a real soft spot for Sam Sodje (and his brother tbh). Won't go down the in the panthion like Rufus or Costa but he was bloody good fun to watch play. I miss those shin height diving headers.

Yep, me too. Maybe lack finesse, but was obvious that the Sodje brothers just love to play.

• Did not overly rate Ephraim in L1 so not over joyed with his return in a higher league
  • Sponsored links:

• Would rather play Harriott than Ephraim, or Evina and Wiggins
  • You lot are deluded. If we got Ephraim in, we would instantly become a better team. If he was good enough to play for QPR in their promotion season, he is sure as hell good enough for us and definitely better than any othe left sided option we have currently
  • You lot are deluded. If we got Ephraim in, we would instantly become a better team. If he was good enough to play for QPR in their promotion season, he is sure as hell good enough for us and definitely better than any othe left sided option we have currently

Agree Jamie but I am still deluded.

• I'm not saying he's not good enough for the championship because he clearly is, but I feel pretty confident that we are not going down and were certainly not going to go up so why bother wasting wages on a player when it's not going to make a massive difference to our season.
  • edited January 2013
    We might as well stick with kerkar and Jackson on the left rather than waste wages on someone who is no better than what we have.
  • Macronate said:

Dizzle said:

I know its not a rumour.

But i just had to deal with a Millwall player at work who was extremely polite and pleasant

probation officer?

Ha ha no, trying to sort his kid a school place
  • We might as well stick with kerkar and Jackson on the left rather than waste wages on someone who is no better than what we have.

But Ephraim is better than Kerkar.

• I'm not saying he's not good enough for the championship because he clearly is, but I feel pretty confident that we are not going down and were certainly not going to go up so why bother wasting wages on a player when it's not going to make a massive difference to our season.

Isn't it a yellow card for using the "m" word on a thread about Charlton ?

Haha fair enough I won't go to Blackburn tomorrow as punishment :)

Haha fair enough I won't go to Blackburn tomorrow as punishment :)

Noooo ! We need all the bodies up there we can get !

• Sponsored links:

If he was 'that' good why would he go from championship winning team to a league one team last season...
  • Think we are forgetting one thing here. If we sign the right three or four players with a fair wind, good luck and a bit more good luck we might just might be in with a playoff chance. Not signing anyone that would improve the balance and quality of the team just to give a few youngsters a crack is shortsighted IMHO.
  • Think we are forgetting one thing here. If we sign the right three or four players with a fair wind, good luck and a bit more good luck we might just might be in with a playoff chance. Not signing anyone that would improve the balance and quality of the team just to give a few youngsters a crack is shortsighted IMHO.

Is it?

I'd argue it's short sighted to spend funds now chasing a pipe dream instead of saving the money for a proper push next season (if that is infact possible in itself). It will take quite a turn around for us to reach the play-offs from here let alone win them and you might as well finish outside them as lose them.

It sounds a bit defeatist but it's genuinely where I think we're at.

We need the minimum to keep us comfortably safe and then we can blood youngster and use the loans market to cover injuries. Give a few of the youngster a bit of game time here and there and you might just turn one or two into genuine first team squad memebers for next year and save yourself some more cash in the process.

The only reason to sign players permanently now is if they will be good enough to help us push on next season and come at an equal or better price that they would in the summer or they simply won't be available in the summer. Ephraim might fall into that catergory although personally he didn't convince last season.
  • I have no doubt that Ephraim is a good player at this level.

However, I would prefer any money we do have to be directed to a forward.

Waggy is a good player in a five midfield as he has the capacity to link up with a loan CF.

I would like to see Harriot coming on regularly as a sub.

I would like to see Wiggy and Evina playing on the left when we play four in midfield.

• In terms of the debate Hogan Ephraim would be an upgrade to let's say Jordan Cook as a right footed player who can operate on the left.Cook could benefit from another period on loan in League One.

For the balance of the squad we also need at least one wide left footer also,Callum Harriott could be part of the solution going forward but I would not want to put him under too much pressure so I'd still want another player as well.

I like the idea of Matt Ritchie now that Swindon are skint,Andros Townsend or possibly Sanchez Watt at Arsenal although he seems to be getting worse loans after a promising period at Leeds two years ago.

Anthony Wordsworth is also left footed but as others have said he is more of a central/left midfielder than out and out winger.That said I do hope we get Wordy.
  • edited January 2013
    Agree with Exiled here, players like Ephraim aren't going to make a huge difference. If we're going to spend good money it's got to make a real difference.

He did well enough last season but you can argue Kerkar did the same this season. It wasn't long ago some were saying Kerkar looks a great find. Then he came in and did a decent job, getting a few assists along the way. Since the Millwall game some have now decided he's got nothing to offer.
  • can we keep to the thread please...........rumours !! not idle chit chat about a player - otherwise make a particular thread about him and post on there........
  • can we keep to the thread please...........rumours !! not idle chit chat about a player - otherwise make a particular thread about him and post on there........

yes just state the rumour and move on. do not discuss it.

No problem

Ephraim started 10 league games for Qpr in their promotion season and came off the 9 times that season. Hardly played a huge part in their season.

• BWP and Green offered for Alan Judge apparently, according to Keith Curle
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!