Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• We might as well stick with kerkar and Jackson on the left rather than waste wages on someone who is no better than what we have.

Ephraim is far better than Kerkar.

• Really? I doubt we would offer 2 players for a 24 year old playing in League 1, I would offer them BWP OR Green, but not both
  • BWP and Green offered for Alan Judge apparently, according to Keith Curle

Please post a link
  • Alan Judge was very good last season. A lot of assists and played very well at The Valley
  • sorry this is just what i say different people say on twitter, should have said so at the time
  • edited January 2013
    Thought for the last year or so that Judge would move to a Championship side so would be very happy if we got him.
    He also won me a bet on my Birthday last year for being the first goal scorer in the game at The Valley.
  • Thought for the last year or so that Judge would move to a Championship side so would be very happy if we got him.
    He also won me a bet on my Birthday last year for being the first goal scorer in the game at The Valley.

If he is good enough for you then he is ok by me
  • Yes Alan judge was a standout last year .would have him definitely.he would also have to sit on the bench.
  • sam3110 said:

Really? I doubt we would offer 2 players for a 24 year old playing in League 1, I would offer them BWP OR Green, but not both

You probably won't get a say in the matter Sam ;o)

BWP with just 6 months contract to run down (and doubt if he's getting another here) ...... the buying club would be paying us only for those 6 remaining months of his contract. That's all he's worth to a buying club, unless they wait until BWP is out of contract in the summer - when he comes on a free transfer.

BWP and Green could well be 2 of the highest paid players at the club, so it removes their wages from the books - and creates budget with which to manoeuvre.

Any new signing coming in will still need to be paid an attractive signing on fee.
    So that's more budget blown.

BWP and Green are on the fringe and not playing - but as I've said before, it could us more to replace them.

• ashley said:

Yes Alan judge was a standout last year .would have him definitely.he would also have to sit on the bench.

The jury is out whether he's worth 2 players though...
  • Sponsored links:

• if anyone is a cafc player subscriber, then you should be able to listen to magpie players aswell.
    the medium on which Alan Curle after about 11 minutes said there was something involving Judge joining us.
  • edited January 2013
    Just posted - now I get a message telling me my "post must be approved". Aaaaargh!

Never had this problem when Sir Winston Churchill was running the country.
  • Think we are forgetting one thing here. If we sign the right three or four players with a fair wind, good luck and a bit more good luck we might just might be in with a playoff chance. Not signing anyone that would improve the balance and quality of the team just to give a few youngsters a crack is shortsighted IMHO.

Is it?

I'd argue it's short sighted to spend funds now chasing a pipe dream instead of saving the money for a proper push next season (if that is infact possible in itself). It will take quite a turn around for us to reach the play-offs from here let alone win them and you might as well finish outside them as lose them.

It sounds a bit defeatist but it's genuinely where I think we're at.

We need the minimum to keep us comfortably safe and then we can blood youngster and use the loans market to cover injuries. Give a few of the youngster a bit of game time here and there and you might just turn one or two into genuine first team squad memebers for next year and save yourself some more cash in the process.

The only reason to sign players permanently now is if they will be good enough to help us push on next season and come at an equal or better price that they would in the summer or they simply won't be available in the summer. Ephraim might fall into that catergory although personally he didn't convince last season.
    This
  • So we are seven points off a playoff place with half the seasons games remaining and yet some have given up on even making that last playoff spot. Interesting.
  • if anyone is a cafc player subscriber, then you should be able to listen to magpie players aswell.
    the medium on which Alan Curle after about 11 minutes said there was something involving Judge joining us.

Confirmed. Curle not interested in our old Chaff by the sounds of it.
  • So we are seven points off a playoff place with half the seasons games remaining and yet some have given up on even making that last playoff spot. Interesting.

Yep, I'm on your side, Shooters.

And the little matter of if we do go on a decent run for a playoff place - well, that's safety sorted anyway.

• According to various internet sources Judge is also out of contract in the summer
  • Judge, Wordsworth and Ritchie from Swindon who are apparently on the brink of admin. How's that for hoovering up League One talent?
  • Don't believe a word!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2013
    I haven't given up on it, but there's been very little in the first half of the season to suggest we're going to suddenly fire into life in the manner required to turn into a promotion challenging team.

If we can buy good player now at a good price then we should, of course we should.

Should we throw extra money at the team to try and get promoted this season? I don't think we should.

To use Chris Powell's first half season in charge as an example - if we can bag a bargain like BWP was in January do it, but save the real rebuild for the summer. Lets not start signing anyone we can get our hands on like we did with Ecclestone/Nouble/that-midfielder-from-Spurs-whose-name-temporarily-escapes-me in the vague hope they'll go from bench warmer elsewhere to Messi impersonator as soon as they set foot inside SE7. Teams don't very often dramatically alter the course of their season in January without really big investment (I'm thinking Curbs at West Ham and 'Arry at Pompey).

As I've said elswhere on here, I don't know where we are financially as a club, but on the playing side there are parallels between the team we have now and the team of 96/97. I'd take this season being nothing more than grinding out survival if what follows next season is another 97/98.

The one difference this year is we don't seem to have signed the next Mark Kinsella, but there is of course only one of him anyway.
  • Judge is 5'6"

We frequently get bullied in midfield so I was hoping for more of a presence
  • edited January 2013
    Swisdom said:

Judge is 5'6"

We frequently get bullied in midfield so I was hoping for more of a presence

Solly does not seem to get Bullied and he is 5'3". ;)
  • Judge, Wordsworth and Ritchie from Swindon who are apparently on the brink of admin. How's that for hoovering up League One talent?

I doubt it, seeing as CP is on record saying that he would like any signings to have had Championship experience.

• in todays loçal Colchester paper ( the essex county standard) the only club who have inquired about Anthony wordsworth is Ipswich
  • Dizzle said:

Macronate said:

Dizzle said:

I know its not a rumour.

But i just had to deal with a Millwall player at work who was extremely polite and pleasant

probation officer?

Ha ha no, trying to sort his kid a school place
    Was it a goalkeeper ? (His daughters mate is the barmaid at The Golden Lion on Saturday lunchtimes).

• Think curle is a bit of a plonka personally, bwp and green for judge, i think that would have been a great deal for notts county!
  • If that story is true all Curle needed to do was say no.
    Why gob off to the newspaper and bad mouth our players.
    Total lack of class, fooking w@nker
  • If that story is true all Curle needed to do was say no.
    Why gob off to the newspaper and bad mouth our players.
    Total lack of class, fooking w@nker

Makes no sense either. They need a striker, they're potentially offered one who got 20+ goals last season in the title winning side, and he says he's not good enough. If he can't agree terms with Jordan Stewart, I think Van Persie's going to be a bit tricky to attract...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!