Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• out of contract = agent talk = higher wages
  • 18 Apr 2013 22:26:17
    Preston are being linked with Sheffield Wednesday's Chris O'Grady and Charlton's Michael Smith. It is believed that Simon Grayson is looking for a tall, strong forward to provide the aerial presence that the team has missed since the departure of Akpo Sodje.

18 Apr 2013 18:14:49
    Heard a rumour Andy Johnson will sign for Charlton this summer as he isn't wanted at QPR like many others.

18 Apr 2013 09:54:25
    Brentford are in talks to sign on-loan Charlton striker Bradley Wright-Phillips, 28, on a free transfer in the summer.

I suspect this will happen if the Bees are promoted.

Sorry to burst your bubble ian wright has let slip that notts county are the favourites i'm a charlton fan btw and the reason he let it slip was there was roumers he was going to be given a lifeline at us but ian said he does not want to say

16 Apr 2013 20:22:05
    Charlton transfers
    Ins
    Bradley Bubb - Aldershot Town
    Conor Wickham - Sunderland

Outs
    Danny Haynes - free
    Ricardo Fuller - free
    Dale Stephens - free
    Johnnie Jackson - 100k
  • 18 Apr 2013 09:54:25
    Brentford are in talks to sign on-loan Charlton striker Bradley Wright-Phillips, 28, on a free transfer in the summer.

Sorry to burst your bubble ian wright has let slip that notts county are the favourites i'm a charlton fan btw and the reason he let it slip was there was roumers he was going to be given a lifeline at us but ian said he does not want to say

ACWORTH!!
  • 18 Apr 2013 09:54:25

ACWORTH!!

He's now to be found on the Welling Utd forum
  • how old is Andy Johnson now?
  • Johnson would certainly improve our penalty count!
  • Him and Haynes will be lucky to play 15 games between them.
  • Do you mean al der shit forwards? ;-)

Ha ha ;) Classic!

• Sponsored links:

• 19 Apr 2013 08:23:46
    Swindon have re entered talks with Charlton for Marlon Pack, they are rumoured to be offering 250k plus winger Luke rooney who the club paid 175K for.

FR strikes again.
  • JJ for 100k wow we must be a rich club if we can afford to sell one of our best players and club captain for such a cheap price. Why we are at it, lets sell him to the Palarse or the Scum!
    Swindon have re entered talks with Charlton for Marlon Pack, they are rumoured to be offering 250k plus winger Luke rooney who the club paid 175K for.

FR strikes again.

I'd accept :-)
  • 23 Apr 2013 00:58:49
    FR Again

Hartlepool United manager John Hughes has been told by a number of players they will be leaving in the summer after deciding not to extend their contracts at the club.
    Young defender Jack Baldwin is shock to be released after his agent notified the 19 year old of interest from the Championship and League 1. He will be released as a free agent along with Antony Sweeney, Evan Horwood, James Poole, Neil Austin and Sam Collins
    Captain Peter Hartley is also expected to leave after declaring he still wants to play League 1 football.
    First choice stopper Scott Flinders will also leave after saying he isn't keen on League 2 football. The former Barnsley player is set to have a pre season trial with Charlton Athletic.
    Experienced midfielder Andy Monkhouse is also expected to leave after having talks with League 1 club Tranmere Rovers.
    United manager John Hughes is expected to want 10 new faces to compete, unlike other relegated League 1 club Bury who are set to lose nobody on a free transfer.

22 Apr 2013 20:00:50
    Cardiff City are set to release two players after deciding not to extend their contracts. City manager Malky Mackay believes two aren't up to Premier League standard and would do them good to move on.
    Irish midfielder Stephen McPhail is in line to be released and is rumoured to have had already had talks with Championship club Charlton Athletic.
    Another set to leave is experience frontman Heidar Helguson. The Icelandic hitman is believed to have been told he won't feature much next campaign. The 35 year old still thinks he can play at a high level for three years and is being courted by former club Watford, depending on whether they win promotion or not.
    Youngster Joe Ralls will be offered a new long term deal whilst Norwich defender Leon Barnett will sign a two year contract for just under £1 million.

21 Apr 2013 12:02:40
    Oldham Manager Lee Johnson is prepared to offer FA Cup and League star Matt Smith a new 2 year contract, despite the striker having attracted major interest from championship clubs Birmingham, Millwall, Charlton and League One promotion candidates Swindon Town.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m

Former #cafc captain Nicky Bailey not set to be offered new terms in the summer by Middlesbrough as they look to cut wagebill.
    Expand
  • Flinders would probably only come to replace Button/Sullivan, Bailey would fit in to the team nicely at the moment but i'd imagine he'd be on a big packet at Boro

FR strikes again.

I'd accept :-)
    Pack plays for Cheltenham.
  • I would be surprised at any of those but we do not know the state of play with the current squad and comings and goings.

Flinders, I could only see if we offloaded both Button and Sullivan or sold Hamer for a big fee.

We could have signed McPhail on loan earlier in the season and choose instead to 'trial' Gower,he is a player I like but age is also against him.

Matt Smith would be possible if we do not resign the likes of Fuller or Haynes.

As for Bailey,I suspect he would be financially out of reach
  • like his penailty v swindon..
  • Not that we could afford him, but Bailey alongside Jacko would be spot on. Since he moved to Boro, he has been converted successfully (eventually) to more of a holding midfielder. Alongside JJ that would work well.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would have Bailey back in a heartbeat. Can his wages really be that high?
  • If have him back gladly too. Surely couldn't happen.
  • He'd have to take a big cut but our wage structure is probably too low for him to remotely consider re-joining
  • He'd have to take a big cut but our wage structure is probably too low for him to remotely consider re-joining

Wow, a sign of the times! I remember we were the big club move for him not so long ago and now he's too big for us if we did want him back!
  • He'd have to be in some big performances to win some fans over, the more I think about his time here the more I probably overrated him as a player and it would appear that he has decreased in quality from the way some Boro fans appear to talk about him. Wouldn't say no
  • If we can afford Fuller, surely we can afford Bailey?
  • I would have Bailey back in a heartbeat. Can his wages really be that high?

Reported to be on £15k a week plus bonuses

• Our midfield is crying out for a Nicky Bailey
  • J BLOCK said:

Our midfield is crying out for a Nicky Bailey

I don't think so. I thought he was greatly over-rated by our support, perhaps because he showed more heart than some of what we had at the time. Technically, he was often poor (eg Swindon in play-offs), and defensively he was rash and prone to giving away unnecessary free-kicks and penalties.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!