Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Simeon Jackson on loan to Brighton
  • edited March 2013
  • We are saved.

On Into The Valley - Top 100 Rich List

Post by acworth71 on 20 hours ago
    Took me till 3 in the morning last week so what I plan to do is contact every single person on that list,through post and email and try and get a consortium going im going work bloddy hard in achieving this.So this weekend letters be going off see if we can get some support from the very rich who have money to burn.Im going do all I can to get some of these people interested in investing into Charlton Athletic I let u know if i get any emails back.People who know me will tell u that im not bullshitting

You have to admire this blokes love of Charlton .

anybody from the forbes list get back to him do you know?
  • We are saved.

On Into The Valley - Top 100 Rich List

Post by acworth71 on 20 hours ago
    Took me till 3 in the morning last week so what I plan to do is contact every single person on that list,through post and email and try and get a consortium going im going work bloddy hard in achieving this.So this weekend letters be going off see if we can get some support from the very rich who have money to burn.Im going do all I can to get some of these people interested in investing into Charlton Athletic I let u know if i get any emails back.People who know me will tell u that im not bullshitting

You have to admire this blokes love of Charlton .

anybody from the forbes list get back to him do you know?
    Only men in white coats.

• 27 Mar 2013 03:34:12
    charlton to be taken over by Malaysian money soon before January some time

27 Mar 2013 03:07:34
    Lloyd sam back to charlton from NY red bulls for a free in summer.

Will we have to change our kit to red if we get taken over by Malaysians?
    Hope not, would go against years of tradition.

Most likely they would change our nickname too. Make it something like a Robin, which is a lucky bird in the far east.

lol
  • DeeBee said:

Simeon Jackson on loan to Brighton

Well thats me out. Have been wanting us to sign him for years.

• Exclusive: Addicks consider Rouamba deal

Thursday, 28 March 2013

By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON are weighing up signing Burkina Faso midfielder Florent Rouamba.

The Addicks will need to complete a deal for the 26-year-old defensive midfielder before today's deadline for signings.

Rouamba played in the African Cup of Nations final against Nigeria in February.

He has played for six seasons in the Moldovan National Division for Sheriff Tiraspol.

Rouamba has been capped 30 times by The Stallions.

------------------------------------

5' 11 1/2" before you ask
  • Exclusive: Addicks consider Rouamba deal

Thursday, 28 March 2013

By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON are weighing up signing Burkina Faso midfielder Florent Rouamba.

The Addicks will need to complete a deal for the 26-year-old defensive midfielder before today's deadline for signings.

Rouamba played in the African Cup of Nations final against Nigeria in February.

He has played for six seasons in the Moldovan National Division for Sheriff Tiraspol.

Rouamba has been capped 30 times by The Stallions.

------------------------------------

5' 11 1/2" before you ask

Defensive midfielder - left field signing! Bizarre.
    The new Kish? Here's hoping.
  • Rouamba looks a big lad.

Seems a bit of an odd one but if true that we are interested shows we are spreading our coaching net very wide.

All together now

"Rou -am -ba, wooh, ooh, ooh
    Rou-am-ba, wooh, ooh, ooh
    He comes from Ivory Coast
    He hates Millwall the most"
  • Sponsored links:

• Did you change his nationality just to get a rhyme? Mind you I can't think of anything that rhymes with Burkina Faso.
  • iaitch said:

Did you change his nationality just to get a rhyme? Mind you I can't think of anything that rhymes with Burkina Faso.

'he'll give you a load of hassle' ?

• I know nothing about him but he looks a big strong athlete which exactly fits the profile for modern football. We certainly lack players of his physique. Hope it's true.
  • My name is Rouamba
    I come from Africa and I can play
    What can you play?
    I play da football
  • iaitch said:

Did you change his nationality just to get a rhyme? Mind you I can't think of anything that rhymes with Burkina Faso.

I admit it. And no, I couldnt think of anything to rhyme or scan with Burkina Faso either.

: - )
  • Plaaayer said:

My name is Rouamba
    I come from Africa and I can play
    What can you play?
    I play da football

give it up : - )
  • I know nothing about him but he looks a big strong athlete which exactly fits the profile for modern football. We certainly lack players of his physique. Hope it's true.

He looks like half the championship ie huge.
  • edited March 2013
    We're raiding the Moldovan National Division for talent. First, Osman Sow from Dacia Chisinau and now Florent Mouamba from Sheriff Tiraspol!
  • Rouamba, ooohhh ohhhh
    Rouamba, ooohhh ohhhh
    He's played in Moldova
    He'll bulldoze over ya
  • He likes food from Old El Paso.....
    I'll get my coat....
  • Sponsored links:

• We're raiding the Moldovan National Division for talent. First, Osman Sow from Dacia Chisinau and now Florent Mouamba from Sheriff Tiraspol!

Sadly this sums up our situation at the moment. 2 seasons ago we were raiding the best of the best from League's 1 & 2 to mount a promotion challenge.........now we are raiding the Moldovan National Division.
  • The Moldovan National Division is a hot bed of untapped talent.Plus we are trying to find the most unusually named footballer.We have made a good start with Sow but there must be better ones out there.
  • We're raiding the Moldovan National Division for talent. First, Osman Sow from Dacia Chisinau and now Florent Mouamba from Sheriff Tiraspol!

Sadly this sums up our situation at the moment. 2 seasons ago we were raiding the best of the best from League's 1 & 2 to mount a promotion challenge.........now we are raiding the Moldovan National Division.
    Or you could say he plays for a hugely unfavoured team that played in the AFCON final against Nigeria - where superstar Didier Drogba's Ivory Coast failed miserably.

I think of that lump that played for Ipswich, or someone like Papa Bouba Diop - people you hadn't heard of but are fast, strong athletes. Id love to see someone out the with people bouncing off him as he runs off with the ball - a bit like Semedo when he was here. YES they can be limited but if you tell them to do their job and play to it it can be so so so effective - look at Makelele. He just broke play up and played it simple.

• Alex Song, Busquets, Mascherano, Makelele, Khedira, Cambiasso, Gattusso, De Rossi

All players whose primary job is to break things up. Sure, some of them have additional qualities, but it's true, sometimes you need that player who sits there and smashes into the opposition, instead of "backing off, backing off, backing off, oh that's fine have a 30 yard shot Charlie Austin..... oops"

Think of the amount of times we have looked overrun in midfield this season, even against Forest, I never thought I'd see the day that Andy Reid is running is the one running rings around a midfield, but he did that day
  • As long as he's not the next Amdy Faye......,,
  • I'd take him, played in the African cup of nations final so there must be some quality there.
  • iaitch said:

I admit it. And no, I couldnt think of anything to rhyme or scan with Burkina Faso either.

: - )
    He can-a shoot and-a pass-o

Ok, ok, more italian sounding.
  • Oggy Red said:

As long as he's not the next Amdy Faye......,,

Looks a bit of a Razak
  • edited March 2013
    Something very exciting about signing a player you know nothing about although in recent years we've seen a lot more Mikel Alonso's than we have Dennis Rommedahl's
  • sam3110 said:

Alex Song, Busquets, Mascherano, Makelele, Khedira, Cambiasso, Gattusso, De Rossi

All players whose primary job is to break things up. Sure, some of them have additional qualities, but it's true, sometimes you need that player who sits there and smashes into the opposition, instead of "backing off, backing off, backing off, oh that's fine have a 30 yard shot Charlie Austin..... oops"

Think of the amount of times we have looked overrun in midfield this season, even against Forest, I never thought I'd see the day that Andy Reid is running is the one running rings around a midfield, but he did that day

Agree with this. Hopefully if we sign him he'll turn out to be a bargain

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!