Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• No one will take us over while our fate is in the balance.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Been considering posting this for weeks, but haven't as I wasn't sure whether it would get my wife in trouble. Now told it won't

Basically my wifes firm have been engaged to assist with the potential take over of a football team based in SE7. The people engaging theirservices are based in Dubai.

Yawn
    Bore off you twat.

Not when I keep on reading constant rumours about takeovers when nothing is happening at all. I'm tired of it.
  • An interesting conundrum for messrs TJ and MS. Can't believe a possible sale would go ahead if we were relegated so do they spend a bit more on a couple of loans to see us over the line or hope that we can struggle over with what we currently have ? I think we might see the former option as I think getting relegated would finish TJ and MS as owners and force either a sale for virtually nothing or administration. I think that the good ship CAFC is sailing very close to the rocks in shark infested water right now. I very much hope that we scrape together enough points to stay up.
  • How much will TJ sell for? Read on here he was asking for too much but what is a decent price for a club of our stature/fanbase? £20m? £15m?
  • Constantly hear these takeover rumours just to find out its a load of ball. Whats so different this time?
  • Almonds said:

Constantly hear these takeover rumours just to find out its a load of ball. Whats so different this time?

They're rumours in a rumours thread so have to be read as such.

And how have you found out they are a load of bull?

Just because a deal didn't happen doesn't mean that there was never any interest or truth in the rumour.

If anyone has ever sold a house they'll know you get lots of viewers but only one buyer. I'm guessing this is where Charlton are now but that is just my guess, not inside info.

Slater dismissed the Koc rumour as nonsense but then again he banned the SLP after they ran the story.

A few different people seem to have heard things. It could be the same "bull" doing the rounds but Clem says his wife's firm are working on a deal. Seem a more credible source for the rumour than "I saw some rich looking blokes who might be Arabs in the Directors box" to me but that is just me.

As ever, when I see it on the official site then I'll believe it is a done deal. Until then, real interest or just made up stuff, it doesn't mean a thing.

• How much will TJ sell for? Read on here he was asking for too much but what is a decent price for a club of our stature/fanbase? £20m? £15m?

There is no benchmark and very difficult to compare one club with another as prices aren't given out and each has different levels of debt, income, property, etc. Blackburn reportedly went for £40 when they were in the Premier League.

CAFC was sold for £2 (two pounds) when in league 1 but with all the debt tagged on.

Someone suggested £35m was the asking price which seems very high to me but I'm not privy to how that breaks down.

It could be £20m plus take on the £15m debt to bond holders.

£35m could be the starting price and they expect to be knocked down to a lower figure. "ask for tup'pence, take a penny" as they used to say.
  • Almonds said:

Constantly hear these takeover rumours just to find out its a load of ball. Whats so different this time?

They're rumours in a rumours thread so have to be read as such.

And how have you found out they are a load of bull?

Just because a deal didn't happen doesn't mean that there was never any interest or truth in the rumour.

If anyone has ever sold a house they'll know you get lots of viewers but only one buyer. I'm guessing this is where Charlton are now but that is just my guess, not inside info.

Slater dismissed the Koc rumour as nonsense but then again he banned the SLP after they ran the story.

A few different people seem to have heard things. It could be the same "bull" doing the rounds but Clem says his wife's firm are working on a deal. Seem a more credible source for the rumour than "I saw some rich looking blokes who might be Arabs in the Directors box" to me but that is just me.

As ever, when I see it on the official site then I'll believe it is a done deal. Until then, real interest or just made up stuff, it doesn't mean a thing.

I understand Henry and it does seem to come from a more reliable source then some of the others. I have never thought about it in that way I think you may be right about some may just be looking. I suppose we will just wait and see.
  • I know the above figures are only supposition but I don't really understand how we could have been worth nothing (with the debt) 2 years ago and worth tens of millions now (still with the debt and probably more with the new owners seeking to recoup their losses).

The increased TV money can't be worth that much outside the Prem so any increase must be increased worth of the playing staff plus some sort of value on 'improved' infrastructure and being one step closer to the Prem. Can't see that can be worth any more than 10 mill max. after you take into account increased debt.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    Charente, there doesn't have to be any logic to it. A higher division does make a difference though I would think.

So does the sellers need/desire to sell. This would have been a big factor then and will be now but we can't be sure in what way.

And why does the buyer want to buy? Make money? Kudos? Who knows?

One factor I think will make a difference will be the status of our academy. If we get Cat 1 that could be a huge incentive to buy.
  • Had no idea where to put it or whether someone has already mentioned it, but am I right in saying callum harriott is out of contract this summer?
    I'd be very worried if that was the case..
  • Whatever happens I hope we get some money from somewhere or we're going back down next season. I'd take selling Stephens, Solly, Morrison or Hamer if it means we can build a better all round team.
  • Well we need £7m just to stand still..
  • 21 Mar 2013 14:13:53
    Northamptons Akinfenwa is in talks with charlton athletic over a possible move in the summer

21 Mar 2013 15:08:26
    absolutely no chance the guy is a lump of lard

18 Mar 2013 16:25:05
    Derby County set to sign Martyn Waghorn on pre-contract terms for summer move and make bids for Walsalls Will Grigg and Blackpool defender Crainey.

out go Tyson to Charlton (free) and Robinson to Huddersfield (250k)

• Would have taken Tyson a few years ago but not now.
  • According to the SLP , SCP is going out to Madrid this weekend to scout for players
  • Ronaldo and FALCAO it is then
  • Dizzle said:

Ronaldo and FALCAO it is then

Worth their weight in aluminium.
  • Kaka it is then, the creative player we've been looking for...
  • Sponsored links:

• Mikel alonso is on his way back
  • If anyone doubted SCP decision making this proves he is a master. Snowing here.
  • I remember us being "linked" with Tyson a few years back, looked dreadful when we played Derby at the Valley
  • Watford and Charlton are keeping tabs on promising Chateauroux forward Jonathan Rivas.

The 21-year-old has been impressing with for the Chateauroux reserves this season, where he has scored nine goals in 17 outings so far.

And now, according to reports in France, the Championship duo are both tracking his progress with his contract supposedly up at the end of the season.

But Freiburg and Fortuna Dusseldorf are also well aware of his situation and could hand him a shot at German football this summer.

The German pair sent scouts to watch him in action at the weekend, when he scored twice in a 3-1 win against the Nantes reserves.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/130327/watford-and-charlton-keeping-tabs-chateauroux-forward-jonathan-#ixzz2Ok2zQS20
    Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
    Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/130327/watford-and-charlton-keeping-tabs-chateauroux-forward-jonathan-#Yi40i19wDKzMAm4U.99
  • Watford should stick to their army of Italians and leave us to it ;0).
  • 27 Mar 2013 03:34:12
    charlton to be taken over by Malaysian money soon before January some time

27 Mar 2013 03:07:34
    Lloyd sam back to charlton from NY red bulls for a free in summer.

Will we have to change our kit to red if we get taken over by Malaysians?

Will we have to change our kit to red if we get taken over by Malaysians?
    Hope not, would go against years of tradition.

Most likely they would change our nickname too. Make it something like a Robin, which is a lucky bird in the far east.

Before January ???? 2014 ?

• OK, time to own up and say that I am the one leading the Malaysian takeover.

We will be changing our shirts to white with a red shoulder flash and be called The Valiants.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!