Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Yet since then he's been holding down a DCM role with a top half of the Champioship team. We've improved and so maybe has he.
  • I would have Bailey back in a heartbeat. Can his wages really be that high?

Reported to be on £15k a week plus bonuses

Will anyone else offer him £15k a week though I don't think he's done enough over the past few seasons to get a similar deal

• J BLOCK said:

Our midfield is crying out for a Nicky Bailey

I don't think so. I thought he was greatly over-rated by our support, perhaps because he showed more heart than some of what we had at the time. Technically, he was often poor (eg Swindon in play-offs), and defensively he was rash and prone to giving away unnecessary free-kicks and penalties.
    Disagree
  • We haven't been screaming out for a roll around on the floor diving bitch

If he ever found the player who got stuck in passed well moved around the pitch and had a great shot on him maybe

But I get the feeling that player is gone
  • I'm not sure I'd want him back. We play good football now and we didn't under Parkinson. It was all long ball and I'm not sure Bailey would fit into the club as it is now.
  • Never rated Bailey other than effort he put in,made crucial mistakes and was a bit of a headless chicken,dont want him back!!
  • J BLOCK said:

Our midfield is crying out for a Nicky Bailey

I don't think so. I thought he was greatly over-rated by our support, perhaps because he showed more heart than some of what we had at the time. Technically, he was often poor (eg Swindon in play-offs), and defensively he was rash and prone to giving away unnecessary free-kicks and penalties.

Agree

• edited April 2013
    Bailey was a very good player for us in Div 1. He drove the team on and scored so many crucial goals. His ability to drift into the box un-noticed and finish off a chance was very similar to Jackson. He wasn't the best in possession in our own half and did cost us with a couple of bad decisions but on balance he was good for us and was missed when he left.

My M'Boro contact (and someone who knows the game...) rates him in the role of defensive midfielder....which is the last place you would have played him at Charlton! Been very injury prone though and probably not worth the risk now.
  • Bailey scored more than his fair share of goals but was all too often play acting and giving the ball away. The role of scoring midfielder is currently with Johnnie Jackson and I don't see that changing any time soon given his 2nd half of the season. Ive seen Jack putting in some crunching tackles this season that would have snapped Bailey.

For someone who claimed to love it here he was soon enough on his toes to the other end of the country for a few extra quid rather than come back strongly and try again at getting us promoted.
    Bailey could have been a Charlton legend - as it is it's Jacko who has assumed the role and done a pretty bloody good job at it
  • Compare Bailey and Jackson as real leaders of the team and there's only one winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Bailey scored more than his fair share of goals but was all too often play acting and giving the ball away. The role of scoring midfielder is currently with Johnnie Jackson and I don't see that changing any time soon given his 2nd half of the season. Ive seen Jack putting in some crunching tackles this season that would have snapped Bailey.

For someone who claimed to love it here he was soon enough on his toes to the other end of the country for a few extra quid rather than come back strongly and try again at getting us promoted.
    Bailey could have been a Charlton legend - as it is it's Jacko who has assumed the role and done a pretty bloody good job at it

Not sure that this statement is fair, we were up sh1t creek in terms of finances and the £1.4m (?) we received for him would have been very much needed to keep us afloat.

I never rated him in the middle of the park though and prefered to see the Semedo / Racon partnership there than see Bailey in there. He tried to be like Steve Gerrard with his long diagonal passing and long shots, but invariably his passes would be off target and he would follow the big downside to Gerrard - DIVING. I would not want him back, we should be looking for a better player than him.
  • Chrispy51 said:

Swisdom said:

Bailey scored more than his fair share of goals but was all too often play acting and giving the ball away. The role of scoring midfielder is currently with Johnnie Jackson and I don't see that changing any time soon given his 2nd half of the season. Ive seen Jack putting in some crunching tackles this season that would have snapped Bailey.

Not sure that this statement is fair, we were up sh1t creek in terms of finances and the £1.4m (?) we received for him would have been very much needed to keep us afloat.

I never rated him in the middle of the park though and prefered to see the Semedo / Racon partnership there than see Bailey in there. He tried to be like Steve Gerrard with his long diagonal passing and long shots, but invariably his passes would be off target and he would follow the big downside to Gerrard - DIVING. I would not want him back, we should be looking for a better player than him.
    When in fact we had a player who was actually signed by Liverpool to play with and possibly succeed Gerrard in Jonjo Shelvey. He was 'too good' for us though according to our manager at the time and was dropped from the team.
  • Alex pearce is being released by reading. For me a priority signing... top dog CB at champ level
  • Pearce and Morro would be fantastic, he's fairly young as defenders go if I remember right aswell

• Pearce's wage demands are too high for Reading,I would be surprised if we could afford him.
  • Did I read somewhere that Le fondre might be available in the summer?
  • Ok that i didnt know. I dont knock him for rejecting tho...he is one of their best players and earning half of what pog earns

He will be picked up by one of the prem new boys and probably secure 30-40k a week as he is free
  • I'd like us to get Danny Batth from Wolves he's out of contract at the end of the season unless he's recently signed a new deal.
  • edited April 2013
    Batth is a good shout but I reckon he'd favour a move back to Wednesday if they go in for him too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not that we could afford him, but Bailey alongside Jacko would be spot on. Since he moved to Boro, he has been converted successfully (eventually) to more of a holding midfielder. Alongside JJ that would work well.

His successful conversion to a holding midfielder is not working too well at the moment is it? Middlesbrough are dropping like, well like we did. It was when he was playing the holding role that he was at his absolute worst, if you told him to get forward, don't hold and don't tackle, now that would work, but in no other way at all ever, ever would it work with Jackson.
  • edited April 2013
    Had time down this way with Colchester that could tempt him but if he is released I could see him going to Wendys
  • edited April 2013
    From FR

28 Apr 2013 21:23:56
    Brentford could lose 3 of 4 key players should they not go up through the play-offs. Clayton Donaldson is being watched by Charlton and Derby. Harry Forrester is being looked at by Ipswich and Crystal Palace. Simon Moore is being watched by Premier League clubs including Sunderland and Aston Villa. Marcello Trotta will go back to Fulham.

25 Apr 2013 16:51:23
    Charlton are in talks with arsenal to take Thomas eisfeld on a season long loan for next season.

Oliver Capper: Young Swedish striker with a fine strike record since dropping down to the second division in Sweden this year who has been involved in the national team youth team setup - currently plays for AFK Atlantic, has been linked with various Belgium teams as well as the Hornets and Charlton before

--------------------------

Very worryingly, unconfirmed whispers, not from FR, that Archie Edwards is off to Man United.

Would be a big loss as he is a real talent IMHO
  • Not whispers mate big fat facts I am afraid

He has gone to utd from what I hear

Shows that the missed opportunity and investment will cost is massively as Archie was the real deal
  • This is becoming a joke, I know we have always been a feeder club but it still pisses me off.
  • so we have lost 2 top U16's in 2 months??
  • We didnt invest to secure the talent and now we will be picked apart harsh lesson for club and owners

When Archie becomes a great man utd youngster

Really annoying news to wake up to
  • makes you wonder what the point of nuturing them is.

not blaming the players but the system is all wrong, imo.
  • Hardly worth running youth sides when you see this happening time after time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!